Rumor Special Teams Coach - Marwan Maalouf

Advertisement
That black and white picture of D’Onofrio has me so **** triggered. I’m not proud, but my wife was just subjected to 15 minutes of complaining about that dude (“wait so they had fast guys and made them fat and slow on purpose…why would they do that?”) and by the end wasn’t even pretending to be interested.

That being said, as a jersey guy and ‘03 HS grad whose high school was on Rutgers’ campus, that was a fun blast from the past. A few really decent coaches on an early-ish Schiano staff.
Randy Melvin is pictured also. He was our DL coach under Golden after Uncle Jethro moved on. Also Purdues previous HC Hazell is the WR coach. He was really bad

As an off the field analyst I love the hire….

That’s what this is… he’s not coaching for my Dallas cowboys or even for my Miami hurricanes on the field… dude is here for a modest salary while working “part time” in coaching world terms and gets to live in South Florida while he figures out his next move… but hey haters gonna hate
I understand that. But there’s this weird narrative that he wasn’t bad in Minnesota. His unit was terrible. But hiring him as an off field role is a slam dunk. Both statements can be true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol people are acting like we poached him from the NFL. According to his wiki he has been unemployed for a couple years now.
That's him in 2020.
Screenshot_20220306-223006_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Yes, and if we hired him in 2020 that would be considered poaching. You can't poach an unemployed person(unless they have a clause etc.).
Well you said "unemployed for a couple years now".

I think if someone is saying "poaching" from the NFL they're more just referencing that the guy was seemingly a career NFL coach as he had just spent 15 years in the pros.

Probably more linguistic semantics than anything if you're actually looking for a debate but I'm personally not.

Advertisement
Needless to say this is a good hire. You don’t spend 15 years in the NFL if you are an absolute bum. Also speaks to the respect Mario commands. This guy is willing to go off field in college to rebuild his reputation. Maalouf was *** in Minnesota but he’s going to improve our ST’s.

Yes, and if we hired him in 2020 that would be considered poaching. You can't poach an unemployed person(unless they have a clause etc.).

Gator fan mad lol.

Every single thread, it's the exact same. We get it, you think Mario is terrible, every hire is bad, and every player Miami adds is awful. Is there a reason you have to blow up every thread it though?

Advertisement
Back