Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why they'd be ****ed about Kirkland's situation getting out. Every school that got eyes on him shut it down immediately. Honestly no clue why Texas took him.. they must have never seen him in person.

When I was on a visit with some kids, one being an OLineman (Johnathan Cline) and sitting in meeting rooms with Mirabal and Pata and walking around with the group of OL kids, Kirkland comes in and sits down and pulls out a jumbo box of little debby honey buns out of his backpack and tore into about 4 of them in 30 minutes. The kid can barely breathe walking across campus. I think he hit 400 pounds. Presumably chronic knee, ankle, and foot issues developing already based on what I heard.

Florida, Michigan State, Miami, etc. backed off when he made his final rounds to each campus.
This. Mario should be less concerned about recruiting stories coming out and maybe more concerned about hiring an OC already. Supposedly he wants to compete with Clemson and Georgia. Well those programs had contingency plans in place and replaced an OC before Mario could finish his colada

Advertisement
This. Mario should be less concerned about recruiting stories coming out and maybe more concerned about hiring an OC already. Supposedly he wants to compete with Clemson and Georgia. Well those programs had contingency plans in place and replaced an OC before Mario could finish his colada

If the contingency plan is Mike Bobo, then that's an awful contingency plan.

He just won back to back natty’s with Stetson Bennett. He don’t care about no O lol
Kirby has now hired 4 OCs in his time at Georgia. 3 of the 4 are basically my worst nightmare of what I'm afraid Mario wants to hire.

Then Monken, who I thought was totally washed up but ended up being a good hire for them. Let them be physically dominant and had just enough stuff in his back pocket to appear innovative.

Kirby has now hired 4 OCs in his time at Georgia. 3 of the 4 are basically my worst nightmare of what I'm afraid Mario wants to hire.

Then Monken, who I thought was totally washed up but ended up being a good hire for them. Let them be physically dominant and had just enough stuff in his back pocket to appear innovative.
It was more of tongue in cheek comment. But the main thing about their last 2 teams, is they overwhelm you with talent (that was my point with the bad joke).

And Monken definitely schemed up some impressive stuff.

Advertisement
BB4C9829-DDE6-4B53-B94E-361956E5B412.jpeg

Mario is sitting in his office absolutely dumbfounded as to why Kirby didn't take the next 2 months to bring in every OC in America on vacation to Athens and to use the opportunity to school his staff on situations and defending a variety of offenses. Then, simultaneously **** off every OC that comes in because they're having to explain their offense to a special class to prove they can coach at Miami.

Missed opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the contingency plan is Mike Bobo, then that's an awful contingency plan.
I agree but somehow they're still gonna put up 35+ and be in the playoff. We just hired the Broyles award winner and had a historically bad offense. They hired a bum and will be in the playoff. Theyre just rolling right now.
The point of my post was not the hire, it was having a plan in place so you're not in limbo for weeks without a coordinator. everyday is a new name and everyday it looks like more and more of a ****show. clearly the long hiring process didnt work last year and for some reason were doing the same thing this year

No positions left to fill. I think McClendon may already have that title as well.

Depending on who their QB is they'll probably breeze through their schedule next year regardless.
Difficult to ***** it up too much. With all that talent, just call any play and let them run it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Average OC's can win you titles with a good D and great talent. UGA can win a title with Bobo. Gattis coached a team to the playoffs. Whatever is role he was the official OC. Arroyo who everyone seem to hate coached a team to a Rose Bowl title and 12-2. We need talent and competence. We dont need Mike Leach RIP to win games. We need competence and talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back