The Bank (5/10)

Crazy how some players get a ton of leeway and grace and others don't. I have seen some talk down on bissainthe but he was true soph last year and seemed like 2nd half of season light started to turn on.. seemed more confident in spring also..

A lb goin into his true junior year with good pt under belt I expect to see the dividends start to pay off right on time..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Appreciate the update as always d some great info. Are you saying no more safety’s or corners from the portal or Ben Robert’s from Oregon as another big body defensive tackle ?
Why do CIS posters get all excited by a guy like Roberts? He's played in 5 games over 2 years at Oregon, and instantly he's a must get for us just because he's over 300 pounds. Proved nothing. We let several guys just like that portal out from us.

Why do CIS posters get all excited by a guy like Roberts? He's played in 5 games over 2 years at Oregon, and instantly he's a must get for us just because he's over 300 pounds. Proved nothing. We let several guys just like that portal out from us.
More competition and we need depth at the nose spot and i believe he and Mario have a relationship that may help us

I'm going to stop beating a dead horse after this post. But we still need another DT and DB.

I'm assuming Mario and Mirabal have settled on Carpenter and the open guard spot. I'm also assuming coaches were initially thinking a second WR because of concerns related to a transfer out that never happened (Ray Ray or Robby). And I haver to hope that the second RB they were considering is no longer necessary because they believe at least one other of the guys can take them to the playoffs if Martinez is unavailable for whatever reason. ... All those spots that at one point being discussed -- IOL, WR, RB -- I understand why we chose not to keep pursuing.

But DT and DB just don't look playoff caliber to me. Really hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
According to Allen Trieu at 247, Campbell moved his OSU official to in season so he can experience their game day atmosphere

There isn't a single DT available in the portal that is playoff caliber. Really slim pickins

Their may be a a couple DB that can improves, but argue maybe 3-4 "playoff caliber" DB tops, and that's definitely a stretch

Advertisement
I'm going to stop beating a dead horse after this post. But we still need another DT and DB.

I'm assuming Mario and Mirabal have settled on Carpenter and the open guard spot. I'm also assuming coaches were initially thinking a second WR because of concerns related to a transfer out that never happened (Ray Ray or Robby). And I haver to hope that the second RB they were considering is no longer necessary because they believe at least one other of the guys can take them to the playoffs if Martinez is unavailable for whatever reason. ... All those spots that at one point being discussed -- IOL, WR, RB -- I understand why we chose not to keep pursuing.

Only need another DT if it was going to be an impact player. There is nobody in portal at DT worth taking.
I think it would be dumb not to get another CB. And clearly we are going for Baron at EDGE.

tmp.gif

^^^ Me wishing we’d dig through the state of TX like we do AL.
(Nothing against AL, they produce ballers too, just saying. Like the Merrit kid too, btw)

Good stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back