The Past Decade: Revealed

Advertisement
But we did manage to lose four times at home in the last three years.

So?

Did we advance?

You are so disingenuous it's incredible.

You're the ultimate 'play the result' guy. But because you were embarrassed this year by our success you're now talking about single regional games that didn't change any of the outcomes.

The better teams won in almost every instance.

Clown.

We advanced two out of three times, in case you missed it. But keep avoiding the point: we do not win road games. Other teams (bad teams!) do win road games.

Why can't we ever beat a team that is better than us? What happened to randomness?

Great programs, great managers, they don't go winless on the road for an entire decade.

I must have missed that law of the universe.

They do with those teams (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013) against those opponents.

Your nitpicking in this thread is utter silliness.

You can call it a law of the universe, or you can look at results. Could you take an Ivy League team on the road and get a win against a national seed? If so, then the Miami Hurricanes can go on the road one time in a decade and beat a Florida or a Louisville.

Since Omaha is random, did their lottery number just get picked three straight years? Or did they have a really good team that knew how to win in the post-season like we used to do?

You still don't understand randomness.

Sad.

Randomness simply means unpredictable in nature.

You can have a good team and win (one outcome). You can have a good team and not win (another outcome).

Advertisement
Could you just settle on one side of this so I can start my nap......

Are we losing because we play better teams, or are we losing because everything is so random? I ask because we have lost to higher seeds and lower seeds, yet the narrative changes depending upon which year we happen to be talking about at the time.

Why did we lose to Florida? "They were better".
Why did we lose to UC Santa Barbara? "Crazy random post-season."
Okay, then why don't we ever randomly beat a #1 seed? "Uh, you're a delusional fanboy who only wants championships".

If you could settle this, we could probably save some bandwidth.

Two finals in five years points to some good qualities about their program.

Laughable.

No it doesn't.

What good qualities would they have that benefited them in 2012 then left them in 2013, 2014, 2015 and then reappeared in 2016 under a completely different head coach?

Your arguments are comical.

You claim that good programs win a lot in Omaha.

But Arizona's program has sucked for about the last 15 years. They've missed the Tournament 6 times in that span.

Advertisement
Two finals in five years points to some good qualities about their program.

Laughable.

No it doesn't.

What good qualities would they have that benefited them in 2012 then left them in 2013, 2014, 2015 and then reappeared in 2016 under a completely different head coach?

Your arguments are comical.

You claim that good programs win a lot in Omaha.

But Arizona's program has sucked for about the last 15 years. They've missed the Tournament 6 times in that span.

So our loss to Arizona was "random" since we were the higher seed. What about when we lose to Florida?

Basically, why do we ALWAYS LOSE?

I guess I'm wondering why not one bit of criticism is acceptable.

Fair criticism is obviously fair.

Saying that Jim Morris is terrible because he doesn't win road tournament games against higher seeds is so preposterous it's funny.

Fortunately for us great coaches host a majority of the time and cash in when they've got the team to do it.

And we've done that.

There you go. Change the argument to get the heat off of your boy.

Your arguments are just stupid.

Anybody can see that.

Except, of course, that your only supporter is CTCANE, who is the biggest blind homer in the history of sports.

Everyone else wants to know why we fall apart in every post-season as soon as we play a quality opponent.

Advertisement
You don't understand the difference between neutral site games and road games.

No. You're just displaying your nitpicking nature again.

Regionals have a host and three road teams.

We've won games on the road just not against the higher seeded hosts.

Saying that Jim Morris is terrible because he doesn't win road tournament games against higher seeds is so preposterous it's funny.

It was a pretty long original post. That point was one of many.

Can you think of any coaches who have won road games against higher seeds?

Advertisement
Why can't we ever beat a team that is better than us? What happened to randomness?

Since teams worse than us (as you said) occasionally win road games that's another sign of randomness.

It doesn't mean that we should win the road games we played or that we should wish to be those other teams.

It's just more nitpicking of irrelevant results.

You don't understand the difference between neutral site games and road games.

No. You're just displaying your nitpicking nature again.

Regionals have a host and three road teams.

We've won games on the road just not against the higher seeded hosts.

It was pretty clear in my original post. I even separated them out for you.

So the big defense is "we can beat Jacksonville in Gainesville", but there's no answer for why we can't ever beat the host, even though hosts have dropped like flies in the last ten years.

Could you take an Ivy League team on the road and get a win against a national seed? If so, then the Miami Hurricanes can go on the road one time in a decade and beat a Florida or a Louisville.

Could, sure.

Doesn't mean it will (or should) happen.

Just because the 2015 Columbia team did something improbable it doesn't mean that complete different teams should do the same.

Advertisement
Back