2025 Solomon Thomas 5* OT from Jacksonville Raines commits to the Noles (FSU still hasn't learned)

Advertisement
Goes hand in hand yes

We went after Ahfua hard because he was a guard I think
I really wanted Ahfua. I don't think anyone we had at guard scared him away. May have been more opportunity at A&M for early PT, but I'm sure A&M offered a huge NIL bag to seal the deal.

I'm not worried about our offensive line. It will be one of the best in the country year in and year out because we have the best recruiter who is an OL coach and our NIL game is strong. Mario and Mirabal are two of the best OL coaches. They will cycle thru top OL into the NFL and that machine will run on autopilot.

It makes perfect sense because top recruits like Francis and Pancake are not going to sit 2 years waiting to get on the field with a 5-star starter in front of them. Those days are over for everyone at OL!!! You think Pancake would be in Miami if they told him he wouldn't be a starter until his junior year? NO. Other positions can stack high end blue chip talent because they rotate so much. 5-star players expect playing time right away. They see the field in year 1 and become a starter by year 2.

The staff knows this. They went for a few top end OL this cycle and they didn't even visit because they know whose in front of them. Trying to stack blue chip OL is difficult. Those guys will portal out after a year and you will have wasted your money on acquisition and now have a need to fill. Getting high ceiling OL is the smart move to supplement 5-star talent. They will develop into productive players by year 3 and may develop into draftable gems.

So they are intentionally bypassing/not putting forth much effort into getting top OL because they believe top OL are going to portal out? I’m not one to go crazy over recruiting rankings but I don’t know about that. For one, most players take a couple of years to develop no matter the ranking. Not everyone is Francis or Bain. You can’t really just say “this is project year or this is blue chip year,” because you can mess around and everyone turns out to be bust. I just remembered we said the same thing in 09 for WR. I think RS admitted to such because we had a deep and promising WR core in 08 but that backfired quick.

So they are intentionally bypassing/not putting forth much effort into getting top OL because they believe top OL are going to portal out? I’m not one to go crazy over recruiting rankings but I don’t know about that. For one, most players take a couple of years to develop no matter the ranking. Not everyone is Francis or Bain. You can’t really just say “this is project year or this is blue chip year,” because you can mess around and everyone turns out to be bust. I just remembered we said the same thing in 09 for WR. I think RS admitted to such because we had a deep and promising WR core in 08 but that backfired quick.
One way to look at it is cap space. Last year for example I remember hearing Miami's NIL offers were going to be tough to beat for Francis, Samson and clearly it was good enough for Cormani at one point. This year we went into the year saying Dline will be personal this year. I remember at one point with Ahfua it was down to us and Utah then A&M came out of no where. I'm assuming we prob had X amount of dollars we weren't going to spend over due to going all out for DLine combine that with A&M being closer they won out. I'm sure every year there will be players we target but can't expect unlimited cap space to be competitive for every player.

This dude will portal once the NIL runs out and he gives it away to his entourage with hand's out .

Realizing it’s not all about money, but he knows what’s best for his family let him enjoy it.

GOCANES

Advertisement
FSU fanboy thinks they’re getting everyone. Ill take Miami here. We have the OL whisperer.
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

This dude will portal once the NIL runs out and he gives it away to his entourage with hand's out .

Realizing it’s not all about money, but he knows what’s best for his family let him enjoy it.

GOCANES
I don't think he ever signs there.

He's committed to them and will probably receive a nice check every time he visits them for the next 9 months or so.

Then he'll flip to us mid season.

History is on our side. It may not be until signing day, but chances are that if he’s a 5*, he’s flipping somewhere.

I really wanted Ahfua. I don't think anyone we had at guard scared him away. May have been more opportunity at A&M for early PT, but I'm sure A&M offered a huge NIL bag to seal the deal.

I'm not worried about our offensive line. It will be one of the best in the country year in and year out because we have the best recruiter who is an OL coach and our NIL game is strong. Mario and Mirabal are two of the best OL coaches. They will cycle thru top OL into the NFL and that machine will run on autopilot.
Yeah I don’t even pay attention to our OL recruiting. Zero worries there

Even the “developmental” guys we are bringing in are monsters. We were constantly playing that game here trying to bring in tight end size guys and make them tackles. Mario is out there finding 6-6 320 guys everywhere

Advertisement
I don't think he ever signs there.

He's committed to them and will probably receive a nice check every time he visits them for the next 9 months or so.

Then he'll flip to us mid season.
FSU needed something positive to talk about. Their fans were in meltdown mode despite still landing a good class. So timing was part of it I think

Could be wrong but sure felt like a PR move

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back