Steve Adazzio

Advertisement
I remember right around the hiring of Golden I went over to a Temple board to talk and learn about him. They seemed to appreciate how Golden put them on the right track but they were in love with Addazio. They thought he was what they needed to finish the product. They thought the defense he implemented was "a breath of fresh air" compared to what Golden/D had there. There wasn't a person on the board that didn't think he was an upgrade schematically. I found this interesting coming from a fan base that hadn't experienced any bit of success pre-Golden.

Addazio did regress by a lot in his second year at Temple and I thought at the time it was very well a product of another year away from superior organization and development from Golden. I don't think it's clear whether Addazio's a solid game day planner/X and O guy capable of making an upset or if he's able to organize and build a solid program for the long hall. There's no evidence anywhere to suggest he can. Our next hire needs to be more sure fire because another bad coaching hire could put the program to bed for good.

Advertisement
Back