Spring Spring PractiSe #9- Saturday March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
An insider on 247 gave updates. Honestly nothing really game changing just same postive updates we have been seeing.

- Passing Offense and Cam Ward look elite
-Popo and WB flashed
-Jadais Richards continues to impress
-Scrimmage was practicing 2 min drill, 4th downs, redzone, etc.

Would love to get a better insight into how the D line and O lines are performing. Everything else seems like its not going to change much barring injuries.

Advertisement
I’ve got the update.

Ward: 22/22, 467 yards, 6 TDs 0 INT.
Poff: 15/15, 303 yards, 3 TDs 0 INT
Citizen: 8 carries for 350 yards, 4 TDs and Barry Sanders called him afterwards

Lofton: 6 receptions for 263 yards while carrying a 45 lb plate strapped to his back, 2 TDs. Also 4 Carries for 134 yards hopping on one leg to make it more challenging

Restrepo: 7 catches for 342 yards (all of them one handers), 3 TDs

George: 6 catches for 166 yards, 1 TD and 2 fights

Horton: allegedly morphed into Anquan Boldin at the LOS before each route, 8 catches for 203 yards and 3 TDs while running his routes backwards

Jadais Richard had 7 pass breakups while holding both hands behind his back

Lou Cristobal had 8 pancakes at the LOS

Who Are You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
lol literally a nobody. I was just out at practice today.

An insider on 247 gave updates. Honestly nothing really game changing just same postive updates we have been seeing.

- Passing Offense and Cam Ward look elite
-Popo and WB flashed
-Jadais Richards continues to impress
-Scrimmage was practicing 2 min drill, 4th downs, redzone, etc.

Would love to get a better insight into how the D line and O lines are performing. Everything else seems like its not going to change much barring injuries.
Thought the OL did a better job run blocking today than pass pro overall. They both had their moments. The buzz on Lofton is legit. He’s really good. Ny Carr had some nice plays too before the full scrimmage. Thought DBs were OK. Damari is progressing and “sticky” on his receivers.

Advertisement
I’ve got the update.

Lofton: 6 receptions for 263 yards while carrying a 45 lb plate strapped to his back, 2 TDs. Also 4 Carries for 134 yards hopping on one leg to make it more challenging

Horton: allegedly morphed into Anquan Boldin at the LOS before each route, 8 catches for 203 yards and 3 TDs while running his routes backwards

Lies No GIF

Thought the OL did a better job run blocking today than pass pro overall. They both had their moments. The buzz on Lofton is legit. He’s really good. Ny Carr had some nice plays too before the full scrimmage. Thought DBs were OK. Damari is progressing and “sticky” on his receivers.
Thanks for the insights!

Whats your opinions on
1. Carpenter our new center (I know flo hates the guy and thinks he has been lacking)
2. The DTs/interior D line
3. The safeties

I’ve got the update.

Basically

Advertisement
If Lofton started out as RB1, that’s a horrible sign.

And nothing against him as a player, if he’s making plays then awesome. It’s more directed at the actual RB room.
Later in the scrimmage Chris Johnson caught a bomb from Cam Ward.

They’re all rotating wouldn’t read into it too much

Later in the scrimmage Chris Johnson caught a bomb from Cam Ward.

They’re all rotating wouldn’t read into it too much
Who’s got the updates? Not a peep on Twitter, just 247 guys?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks for the insights!

Whats your opinions on
1. Carpenter our new center (I know flo hates the guy and thinks he has been lacking)
2. The DTs/interior D line
3. The safeties
This is the only practice I’ve been to this spring tbh. Don’t think it would be fair to judge carpenter too much based on what I saw. DL looked very active and got good pressure with 4 mainly. Wes def looks bigger and faster from the team period I saw. Safeties are a work in progress. The QBs and receivers are making them earn it for sure. I think once they get more reps they will be OK.

If Lofton started out as RB1, that’s a horrible sign.

And nothing against him as a player, if he’s making plays then awesome. It’s more directed at the actual RB room.
Don’t read too much into the rotation there. CJJ got a bunch of reps there with the 1s too. Just thin there atm. Also, Lofton is going to be on the field, A LOT. So get him reps however you can right now while there isn’t a bottle neck for them.

I’ve got the update.

Add Myles MooYoung with 2 int’s with the chopsticks he was using to eat his ramen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back