Official Spring PractiSe #6 (including Scrimmage #1): Saturday 3-25-2023

For me seeing don I don't see the power. I just see him as a consistent runner with good vision who's a home run threat. He's a lil dude also so you'd want a bruiser if possible to change up pace

Well, I mean his size is going to affect his power to a certain extent. Dude just isn’t that big. It’s not possible for his body type I don’t think. But he has the big heart though. I’m glad he’s here, because you never know.

Edit: you’re talking about Chaney - I was referring to Parrish.

Advertisement

C908FDCF-6CA6-46C7-A2E4-9E2D39B3E971.gif

All this talk about citizen and his knee. Let's not forget how long it took Willis to get back on the field. just food for thought.

Oof. .... You remind me of me 20 years ago with the Kool Aid. I've added my comments in red.
Ooof.. you remind me of me 20 years ago,..when i didn’t read things all the way through…. MackMiller’s post ends with him saying this was from a high school coach who watched the scrimmage.

Advertisement
Some of my takeaways

I love the new coaches. They are definitely excited to be at UM. Coach Guidry told me even thou he is from Louisiana he never wanted to coach in the SEC. UM was the only DC job he was really coveting. He feels with the type of athletes he can recruit at UM that his defense is going to be elite. His energy is infectious. The defense is going to be fun to watch this year. He does a great job disguising what he is doing. Alot of movement. He is not afraid to blitz and we will see alot of mixed coverage

I know David is not confident or comfortable with the CB group but they looked good on Saturday. Brown and Porter did a great job in coverage. Couch and graves made some plays but they need to be more consistent. We definitely need more depth. The safeties are going to be counted on to make alot of plays in this defense. They will line up all over the field. Kitchens and Markeith looked good on Saturday. Harris is going to be good at safety once he gets comfortabl

The Dline is going to be the strength of the defense. Once all the injured players come back it’s going to be a feeding frenzy. Dline is not going to be asked to just take on blocks. A lot of slanting and twistin

The LBs looked good overall. Super aggressive and they will be blitzing a ton. I didn’t see a lot of missed tackles. Francisco, K4, Wesley and Flagg was flying around making play

Coach Dawson is going to run a balance offense. He loves using the TE’s. After meeting him you can tell he is a players coach. The offense is going to generate a lot of explosive plays. We are going to run the ball and TVD is going to have a big year if he stays healt

The Oline improvements are night and day. The line is big and athletic. They do a good job of communicating. Going to need to stay healthy. The depth is not grea

Definitely need depth at RB. Chaney and Parrish made some plays. Chaney had a scary moment when he got tackled from behind on a play he fumbled. He limped off the field, but came back in later and had like a 25 yd TD ru

The WR group is definitely going to be a strength on the team. Coach Beard is going to have these guys ready to play. They will definitely be technically and fundamentally sound. Young is going to have a big year. TVD and him have great chemistry. Horton has gotten bigger and he runs great routes. Jacoby is going to have a break out year. He just needs to be more consistent. X is going to lead the team in catches. He is so smooth in and out his rout

All the TE’s looked good. The young Pups are definitely talented. They will be asked to block in the run game. They will be TVD’s security blanke

The structure and pace of practice was awesome!! The transition from period to period is fast with no wasted time. The energy of the coaches during practice is insan

The team looked noticeably bigger!!

From a High School football coach who said he watched the scrimmage.
Not if, but WHEN we turn on Guidry this upcoming season, I am formally trademarking and copyrighting the name "Gumbeaux Manny"*.

*also includes "Gumbeaux Manuela". 2023 All Rights Reserved.

UPDATE: My attorneys have also filed to protect my IP of "Dumbeaux Manny/Manuela"

Last edited:
Not if, but WHEN we turn on Guidry this upcoming season, I am formally trademarking and copyrighting the name "Gumbeaux Manny"*.

*also includes "Gumbeaux Manuela". 2023 All Rights Reserved.

I reallllly hope you're wrong.

Ooof.. you remind me of me 20 years ago,..when i didn’t read things all the way through…. MackMiller’s post ends with him saying this was from a high school coach who watched the scrimmage.

Good catch, RC. Apologies, Mack. ... Everything I replied still holds true for the coach you quoted.

Go watch the highlights of his time playing before the injury in the bowl game. He was running over people consistently. While Knighton and sometimes Parish seem to go down the moment they hit contact.

Chaney is just bigger and faster. Hopefully his injuries are past him and he can really show out this year.

All three RBs are 5'10" but Chaney is 215 pounds while the other two were 190 pounds. Chaney was much faster at a 10.77 and has been the fastest on the team. Parrish 11.09 and Knighton was 11.28. Citizen is 6'1" 225 11.31. Chris Johnson will show up the fastest at 10.45 HS junior time. Hopefully Johnson will knock down a few tenths his senior track season.

Advertisement
Dennis and the tight end.

Cam McCormick committed to UO prior to Mario. Don’t recall Jonathan Dennis being injured vs. limited PT at UO, but could be wrong.

Edit: Saw Mario was very vague about an injury Dennis had in 2022 & said he’ll be out indefinitely, but that injury was never specified or addressed compared to others.

Send that to the guy who said his legs are skinny. He’s one of the best run defending edge players in the NFL. Before his high ankle sprain, he was playing at a pro bowl level, skinny legs and all.

Advertisement
UM football is still a massive bargain compared to every single one of our rivals. MASSIVE. And it will be again, this year, Go see how much your seats cost at 6-7, two losing seasons in a row UF, and oh, make sure you include the amount of their mandatory donations. If you want a competitive product, you need to support it. The AD is a non-profit entity that needs to make ends meet and balance their budget.

You want them to put their best foot forward first? They have and they are. We stole Clemson's AD (multi-million dollar contract), Oregon's Pac-12 and Rose Bowl winning HC ($80M contract), raised the staff and support budget to #1 in the ACC, and are building a $200M football facility.

Your ticket price isn't based on last season's win total. If you need some sort of non-sensical measuring stick, then just tell yourself you're paying based on the top 10 recruiting class we just landed. :)

We are not a program in crisis, anymore. The administration has made the commitment. We are building.
Does Hans Zimmer do the soundtracks for your porsts?

Cam McCormick committed to UO prior to Mario. Don’t recall Jonathan Dennis being injured vs. limited PT at UO, but could be wrong.

Edit: Saw Mario was very vague about an injury Dennis had in 2022 & said he’ll be out indefinitely, but that injury was never specified or addressed compared to others.
Dennis got hurt in fall camp of 21 at Oregon and Cristobal said he would miss significant time.
Cam has been banged up since he was a senior in high school when he tore his acl. He then broke his leg and also tore an ankle ligament.
He was scheduled to come back but he had complications from his surgery.

Mario contacted Bob Anderson in Green Bay to fix the issue for Cam and he was playing again. Anderson has operated on a lot of high profile athletes including Derek Jeter, Steph Curry and Van Jefferson.
Unfortunately he then tore his Achilles. His story is actually a remarkable tale of perseverance.

Last edited:
Agree.

Parrish is a nice player and has a niche / role but he can’t be the lead guy. By midseason he was wore down to nothing and finally broke. As of today I won’t even put Citizen in the depth conversation but we’ll add a quality rb via the portal to go with DC, Parrish and Fletcher. But Don has to stay healthy.

Nice compliments from Mario today... maybe he's taking a step.

Cristobal pointed to RB Henry Parrish as a guy who “really stands out.” “Man, he’s different right now,” Cristobal said. “I felt like last year he just kind of bogged down, got nicked up, banged up. We were a little bit deficient up front and it affected him. That guy is determined to have a great season and great team. He’s getting downhill and be able to bounce up like I haven’t seen him be able to do. … And he’s catching the ball really well.”

Advertisement
Nice compliments from Mario today... maybe he's taking a step.

Cristobal pointed to RB Henry Parrish as a guy who “really stands out.” “Man, he’s different right now,” Cristobal said. “I felt like last year he just kind of bogged down, got nicked up, banged up. We were a little bit deficient up front and it affected him. That guy is determined to have a great season and great team. He’s getting downhill and be able to bounce up like I haven’t seen him be able to do. … And he’s catching the ball really well.”
I like him a lot as a player but last year he was forced to be something he’s not. The plan was to have a committee and guys have roles. He ended up being the committee.

Was told they’ll add a RB in the portal who can push to start.

Then another person who has shown to be reliable told me they’ll add a RB.

It’s a must that they get a productive RB at this point.

If Keyshawn King from VA Tech is still available i would take him honestly

Advertisement
Back