States that have produced the most draft picks over the past 10 years

NONE OF THESE STATES HAVE THE ELDERLY POPULATION OR IMMIGRANT POPULATION THAT FLORIDA HAS.
tHATS WHY SAYING LESS THAN 1/2 THE POPULATION DOESNT MEAN AS MUCH
This is a valid point re: "adjusted football playing population."

Advertisement
nah LA blows away FL in per capita.

GA also. 2/3 the draft picks with less than 1/2 of FL population
Now take the immediate area where Miami is.
Compare per capita Louisiana to Broward, Dade, and PB counties.
Why? because northern Florida and the panhandle are 350-500 miles away from Coral Gables.

Compare the number of high school students to number of draft picks to Louisiana and the tri-county area..
You don't have to...i already did.
With approximately the same amount of students, south Florida blows away Louisiana,

Of all the kids who participate in high school football, Florida has the highest percentage of players being recruited by D1's.

So that might settle the per capita argument.

1000024914.jpg

1 in 104 is pretty absurd actually.

And even though Georgia has half the population of Florida, we only have roughly 8,000 more kids playing football. Kinda goes back to what we said about our large elderly and immigrant population.

Of all the kids who participate in high school football, Florida has the highest percentage of players being recruited by D1's.

View attachment 287809

And even though Georgia has half the population of Florida, we only have roughly 8,000 more kids playing football. Kinda goes back to what we said about our large elderly and immigrant population.
Game.
Set.
Match.

Advertisement
Imagine if Florida high schools had the coaching and facilities that Texas players have? Florida players benefit so much from college coaching and training. A lot of these other states produce high school kids who have already peaked. They often don’t get better.
My high school in the early 2000s ended up with 2 nfl draft picks in the first 2 rounds.
(almost could count 3 if JBeason would of stayed)....

Our off szn conditioning program consist of our hc telling us to get a gym membership at the la fitness.

This is how raw we were i was a OT...ALl county player....with offers went fcs i promise you i benched no more than 235 pounds and i didnt power clean ever until i got to college.

This is typical in s.fla....we were pretty good and a tough out for 3 out of my 4 years there....so wasnt a rinky dink program lol

My high school in the early 2000s ended up with 2 nfl draft picks in the first 2 rounds.
(almost could count 3 if JBeason would of stayed)....

Our off szn conditioning program consist of our hc telling us to get a gym membership at the la fitness.

This is how raw we were i was a OT...ALl county player....with offers went fcs i promise you i benched no more than 235 pounds and i didnt power clean ever until i got to college.

This is typical in s.fla....we were pretty good and a tough out for 3 out of my 4 years there....so wasnt a rinky dink program lol
I didn't know Big Beas transferred.

View attachment 287809

I wonder how this would change if you cut Cali in half north vs south. I feel south prob produces like 2x as much. North has bay area and sac, but not much. SoCal has waaay more.

View attachment 287809

This is probably the best way to determine the answer because it eliminates population variables. A vast percentage of the people who live in Florida are either retirees or adults who moved here long after they completed high school so using a per capita type of measure actually hurts our numbers and is more biased towards states that don’t have adults flooding to long after their football playing days have ended. If you’re going strictly on the number of kids actually in high school football in the state, it’s not even an argument.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't know Big Beas transferred.
Chaminade got their run with mostly mcarthur kids. It was guys that were rotation or younger.

Jon went there because his older bro trasnferred out of mca who was a rotational db. He went div 1 from chaminade as well we had alot of dbs in those years though at the school it wa s the Bryant Mcfadden era. I think in 5 str8 years we sent dbs div 1

Advertisement
Miamis highest ranked Florida kids per 247. Wasn’t sure what exact classes were most pertinent here since the 2021 class is entering the draft this year but can post other years as well pretty easily

2014 - #3 Chad Thomas, #9 McDermott
2015 - #13 Mark Walton, #27 Jaquan Johnson
2016 - #13 Ahmmon Richards, #21 McCloud
2017 - #13 Donaldson, #24 Garvin
2018 - #5,6,7 Silvera, Pope, Lingard
2019 - #10 Jeremiah Payton, #16 Keonatra Smith
2020 - #12 Chaney, #13 Chantz Williams
Just brutal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back