Spring Spring PractiSe #15 SPRING GAME Saturday April 13 4 pm

If any of the following names enter the portal, I will not be surprised. I'm not saying they're all leaving but it wouldn't make my jaw drop.

Reese Poffenbarger
Jacurri Brown
Trevonte Citizen
Chris Johnson
Michael Redding
Shemar Kirk
Robby Washington
Jackson Carver
Jonathan Denis
Zion Nelson
Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Anthony Campbell
Thomas Gore
Bobby Washington
Chase Smith
Demetrius Freeney
Brian Balom
Markeith Williams

If some of those names DONT enter the portal my jaw would drop

Advertisement
Way too much wasted talk about Emory and Jacurri in here. Lol.

That said, the poster (I think it was DTP) that said people thinking we are going into the portal to land a bunch of starters at like 5 spots will be disappointed is spot on. Everyone has their "Wish List" and we wont satisfy everyone. After what I saw in the Spring game..there is no way we are spending major money on a CB or WR. JMO. If someone jumps in that can provide solid depth and can contribute? Fine. But we arent spending major NIL money on those positions. You can say the same about Safety too.

The two positions I think we are willing to spend will be on RB and a 1 tech DT. There is a dire need for a legit starting RB and legit starting 1-tech DT. No competing, no depth piece. We need guys ready to come in and start immediately and be ready by Aug 31st to help us send UF to ****..... We dont have either on the roster right now.

You cant share the same sentiment for the other 3 positions I mentioned. Anyone who we bring in at WR, CB or Safety would have to compete with what we already have on the roster. And I think that is the big difference.

Way too much wasted talk about Emory and Jacurri in here. Lol.

That said, the poster (I think it was DTP) that said people thinking we are going into the portal to land a bunch of starters at like 5 spots will be disappointed is spot on. Everyone has their "Wish List" and we wont satisfy everyone. After what I saw in the Spring game..there is no way we are spending major money on a CB or WR. JMO. If someone jumps in that can provide solid depth and can contribute? Fine. But we arent spending major NIL money on those positions. You can say the same about Safety too.

The two positions I think we are willing to spend will be on RB and a 1 tech DT. There is a dire need for a legit starting RB and legit starting 1-tech DT. No competing, no depth piece. We need guys ready to come in and start immediately and be ready by Aug 31st to help us send UF to ****..... We dont have either on the roster right now.

You cant share the same sentiment for the other 3 positions I mentioned. Anyone who we bring in at WR, CB or Safety would have to compete with what we already have on the roster. And I think that is the big difference.

Would be a mistake not to target a starter at CB and S, that room is rough

Advertisement
Would be a mistake not to target a starter at CB and S, that room is rough
But the question is..do you do it at the expense of not getting a starting caliber RB? Lets say we go get a "Jabbar Muhammed" level CB in the portal and a "Caleb Downs" level safety..But because we spent the NIL money on those two..we are forced to settle on a "Dallas Hayden" level guy at RB. (The OSU transfer RB) And we ride with what we got a DT because we cant afford a premium level one in the portal because everyone is in the market for a DT....Would you be content with that scenario? I absolutely would not. But again, every poster has their wish list and we unfortunately are not going to all agree. And UM doesnt have UT level endless NIL money so we will have to choose wisely how to spend what we have.

But the question is..do you do it at the expense of not getting a starting caliber RB? Lets say we go get a "Jabbar Muhammed" level CB in the portal and a "Caleb Downs" level safety..But because we spent the NIL money on those two..we are forced to settle on a "Dallas Hayden" level guy at RB. (The OSU transfer RB) And we ride with what we got a DT because we cant afford a premium level one in the portal because everyone is in the market for a DT....Would you be content with that scenario? I absolutely would not. But again, every poster has their wish list and we unfortunately are not going to all agree. And UM doesnt have UT level endless NIL money so we will have to choose wisely how to spend what we have.

I don’t disagree that we need a starter at RB and DT but there’s a vast gulf between Downs/Muhammed and what a starter level CB/DB would be on this team. Also, it may just be me but I would much rather add a couple of average starters at RB with Cam Ward at QB and spend more on DT/CB. Plus I’m told RB’s are cheap…

I don’t disagree that we need a starter at RB and DT but there’s a vast gulf between Downs/Muhammed and what a starter level CB/DB would be on this team. Also, it may just be me but I would much rather add a couple of average starters at RB with Cam Ward at QB and spend more on DT/CB. Plus I’m told RB’s are cheap…
Hey this makes for a big offseason conversation that I know will span for the next 3 months because we all wont agree on what Mario should prioritize with the NIL budget. Will definitely keep the site busy. Lol.

Hey this makes for a big offseason conversation that I know will span for the next 3 months because we all wont agree on what Mario should prioritize with the NIL budget. Will definitely keep the site busy. Lol.
D$ this summer....

Cash Money GIF by Shelem

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure i agree with enough difference makers on the roster take. I mean if you are saying National Title yeah not enough. Or if you are comparing it to 2001 roster.

I think we are right there with enough for ACC title, and make a 12 team playoff.

Cam Ward-top 4-7 type QB nationally

Xavier Restrepo-1000 yard WR, All ACC

J. George-almost 900 yards receiving, All ACC

Jalen Rivers-All ACC
Anez Cooper-All ACC
F. Mauigoa-Freshman All American

Ill add a healthy Arroyo and 2nd year Riley Williams are absolutely difference makers at TE.

Rueben Bain-Freshman AA, one of elite DL in all of college football

Mesidor-All ACC when healthy. 10.5 TFLs/7.5 sacks

Alston-All conference last season, coaches think could be a 10
Sack guy.

Franscisco Mauigia-82 tackles/18 TFL/7.5 sacks. All ACC

Wes B-looks to take a huge jump
As a junior, think he can be a difference maker at LB

Meesh Powell-I think will be one of best DBs in ACC this season.

Porter-Not super athletically, but could be one of better cover CBs in ACC this season

Now the youngsters have flashed, and these could be difference makers too, maybe not this year but moving forward. They have talent.

Trader
Ray Ray
Carr
Lofton
Kinsler
Bell
Samson
Scott
Jones
Lightfoot
Cole McConthey
Pruitt
Brown
Patterson

CBS sports put out a top 100 players list, and Miami had 4, which led the ACC.

I also think Miami will lead ACC teams in most preseason selections.

Last edited:
Not enough difference makers on the roster take.

Cam Ward-top 4-7 type QB nationally

Xavier Restrepo-1000 yard WR, All ACC

J. George-almost 900 yards receiving, All ACC

Jalen Rivers-All ACC
Anez Cooper-All ACC
F. Mauigoa-Freshman All American

Ill add a healthy Arroyo and 2nd year Riley Williams are absolutely difference makers at TE.

Rueben Bain-Freshman AA, one of elite DL in all of college football

Mesidor-All ACC when healthy. 10.5 TFLs/7.5 sacks

Alston-All conference last season, coaches think could be a 10
Sack guy.

Franscisco Mauigia-82 tackles/18 TFL/7.5 sacks. All ACC

Wes B-looks to take a huge jump
As a junior, think he can be a difference maker at LB

Meesh Powell-I think will be one of best DBs in ACC this season.

Porter-Not super athletically, but could be one of better cover CBs in ACC this season

Now the youngsters have flashed, and these could be difference makers too.

Trader
Ray Ray
Carr
Lofton
Kinsler
Bell
Samson
Scott
Jones
Lightfoot
Cole McConthey
Pruitt
Brown
Patterson
I agree with alot of this. we have the talent to win our division.

Cam is cam. We have two all ACC wr's if George can stay out of his own way. Horton is a viable 3rd option.
OL and Te will be fine. My concern is RB.

Kiko and Bain are leaders. Wes B should take a jump. Popo seems to be growing into a player. Porter was a lockdown when healthy. I think Damari will be very strong this year. The key is another DL guy stepping up. Mesidor can't stay healthy.

This team def has enough to win ACC and btw, we recruited two safeties in portal, one who went to Vandy and UW kid who had Ivy League offers. Plus, Jaden Harris is has been developing. We will upgrade the football IQ at safety this year which killed us the last few years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back