Official Spring PractiSe #4: Tuesday, March 21

Sucks cause whatever is in there that's what's in there. Sometimes u basically picking off the dollar menu no matter what. It's why HS recruiting is way more important. Get the studs then so u don't have to go searching. But our roster been so bad that u have no choice at this point.
We also haven't gotten guys like Stevenson and Phillips the last year+.

Advertisement
We also haven't gotten guys like Stevenson and Phillips the last year+.
Other elites been diving in the portal only for elite talent so it's mostly gone. Addison Gibbs etc. Those are the difference makers. To me that's the time u go in..... pause. Cohen was legit u take that transfer 100 times.

Do I need to start mentally preparing for a sub-.500 season?
****-no-steve-harvey.gif

As long as I see continued improvement and the relentless recruiting by Mario and staff im confident in his goals for the program. In the dynasty years we had explosiveness on the bench and we couldn’t wait for the next year. I don’t see any of that yet. I think our record will be better this coming season barring injuries. Mario is a hard worker and we might need more than 2 years. Resurrecting a program which has been comatose with a DNR for decades isn’t an easy task.

Advertisement
On top of what else has been said in here about last year’s team… I saw a team that was built to finesse wins who were asked to now be physical and they weren’t built mentally or physically to be as such and we saw the result of that.

It was a different coaching mentality and expectation of them and it was obvious there wasn’t buy in across the board.

The offensive play calling did no favors in the deficiencies already present because that roster lacked a physical mindset. They were flat out asked to be something they were not and in a few individual cases didn’t want to be… and we got our sh*t pushed in.

So if we continued with the previous mindset or like some pointed out “Manny would’ve won more games last season”. I wouldn’t argue against that.

The jury is still out on Mario but what I saw was him trying to construct a mindset to take this team into the CFP. Manny’s ceiling was 9-10 wins at best. Mario clearly has his sights higher.

Advertisement
You're vastly overrating the value of two undrafted wide receivers and an undrafted running back. Do you think those guys can't be easily replaced? those guys put up numbers because they played in a system that allowed them to. There's a reason why one of them is an XFL backup and the other doesn't even play football. Do you believe that Van Dyke also just forgot how to play quarterback last year or was it the possible that the previous system made it easy for him to put up huge numbers? Watch the receivers who couldn't play last year put up big numbers this year.

Miami went 5-7 last year because Mario hired a truly horrible coaching staff that crapped the bed in every way possible. He got a mulligan and replaced a ton of those terrible coaches. Now we should expect a significant improvement.

You keep harping on their professional careers because that irrelevant concept is all you have. And no, I am not "vastly overrating" anything. I am actually given you their exact production. I am not "rating" them at all, their production and achievements speak for themselves. You are the one trying to denigrate their accomplishments, tear down some Canes, baselessly and speculatively.

Do you really need me to give you a list of dominant former UM players who led us to championships but didn't have the traits that they needed for NFL success? Some of our most popular and impactful players ever. First team All-Americans. National Champions. Tackling machines. Dominant receivers. A Heisman Trophy winner.

Just stop, my dude. 2244 yards from scrimmage and 18 TD's walked out that door, 5+ UM offensive records, with nothing behind them. The reason those guys got the ball so much is there was no one else on the roster worth throwing to.

And don't move the goalposts, I never, ever defended Mario's staff last year. Not even through associative implication. That's a lazy and lame effort by you, and it won't pass.

Stop sucking up to your boy Manny. He would have screwed the pooch even worse last year and been out after 6 games. This 2022 team was in real roster trouble, even before all the injuries that sent us spiraling even worse. Neither Manny's horrible staff without Lashlee or Mario's horrible 2022 staff was going to save it. This is a re-build, in every possible way.

Last edited:
You keep harping on their professional careers because that irrelevant concept is all you have. And no, I am not "vastly overrating" anything. I am actually given you their exact production. I am not "rating" them at all, their production and achievements speak for themselves. You are the one trying to denigrate their accomplishments, tear down some Canes, baselessly and speculatively.

Do you really need me to give you a list of dominant former UM players who led us to championships but didn't have the traits that they needed for NFL success? Some of our most popular and impactful players ever. First team All-Americans. National Champions.Tackling machines. Dominant receivers. A Heisman Trophy winner.

Just stop, my dude. 2244 yards from scrimmage and 18 TD's walked out that door, 5+ UM offensive records, with nothing behind them. The reason those guys got the ball so much is there was no one else on the roster worth throwing to.

And don't move the goalposts, I never, ever defended Mario's staff last year. Not even through associative implication. That's a lazy and lame effort by you, and it won't pass.

Stop sucking up to your boy Manny. He would have screwed the pooch even worse last year and been out after 6 games. This 2022 team was in real roster trouble, even before all the injuries that sent us spiraling even worse. Neither Manny's horrible staff without Lashlee or Mario's horrible 2022 staff was going to save it. This is a re-build, in every possible way.
Would you consider Charleston Rambo one of the best receivers in UM history? Is he top 10? Even top twenty? How about Mike Harley? Is he the greatest UM receiver ever? I mean he caught more passes than anyone ever at UM. Neither of those guys was some kind of special talent. They were solid players who had the luxury of playing in a system that maximized their opportunities. If these guys were special talents and not the product of the system, they would have NFL careers. Besides do you really see the argument your making? Two wide receivers were the difference between a 7-5 team that was competitive against every one besides Alabama and a 5-7 team that got blown out by Middle Tennessee, Duke, Pitt, FSU and anyone with a pulse. Like if Rambo and Harley were on the team, they would have won those games? Stop.

I hold Mario and his staff to a much higher standard than I would a guy like Manny Diaz. The administration didn't fork over huge amounts of money to hopefully go 7-5. The roster has been flipped. The staff has been purged and re-purged. There's no more excuses to get blown out by Pitt. We don't need 85 5 star players to go 9-3 in the ACC. Win games. This year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Question for the Guru's.

Could the 4/3 base D we played back in the NC years work in today's game?

Question for the Guru's.

Could the 4/3 base D we played back in the NC years work in today's game?

If you can recruit lbs that can run like safeties or safeties that can hit like lbs I believe you can.

Closest we have come is the early 90’s team that played Houston’s run and shoot team.

We had lbs blanketing wrs all game with no issues at all.

That defense could hold its own in today’s game.

Advertisement
Back