Durable Goods Orders ex Transportation(Mar)0.3% 1.58-0.2%-0.3%
Nondefense Capital Goods Orders ex Aircraft(Mar)-0.4% -1.920.2%-0.7%
Wholesale Inventories(Mar) PREL 0.1% -0.290.2%0.1%
strong durable goods #’s
personal consumption #’s Friday

Last edited:
Advertisement
Consumer is still spending

Which is bad.......P&G is raising prices, so is MCD, so is Chipotle, etc. etc. So the Fed is going to keep raising. Unless the bank crisis gets much worse, you are looking at more hikes.

Which is bad.......P&G is raising prices, so is MCD, so is Chipotle, etc. etc. So the Fed is going to keep raising. Unless the bank crisis gets much worse, you are looking at more hikes.
Powell, today, wouldn’t say he will pause at the next meeting, so we are looking at another 25 raise.
P&G also boosted its profit, so some of the hike is because of strong demand. The same with MCD.
Im just being argumentative….lol

Last edited:
Gross Domestic Product Annualized(Q1) PREL TRADE NOW1.1% -4.042%2.6%
Initial Jobless Claims(Apr 21)230K-248K246K
Economy is slowing..jobs still strong
META exploding
Dollar weakening

Last edited:
Advertisement
Powell isn’t allowed to comment as the FED has a dark time before the fomc meeting.

Expect.25 and another in June unless banks fail which I expect

My concern dating back to 2021 is stagflation....in the beginning it was just something to think about, but as the economy slows down but consumers keep spending, the probability of it happening keeps creeping up.

Not Volcker era bad, but enough to keep the Fed from cutting, or even forcing them to increase a bit more from here.

Powell isn’t allowed to comment as the FED has a dark time before the fomc meeting.

Expect.25 and another in June unless banks fail which I expect
We are seeing both consumers and businesses starting to cut spending. What Powell may not understand is that once companies raise prices, it’s take much longer for price cuts. We are already seeing a credit crunch. We are already seeing economic growth slowing. Unfortunately the Fed believes that only mass unemployment is the answer.
I may be wrong, but this is a recipe for stagflation.

Last edited:
We are seeing both consumers and businesses starting to cut spending. What Powell may not understand is that once companies raise prices, it’s take much longer for price cuts. We are already seeing a credit crunch. We are already seeing economic growth slowing. Unfortunately the Fed believes that only mass unemployment is the answer.
I may be wrong, but this is a recipe for stagflation.
Quite possibly. Pausing in May and June would give time to see the economic trajectory. Observe what prices are this summer versus last summer in the wake of no rate changes.

Advertisement
07:30USDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.3% 00.3%0.3%

07:30USDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (YoY)(Mar)4.6% -4.5%4.6%
07:30USDEmployment Cost Index(Q1)1.2% -1.1%1%
07:30USDPersonal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.1% -0.3%0.3%
07:30USDPersonal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (YoY)(Mar)4.2% -4.6%5.1%
07:30USDPersonal Income (MoM)(Mar)0.3% -0.2%0.3%
07:30USDPersonal Spending(Mar)0% --0.1%0.2%

Advertisement
Super Mario Dancing GIF

Go CMCSA! Look at what a dividend can do for investors, right DIS? 😒

100% will get worse not better. The mechanics and fundamentals point to more failures until the rates drop OR Congress bails out banks. This is the third time in history that inflation is high while money is actually getting pulled out of the system. I almost wish the FED would raise rates 1pt to force the mark to market for banks, market corrections, then drop rates sooner assuming inflation gets under control. Sadly, the process will be much longer.

Advertisement
Back