Spring Spring Games 2022

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
UNC is also having a pretty heated QB battle as well between Jacolby Criswell & Drake Maye

Clemson with DJ Ukulele & Cade Klubnik

Auburn with TJ Finley, (Oregon transfer) Robby Ashford & (TAMU transfer) Zach Calzada

Advertisement
In the Cuse Spring game we got to get a sneak preview of how their offense will look with Robert Anae as the new OC.

And their Sophomore QB Justin Lamson looked really good. He apparently has also been challenging the incumbent starter in Garrett Shrader & from what I watched he actually looked like a better fit for Anae’s offense than Shrader.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

This will be a good post spring game analysis for what will be seen up in Tally

Texas has a QB battle , I think Oregon to
Quinn Ewers is the presumed starter for Texas this year, he definitely didn’t transfer back home without the promise of starting lol... But I’ve been following their Spring closely thus far & everything I’ve seen has said that both Hudson Card & TF 5-star Maalik Murphy have actually looked good in practices & scrimmages as well.

But I’ve also seen that Quinn has looked the part, his arm talent is special, he’s made some impressive throws this Spring.

With Oregon it’s between Bo Nix, Ty Thompson & Jay Butterfield.

I would guess Nix gets the nod due to his familiarity with Dillingham from his Auburn tenure, but in terms of talent Thompson is the best one.

- Arizona ST is having a QB battle too obviously since Jayden Daniels left

- Texas Tech is having a really nice QB battle as well, Behren Morton has TERRIFIC arm talent, Donovan Smith is a big 6’5 kid with mobility & Tyler Shough is another former Oregon transfer from 2 years ago, however with the Mastermind Zach Kittley as their new OC it makes the most sense to go with the young Gunslinger in Red FR Morton.

- Ole Miss is having a battle between recent USC transfer Jaxton Dart & Luke Altmeyer, although Dart clearly will be the starter

- Mizzou is having one with their former starter Connor Bazelak transferring to Indiana, Red FR STL local QB Tyler Macon is slated to be the starter, but will have another STL local in Brady Cook & Mizzou legend Drew Lock’s younger brother Tommy Lock nipping at his heels as well.

- TCU; Max Duggan, Chandler Morris (Former SMU Coach Chad Morris’s son) & Red FR Trent Battle

- Oklahoma; Dillon Gabriel will be the starter, but apparently TF UF transfer Nick Evers has looked good & has an arm on him.

- UCF; Ole Miss transfer John Rhys Plumlee & Mikey Keene are having a pretty close battle as well. I’m interested to see how that turns out because UCF has a new OC Chip Lindsey & he’s another offensive guy that comes from the Malzahn tree & was at Southern Miss with Todd Monken & AZ ST with none other than Todd Graham... lol

- SMU; is also having a neck & neck QB battle between Tanner Modercai & Preston Stone, really interested to see how Lashlee & Casey Woods decide that one.

There’s a few dozen more, I was actually going to make a thread breaking down all the QB battles happening around college football but decided not to.

Last edited:
In the Cuse Spring game we got to get a sneak preview of how their offense will look with Robert Anae as the new OC.

And their Sophomore QB Justin Ladson looked really good. He apparently has also been challenging the incumbent starter in Garrett Shrader & from what I watched he actually looked like a better fit for Anae’s offense than Shrader.

Some good coaches on that Cuse staff....not sure about the talent on roster, but I wouldn't sleep on them.

Advertisement
Back