Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know. But I saw a pretty boring Michigan team win it all. Then again USC has an exciting and flashy 8-5 offense. I don't care how exciting it looks. Just win games.
I’m not disagreeing, just admitting how painful it is

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
Worst post of the year. FYI - every team that went after ward quote swung and miss. SMDH, cant fix stupid.

Worst post of the year. FYI - every team that went after ward quote swung and miss. SMDH, cant fix stupid.

What in the actual ****?

Yes, nobody got Ward. But the actual swing-and-miss was about getting a TOP quarterback ready to start NOW. Because Ward was the guy Mario hyper-focused on, the timing on the whiff is when Ward says "no", but we also did not get Howard or anyone else.

This is like a strikeout. Three (or more) whiffs and now we have to wallk back to the dugout.

Advertisement
we whiffed on getting a starting QB
Did we, though?

1704917759456.jpeg

Advertisement
I know it's over, but was looking at 2024 & 2025 mock drafts.... wtf is Cam doing? Not even a Miami thing, kid should really try to get a big NIL bag somewhere. He's currently rated the 12th best QB. Next year he could be the 5th or better.

What in the actual ****?

Yes, nobody got Ward. But the actual swing-and-miss was about getting a TOP quarterback ready to start NOW. Because Ward was the guy Mario hyper-focused on, the timing on the whiff is when Ward says "no", but we also did not get Howard or anyone else.

This is like a strikeout. Three (or more) whiffs and now we have to wallk back to the dugout.
Agree on the starting Qb swing and miss, but this guy was calling out our not getting Ward. Words matter.

Advertisement
One knee from 8-4 for sure. And a QB away from 10-2.

Competent coaching from 10 wins…

We were winning the Rutgers game… he puckered up again and we lost the game…

The difference in the couple plays away discussion for us is that it’s usually ****, if that one play goes our way we win vs if our coaching decisions and philosophy put us at a disadvantage every game and we overcome that, we win.

Adapt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back