Tatum Bethune

Freeman was at Central but you’re right he didn’t start until his senior year. He was backing up Gainer. But the Freeman creating the FSU pipeline is exaggerated. What created that pipeline was FSU winning a national title and Freeman was on the team. Once Central got the national recruits they were just going to the top school at the time. Once Golden came he was taking some recruits from there that should not have been here in order to get in good graces with the coach.
Facts everyone wanted to play for FSU and florida back then.

Advertisement
Facts everyone wanted to play for FSU and florida back then.

Yea exactly! It was sort of like us in the early 00’s. Everyone wanted to play for UM. Maybe it’s revisionist history but I remember as a kid that if you didn’t get a big 3 offer (in order UM, FSU, UF) then you settled for the Ohio State or Auburn. It’s crazy how recruiting has changed haha.

How many guys are they adding from the portal? Seems like they pick up someone else’s garbage out of there every other day.

Not sure I'd characterize it that way. They seem to keep making nice little pickups, and this appears to be another. And even with some setbacks on signing day, still a pretty good class. For all they're not, some strides are being made to be competitive.

Not sure I'd characterize it that way. They seem to keep making nice little pickups, and this appears to be another. And even with some setbacks on signing day, still a pretty good class. For all they're not, some strides are being made to be competitive.
There is no place for realism on this board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back