SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Agreed. I think it more less reinforcing why we continue to see us get mediocre production during the season and see us dip into the portal. Missed evaluations and poor development have plagued us for a while now, and continue to.
I won't start a soap box Ward is a positive step.

Advertisement
Not trying to do that at all. Just saying our results have been lackluster and there may be a correlation to how we see our players eventually land in the draft. That’s all.

Hopefully that changes going forward starting with this year.
Nobody is happy Miami has sucked and had a lack of talent for 20 years. My post is about what happens when people say it out loud.

Read the thread man. It’s the same as every other one. Half say 1st round and then claim the ones who say “no they aren’t *that* good” are fake fans, mopes and whatever else. I’m saying eventually the sunshine pumpers gotta get tired of being wrong.

Nobody is happy Miami has sucked and had a lack of talent for 20 years. My post is about what happens when people say it out loud.

Read the thread man. It’s the same as every other one. Half say 1st round and then claim the ones who say “no they aren’t *that* good” are fake fans, mopes and whatever else. I’m saying eventually the sunshine pumpers gotta get tired of being wrong.
They will never get tired, they reset and get their next wind with every new head coach.

Combine killed any chance of these guys moving up, in fact it slid then way down.

Kam may sneak into 3rd round.

James maybe 4th-5th?

LT 6th-FA?

It also gets back to fans always saying why is Miami losing to all these ACC teams?

Because we havent had elite talent.

Duke will have more top 100 players taken than Miami. UNC will have more. UVA may have more.

Its changing slowly but surely.

I think Miami could have 3-4 top 100 players next draft.

More the next.

Mope or no mope, I'm not buying LT as a first rounder. Doesn't mean it will or will not happen. I got crushed on some posts on this topic earlier this season, so I'll be a little more careful with the descriptors I use, but it didn't change my basic outlook on him. He takes far too many plays off to be a first rounder (or even a second rounder) in my opinion. Just to clarify my credentials in making that assessment, I've never worked as an NFL scout, nor at any level for that matter. I'm a fan, I know LOS play fairly well and I know when guys take plays off. I also know when they get pancaked and/or manhandled. For those of you looking to attack me, you're welcome in advance for the info I gave you to use like rotten fruit at a Renassaince-era revolution. Thing is, I'm not rooting against him. Also, I'm not the only one seeing it that way. Take this source however you like, but they have LT listed as the 15th best DT coming out and have him with a 3rd/4th round grade:

In particular, scroll down to LT and read the comments.

I'm not rooting against LT. I hope he and Kam both get taken HIGH in the first round. They are Canes and I will always pull for my fellow Canes (aside from the Soldier, but I don't think he needs a HAND pulling things). When "desire" is called into question, it's an issue.

Merry Christmas. Go Canes!
LT has done nothing to validate being anywhere near prior to a 4th day pick .
Even his combine showed he’s no NFL ready , now his best shot is an invitation to a camp.

it is what it is he was on the right path staying and raising his game but as usual he knows what’s best for his family do he left

Now LT is on the road less traveled which he is not accustomed to. LT can do it but it will cost him everything in doing the complete opposite of what LT has done so far.

I’m not mopping it’s just what we’ve clearly seen.

Advertisement
LT has done nothing to validate being anywhere near prior to a 4th day pick .
Even his combine showed he’s no NFL ready , now his best shot is an invitation to a camp.

it is what it is he was on the right path staying and raising his game but as usual he knows what’s best for his family do he left

Now LT is on the road less traveled which he is not accustomed to. LT can do it but it will cost him everything in doing the complete opposite of what LT has done so far.

I’m not mopping it’s just what we’ve clearly seen.
Does he (and others) really know “what’s best for his family”? I mean I do not know his situation nor is it my place, but is he (and others) really making the best choice,especially given LT could’ve played another year in college and made a lot more in 2024 in college than the pros? That’s the part that makes me sad. Seems like a lose-lose proposition.

Advertisement

Every year I tell the dudes who have total jags going in the 3rd round that we will have no one above the 6th, and then they don't get drafted at all!

Advertisement
Does he (and others) really know “what’s best for his family”? I mean I do not know his situation nor is it my place, but is he (and others) really making the best choice,especially given LT could’ve played another year in college and made a lot more in 2024 in college than the pros? That’s the part that makes me sad. Seems like a lose-lose proposition.
If you're gonna be a UDFA, you're almost certainly better off coming back for a year of NIL. You have a poor chance of making an active roster, and very few have long careers on the P Squad.

LT had an attitude coming to the U saying he’s leaving for NFL even before he got here.

Now he’s available we’ll see who wants a huge project
Maybe he can join Nesta Silvera in the 7th Rd out in Oakland as well. I guess it's better than Forston's UDFA outcome but still.. ready for one of these 5 star DT's to live up to the hype just once.

Advertisement
If you're gonna be a UDFA, you're almost certainly better off coming back for a year of NIL. You have a poor chance of making an active roster, and very few have long careers on the P Squad.

Surprised it hasn't been challenged in court yet. Every court in the country is ready to kill the ncaa, and for good reason. Why does entering your name into the draft make you ineligible to play more college football? Players have not received any nfl compensation. It's essentially a job application. It would be like getting kicked out of college because you applied for a full time job before graduating. Players that don't get drafted should be able to return to college if they have remaining eligibility.

Surprised it hasn't been challenged in court yet. Why does entering your name into the draft make you ineligible to play more college football? Players have not received any nfl compensation. It's essentially a job application. It would be like getting kicked out of college because you applied for a full time job before graduating.
It is really weird when you actually think about it for 34 seconds.

It is really weird when you actually think about it for 34 seconds.

The whole thing is un-American. If colleges want to pay students, they should be able to. And if kids want to be paid to stay in college, they should be able to. This is what capitalism is all about. Why do kids even go to school if not to be trained so they can optimize their career and salary in their profession of choice?

Kirk Cousins and Matt Penix Jr
FB_IMG_1714142363002.jpg

Advertisement
Back