States that have produced the most draft picks over the past 10 years

Advertisement
Almost the entire states getting gentrified rapidly. Interesting to see the inevitable shift going forward

UM has essentially become the guy that cant get laid in a whorehouse..

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miamis highest ranked Florida kids per 247. Wasn’t sure what exact classes were most pertinent here since the 2021 class is entering the draft this year but can post other years as well pretty easily

2014 - #3 Chad Thomas, #9 McDermott
2015 - #13 Mark Walton, #27 Jaquan Johnson
2016 - #13 Ahmmon Richards, #21 McCloud
2017 - #13 Donaldson, #24 Garvin
2018 - #5,6,7 Silvera, Pope, Lingard
2019 - #10 Jeremiah Payton, #16 Keonatra Smith
2020 - #12 Chaney, #13 Chantz Williams

Do they have draft picks per capita /for every 100000 people by state, too?

Not doubting how great Florida is with the NFL but would be nice to know how it shifts by certain regions (versus large states having more and smaller states naturally having less).

Advertisement
Florida has the 3rd largest immigrant population in the country and the second largest population of elderly. (average age in Florida is 43, second highest in the country)

I don't know how this effects the stats, but make it fit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Just by example, using a quick lazy look up by me, the latest stats that I found show Texas having a population of roughly 30 million, and Florida is about 22 million. Note that Florida is number one in terms of numbers by a good amount over Texas (#2).

Now, @Coach Macho brought up some good points regarding aged population, which obviously are not in the mix for possible football talent.

I don’t think there’s any question that whether you look at total numbers or per capita, it’s not even close, especially when you factor “eligible“ population, remember, we got a ton of old people in the state, way more than any of these other states that may be high in per capita number. Now, maybe some smaller states like Louisiana or Georgia might be close. But Florida still leads I would bet.

I don’t have time to crunch the numbers, but I would bet that we are far ahead whether it’s per capita and obviously we are in total numbers.

It's confusing to me that people find this difficult to explain. Larry Coker. Randy Shannon Al Golden. Nevin Shapiro. Blake James. Mystery solved.
This is just the last 10 years. Basically just the tail end of Golden, Richt, Manny, and Mario.

These numbers seem crazy.
Florida is putting 32 kids per year in the draft? That's about 15% of all players drafted every year (224).

It also means that almost 50% of all players drafted every year come from those 4 states.

Miamis highest ranked Florida kids per 247. Wasn’t sure what exact classes were most pertinent here since the 2021 class is entering the draft this year but can post other years as well pretty easily

2014 - #3 Chad Thomas, #9 McDermott
2015 - #13 Mark Walton, #27 Jaquan Johnson
2016 - #13 Ahmmon Richards, #21 McCloud
2017 - #13 Donaldson, #24 Garvin
2018 - #5,6,7 Silvera, Pope, Lingard
2019 - #10 Jeremiah Payton, #16 Keonatra Smith
2020 - #12 Chaney, #13 Chantz Williams
Keontra Smith….i just threw up

Almost the entire states getting gentrified rapidly. Interesting to see the inevitable shift going forward
What does gentrify have to do with anything.

We been a retirement state for eons and still produce the way we do.

Nothing has changed..the best youth ball is played in south florida and the state of florida in the country and the parks are atill jampacked in south florida with 5 and 6 year olds in pads

Advertisement
Back