Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Social issues are the governments purview, not private companies, whose main objective is to maximize shareholder value. For example, Amazon has announced that despite being in the process of laying off thousands of employees, they will be paying up to $4,000 for employees to fly out of state for abortions. They are going to get sued by shareholders, and they will lose.
I'm not too keen on the government being involved in social issues either....

Advertisement
One of the key lessons taught in Business 101 is to not **** off a potential customer. When getting involved in politics corporations run the risk of alienating one side or the other.

I have family in Sugarland. I’m sorry that this has become political, but McDonalds is closing 800 stores in Russia.
So, the answer is that you don’t live there, but since you have family in Sugarland you’re sure that Texas infrastructure is a mess.

Maybe you live in Russia. That’s the only logical reason I can think of for including the part about McDonalds. It would also explain why you don’t really know what you’re talking about when it comes to Texas, too.

Advertisement
So, the answer is that you don’t live there, but since you have family in Sugarland you’re sure that Texas infrastructure is a mess.

Maybe you live in Russia. That’s the only logical reason I can think of for including the part about McDonalds. It would also explain why you don’t really know what you’re talking about when it comes to Texas, too.
Have you seen the Alamo? Dilapidated.

I got hammered. I bought a lot very, very low as you know, and have been taking some off the table here and there, especially in the three figures. But I definitely lost some manor paper gains. Ce la vie.

As bad as the money, I really, really believed in the mission. I thought, and still think its important. Decentralized money. Think about people in Venezuela, Russia, the middle east, even Argentina where they've had massive devaluations. Where the government seizes your bank accounts because you protested something, or made an artistic statement. And the tech... my god. Some of the protocols were stunning. Next level UI/UX. One of the greatest collection of builders that has ever been assembled. I can't wait to see what some of these people do next.
Do Kwon has an option to fork the network and LUNA holders will receive an airdrop of the new token. He talks about it on his twitter. UST stable coin won't be a part of the new network though which leads me to wonder why even fork the network at all? The LFG minted 6+ trillion tokens and diluted the market further harming the downward spiral that investors already faced. Now the make a new token out of thin air and get rich off of it again? Seems like a way for them to regain their losses at the expense of the old luna holders.

Do Kwon has an option to fork the network and LUNA holders will receive an airdrop of the new token. He talks about it on his twitter. UST stable coin won't be a part of the new network though which leads me to wonder why even fork the network at all? The LFG minted 6+ trillion tokens and diluted the market further harming the downward spiral that investors already faced. Now the make a new token out of thin air and get rich off of it again? Seems like a way for them to regain their losses at the expense of the old luna holders.

I don't think they are going to make any money from it. From what I understand they would exclude the LFG wallet from the airdrop. They would also turn the project completely over to the community and bow out. As far as personal holdings, good question. And will it even be valued much by the market?

But its certainly controversial, and certainly a ****show right now. Many just want them to burn the crap out of existing LUNA and maintain the coin.

I'm less than impressed by Do's communication through this process. I'd expect some lawsuits, though jurisdiction could get sticky.

Advertisement
MULN - Mullen Automotive -- Releases Prelim Results Q2

Positive Cash on Hand from share issuance - $65 million cash on hand now
Reduced Debt
Increased Assets - Over $100 million now
Reduced Tax Liabilities - Down from $4.2M to $2.8M

Reservations for MULLEN FIVE have more than doubled.

Financials were released today. Confirmed all of the above. Don't know if they are doing a ER PR or not.

Upcoming catalysts still include results of battery testing, Federal DOE loan, and F500 van order.

3 nice days of gains in a row. Hope to keep some momentum going into the rest of the week.

Not sure what you're trying to say here?
Why dont you look up what the SCOTUS had to say about "citizens united" the conservative group who pushed to remove limitations on corporate election spending. Their argument was that limiting spending was akin to limiting free speech. Which is hilarious because when the corporation speaks out like disney did they freak the **** out.

Morale of the story is they want everyones money and everyones silence.

Last edited:

Last winter Texas was hit with snow and ice, not uncommon. The whole electrical grid went down and people died.
You don’t remember that????

Advertisement
Everyone knows the Fed is trying to slow the economy plus we had double digit gains last year. Yet today with Walmarts earning report, investors keep selling on downward future earnings. We also know there are supply shortages. The interest rate hikes should be baked in. I’ve bought a lot of homes over the years and a 5% 30 year loan is still cheap.
Just saying. Today looks like a good day, even for big tech. GLTA.

Advertisement
I don't think they are going to make any money from it. From what I understand they would exclude the LFG wallet from the airdrop. They would also turn the project completely over to the community and bow out. As far as personal holdings, good question. And will it even be valued much by the market?

But its certainly controversial, and certainly a ****show right now. Many just want them to burn the crap out of existing LUNA and maintain the coin.

I'm less than impressed by Do's communication through this process. I'd expect some lawsuits, though jurisdiction could get sticky.

Do has been largely silent throughout the whole collapse save for some tweets that sound like legal team filtered speech.
Without the stablecoin in the new network, the purpose of Luna then becomes a governance token and the gas for the network? Unless they have a fresh idea, Luna doesn't offer many differences to ETH and a lot of the success could hinge on how successful the ETH 2.0 rollout is later this year. If ETH's swap to proof of stake is successful and fees drop (I don't think they will drop to BSC or Polygon levels), then it will become very hard for networks to offer something that outdoes ETH.

Edit: I wish they would burn the excess Luna. They helped extrapolate the problem with all of the extra Luna minting instead of halting the algorithm while they worked on a fix. I wished I'd gotten into Luna last year and I'm not going to lie, I bought at 10, 4, 1, and less than a dollar while hoping to help get things fixed and got hurt each time.

Last edited:
JP speaks @ 2:00 PM ET... if he sounds even sorta positive it should be a good day. if he hedges or is uncertaion then we go down....

Why dont you look up what the SCOTUS had to say about "citizens united" the conservative group who pushed to remove limitations on corporate election spending. Their argument was that limiting spending was akin to limiting free speech. Which is hilarious because when the corporation speaks out like disney did they freak the **** out.

Morale of the story is they want everyones money and everyones silence.
I hear you.

When I go into Mcdonalds, I don't want to see that they are a proud supporter of the NRA or abortion rights; or, any other political cause.

Advertisement
Back