2025 Ryan Montgomery 4* QB from Findlay, OH

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Gaby says Ryan Montgomery 4* QB from Findlay, OH is the #1 QB on our 2025 board. Lots of updates coming in today for him from Future 50 so time for his own thread.

Advertisement
From @One9 summary

"From my understanding, this is Miami’s top quarterback target in the Class of 2025." - 247’s update from the Future 50 Media Day

Advertisement
From @One9 summary

"From my understanding, this is Miami’s top quarterback target in the Class of 2025." - 247’s update from the Future 50 Media Day

“Coach Dawson makes it clear that I am right at the top of the board for them,” Montgomery said.

“It has been great building a relationship with coach Dawson,” Montgomery said. “I was on a zoom call with him a couple weeks ago and he was showing me their offense. That was huge for me because I like what they are doing offensively and I am excited to see how they look this year.

“They are definitely going to sling the ball around a lot this year. They are a quarterback specific offense, which means they run everything through the quarterback. The quarterback has to do everything and I am somebody that can bring that to the table. I believe I can read all the coverages and be in total command of the offense.

“Coach Cristobal popped on that zoom call just to say hi and let me know how much they want me at Miami and how much they want me to come down for a visit,” Montgomery said. “He is excited to keep recruiting me.”

Montgomery hails from the state of Ohio and the in-state powerhouse program Ohio State just took a quarterback in the 2025 class in Tavien St. Clair. Montgomery says it isn’t ideal to be a part of a two quarterback recruiting class, but he also embraces competition.

“Whatever school I go to is going to have competition,” Montgomery said. “I am not going to shy away from any competition.”

Now some of you may be asking if we can't even keep O$U from coming down here and pillaging 5* WR, what makes us think we can go up to OH and steal an elite QB. Two responses.

1. Kevin Riley. Make them play defense instead of constantly being on the attack.
2. O$U is after TWO elite OH QBs next cycle. They may not be able to get both

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao if he was our #1 option we wouldn't have taken another QB for the 25 class a few days ago.
In June, Gaby said his sources said Montgomery was our #1 25 QB option. Are you assuming we're only taking one QB next cycle?

Is it possible that Nickel rose on the board since then? Yes.
Is it possible that Nickel became option #1 once the staff found out Montgomery wasn't interested? Maybe.

Advertisement
In June, Gaby said his sources said Montgomery was our #1 25 QB option. Are you assuming we're only taking one QB next cycle?

Is it possible that Nickel rose on the board since then? Yes.
Is it possible that Nickel became option #1 once the staff found out Montgomery wasn't interested? Maybe.
It's pretty clear that if Montgomery was our #1 we wouldn't have taken a commitment from anyone else this early. The 24 class isn't done and we're getting a commitment from a class of 25 qb tells me Dawson saw something in Nickel and he had to take his commitment. Montgomery is nice also but I don't see us taking a commitment from two high school qb's

My best friend from hs is the hc at Findlay. D2. I’ll ask him what he knows. Pretty sure he said ND was the early favorite this summer when I saw him.

Advertisement
Back