Official Spring PractiSe #3: Thursday 3/9

Media sees 20 minutes of limited action. No 1 on 1's, no team, etc. In seeing that net drill from the videos in first 3 practices, it appears the QB throw once at each opening. First throw he missed a foot to the right of the lower right opening, then he hit the middle and upper left openings. He was not aiming at the middle of the net on the first throw. Yea, he missed but not by as much as it appears.

Here is a quote from an observer I know who was at the entire practice "had a great practice, very accurate with a lot of zip". Interviews of Coaches and players all seem to indicate TVD is doing well.

Read into these video clips you as you will, but just note that they don't see much.

Correct.

Then you have some porster saying "but TVD's own words said he was not yet 100%". Oh, sure, let's just invent whatever we want out of a general comment. Whether he was talking about getting his timing back or throwing the ball 80 yards again, I just don't care.

I don't need a guy reassuring me with statements like "I'm 110% byke, baby", just so I don't hyperventilate every time I see a video of a guy throwing one ball poorly...

Some of these porsters remind me of one of my wife's cats, it runs and hides every time it hears a noise.

Advertisement
Jake starting at Mizzou would be crazy. He isn’t ready.
OC quote on Garcia "I think he's done a good job in terms of getting the ball out of his hands quickly, he's elusive in the pocket and has the ability to extend plays. So, that's been impressive. Our defense does some good stuff and some pressure. So, I think in terms of him showing up on Jan. 20 and being where he's at right now 一 he's in a good spot. Does he need to continue to grow though? For sure."

Well, he got destroyed here in the pocket last year.

He has no pain and / or limitations fron the injury. I’m sure he’s not fully back to pre injury with some aspects of playing qb but he’s full go witt no structural or pain issues. After rushing back too quickly last year you can believe he wouldn’t be out there for spring if there was an issue , no matter how small.

But but but, "words out of his own mouth"...

:snoopfacepalm:

Media sees 20 minutes of limited action. No 1 on 1's, no team, etc. In seeing that net drill from the videos in first 3 practices, it appears the QB throw once at each opening. First throw he missed a foot to the right of the lower right opening, then he hit the middle and upper left openings. He was not aiming at the middle of the net on the first throw. Yea, he missed but not by as much as it appears.

Here is a quote from an observer I know who was at the entire practice "had a great practice, very accurate with a lot of zip". Interviews of Coaches and players all seem to indicate TVD is doing well.

Read into these video clips you as you will, but just note that they don't see much.

TVD is about 90-95% healed. I feel confident about this info because the other day TVD said he was about 90-95% healed. :)

Advertisement
A true Greentree All-American!

7e0oxg.jpg

Correct.

Then you have some porster saying "but TVD's own words said he was not yet 100%". Oh, sure, let's just invent whatever we want out of a general comment. Whether he was talking about getting his timing back or throwing the ball 80 yards again, I just don't care.

I don't need a guy reassuring me with statements like "I'm 110% byke, baby", just so I don't hyperventilate every time I see a video of a guy throwing one ball poorly...

Some of these porsters remind me of one of my wife's cats, it runs and hides every time it hears a noise.
But he did a push up. AND STRETCHED HIS ARMS AFTERWARD!!!!!

Advertisement
He has no pain and / or limitations fron the injury. I’m sure he’s not fully back to pre injury with some aspects of playing qb but he’s full go witt no structural or pain issues. After rushing back too quickly last year you can believe he wouldn’t be out there for spring if there was an issue , no matter how small.
Knowing the butchers we have had in the Hecht that are still there I’m sorry I can’t agree with this take.

Advertisement
Wouldn't be crazy to pick up a serviceable QB in the portal.

Only yesterday I questioned whether or not we could get anyone worthwhile in the portal. What quality QB would want to transfer in to Miami with DVD ahead of him? The calculus changes if we can find a kid with 2-3 years to play and DVD is at less than 100%. So I have to agree this has to be another portal priority.

Honestly, to really be in a position to win some games without a lot of risk, we need 8-10 portal kids still. Epic fail in talent management by Manuela.

Advertisement
Correct.

Big fan of your posts overall. I think it's wise to be concerned as a fan w/r/t TVD given our QB issues during the 2021 and 2022 seasons, as well as the fact Brown is obviously not ready for prime time yet (I think he has the potential to be a great one, but most likely not in 2023), and the only other scholarship QB is a kid who we all agreed was a multi-year project a couple months ago.

In any case, the Canes need someone as a backup who won't lose games or get themselves injured when they are called upon, regardless of whether or not TVD stays healthy.

Big fan of your posts overall. I think it's wise to be concerned as a fan w/r/t TVD given our QB issues during the 2021 and 2022 seasons, as well as the fact Brown is obviously not ready for prime time yet (I think he has the potential to be a great one, but most likely not in 2023), and the only other scholarship QB is a kid who we all agreed was a multi-year project a couple months ago.

In any case, the Canes need someone as a backup who won't lose games or get themselves injured when they are called upon, regardless of whether or not TVD stays healthy.

I don't disagree with any of that. I, too, am very concerned with TVD's ongoing health, but I'm also not leaping to conclusions over a few seconds of video.

I don't disagree with any of that. I, too, am very concerned with TVD's ongoing health, but I'm also not leaping to conclusions over a few seconds of video.

I’m concerned with every player’s health, it’s a collision sport, and people get hurt all the time. Plus, the knee was never designed to play football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back