So it doesn't take 4 years to play the 3-4

Isn't that the mantra around here from the sunshine pumpers... it takes 4 years to get the right guys...blah blah blah...

looks like UL didn't get that memo.

Charlie Strong did a very nice job of recruiting defensive linemen. There is a ton of speed on Louisville's defense and a lot of ahleticism. And quite honestly Coley made it very easy for them.

Advertisement
The D wasn't bad, still not good enough however. The 3 man rush and the DEs covering the slot are still unbelievably stupid strategies.

Petrino adjusted (like every other team against us) and push our **** in the 2nd half.

On both sides of the ball, btw

Please explain to me what Coley was trying to do with Kaaya? If you're going to protect the kid like that, then you have to play Heaps, especially against a very good defense. The red zone play calling was atrocious.

Miami went 3 and out then the defense forces a turnover inside their 10 yard line and picks up 1 yard. Then Miami goes 3 and out on its next series and puts Louisville on a short field and they score. If Isadora doesn't decide to go downfield on a bonehead play then Miami has first and goal at the 2 and now you're in a 24-20 game. That last Louisville score the defense was tired and they mentally let up because no way Kaaya was going to lead them to two scores with 8 minutes left.

You're a moron if you don't think the defense didn't look better. Notice I didn't say lights out, or great, or even good. They were hardly atrocious though.

Isn't that the mantra around here from the sunshine pumpers... it takes 4 years to get the right guys...blah blah blah...

looks like UL didn't get that memo.

I wouldn't sing granthams praises just yet, they were daring us to beat them with the pass and we just pussed out.

Advertisement
You're a moron if you don't think the defense didn't look better. Notice I didn't say lights out, or great, or even good. They were hardly atrocious though.

maybe the defense looked better. maybe by year-end it will be getting exposed over an over again like prior years.

one sign of ****** coaching is that problems keep popping up all over the place. think you've fixed one thing, now something else is the problem (offense or special teams for example).

the UL QB and the refs really tried to keep us in the game. there were many drives that stalled b/c the QB ****ed up or a WR dropped a pass wide open for a 1st down.

thats probably an 8 win UL team if i took a wild guess without looking at their schedule

Advertisement
Back