2024 TE Camden Jones

Advertisement
A brief scouting report on this:

Camden Jones, 2024 TE, Cal commit (film study): Jones has flashed impressive functional athleticism on both sides of the ball this season for Pasadena (Calif.) Maranatha. In six games, he's caught nine passes for 251 yards and four touchdowns on almost 28 yards per grab, while recording 14 tackles, three for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and eight QB pressures from the defensive edge. Jones' tall, lean build will hold significant mass as he bulks in a college weight training program. He could play either side of the ball, but his past experience in basketball and the big-play knack he's shown this fall suggest his ceiling is likely higher as an offensive weapon. -- Brooks

Guess I’m not allowed to get upset he’s another guy
outside the top 1000. Gonna go watch tape now though before I prematurely complain, but…really? Another guy outside the top 1000?

We’ve got plenty of time to grab a handful more blue chips, but we do have 26 commits already, just offered CJ Bailey…unless we’re expecting some kids to be dropped to make room (I do) or flip, we’re getting close to that 30ish threshold.

This class might end up defining Mario’s tenure in either a fantastic way with great evaluations, or backfiring because of the multiple mid/low 3-stars that end up being minimal impact guys.

A brief scouting report on this:

Camden Jones, 2024 TE, Cal commit (film study): Jones has flashed impressive functional athleticism on both sides of the ball this season for Pasadena (Calif.) Maranatha. In six games, he's caught nine passes for 251 yards and four touchdowns on almost 28 yards per grab, while recording 14 tackles, three for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and eight QB pressures from the defensive edge. Jones' tall, lean build will hold significant mass as he bulks in a college weight training program. He could play either side of the ball, but his past experience in basketball and the big-play knack he's shown this fall suggest his ceiling is likely higher as an offensive weapon. -- Brooks

We need something at TE. Going an entire year without production from that spot is inexcusable.

Whether thats on Dawson or lack of talent is up for debate.

Skinner is a tall slow WR with bad hands it appears.

Williams struggled with catching at times but he is still a super young .

Cam can only block it appears.

Arroyo can’t stay healthy

Who knows what Jackson carver will develop into.

Take Lofton and this kid or a portal TE.

I don’t mind it at all. I honestly think some drops will happens. It’s been reported Thomas doesn’t look like the same athlete. I wouldn’t mind trading his spot with another TE being that we’re adding another DB anyway.

Advertisement
The evaluations this cycle are the definition of insanity. If just 2 guys out of our numerous dudes ranked outside top 1000 hit it’s a miracle. Who the **** would have thought the so called elite recruiter would be bringing in a class with nearly half of the class being ranked outside the top 1,000.

This is a sick joke

outside the top 1000. Gonna go watch tape now though before I prematurely complain, but…really? Another guy outside the top 1000?

We’ve got plenty of time to grab a handful more blue chips, but we do have 26 commits already, just offered CJ Bailey…unless we’re expecting some kids to be dropped to make room (I do) or flip, we’re getting close to that 30ish threshold.

This class might end up defining Mario’s tenure in either a fantastic way with great evaluations, or backfiring because of the multiple mid/low 3-stars that end up being minimal impact guys.
He looks really athletic. These are the type of TEs I thought we would be going after to begin with. Big framed, fluid athletes. Taking guys like Skinner never made sense to me.

The evaluations this cycle are the definition of insanity. If just 2 guys out of our numerous dudes ranked outside top 1000 hit it’s a miracle. Who the **** would have thought the so called elite recruiter would be bringing in a class with nearly half of the class being ranked outside the top 1,000.

This is a sick joke
Did you even watch the kids hudl? Dude can move and there’s plenty of TEs in this area that hit. Chris Herndon ring a bell? How about David Njoku?

Seriously what‘s wrong with some of you? I get complaining about a kid like Judd or even francavilla and Russell but a big dude who can move like that is worth an offer every single time.

Advertisement

Miami does not use TE's He could be outside of the top 1 million. Would not matter.

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

Did you even watch the kids hudl? Dude can move and there’s plenty of TEs in this area that hit. Chris Herndon ring a bell? How about David Njoku?

Seriously what‘s wrong with some of you? I get complaining about a kid like Judd or even francavilla and Russell but a big dude who can move like that is worth an offer every single time.
It’s not pointed to this young man. I guarantee he’s a fine player. It’s the overall optics of this 24 cycle should have everyone holding onto their butts.

Or just assume Zo has cracked the Da Vinci code and recruiting kids ranked outside the top 1000 is the new trend to get you to the promise land.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s not pointed to this young man. I guarantee he’s a fine player. It’s the overall optics of this 24 cycle should have everyone holding onto their butts.

Or just assume Zo has cracked the Davinchi code and recruiting kids ranked outside the top 1000 is the new trend to get you to the promise land.
If he cracked the Davinchi code we are ****ed, now the da Vinci Code is a different story.

Advertisement
I dont see why any TE would want to come here unless they like to only block. Might as well just put in another OL since the TE is only used for blocking

Maybe we don’t use the TE cause we have none skilled enough to produce? I still don’t know how much it’s Dawson verse lack of talent currently.

I don’t mind it at all. I honestly think some drops will happens. It’s been reported Thomas doesn’t look like the same athlete. I wouldn’t mind trading his spot with another TE being that we’re adding another DB anyway.

I don’t even know if many drops will happen. The signing limit is excused still this year isn’t it? We’re probably losing a ton of players so we may as well stack the class and portal additions.

Not gonna lie.. I was skeptical as **** when I saw the offer, rating, and his stats

But I can see the tools. I was questioning his hands because he just looked goofy catching every pass in the highlight then he make a 1 handed grab on the run and doesn't miss a step. Had a nice release and ran a crisp route on a TD, obviously fast and athletic, and put a move in the open field and split defenders without missing a step.

I've seen worse TEs on the field for top 25 programs.

Advertisement
Back