Reggie Bush

Advertisement
Reggie was that dude man, one of those players that you watch and even if he wasnt on your team wanted to see what he did next. Special player on the field, definition of impact player.

On a side note those guys from the mid 2000s Bush, Ginn, Harvin always made me salty because felt like we had a college equivalent in Hester but couldnt get him on the field because he didnt know the bro style playbook. Hilarious that it took coker the last game he played here to promise him a bush type role to try to get him to come back and play for free.

Agreed, Hester was criminally underused at UM. So were others like Brock Berlin whom Coker insisted on putting under center. He would have been something special playing for Mike Leach or one his disciples. Darn shame.

Last edited:
USC goes 1-for-2 in "former Trojan RBs getting their Heisman Trophies back" this week...
Happy Tears Crying GIF by Norwalk Brew House

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched on T.V Anthony Davis make shambles of ND in 74...and scored 6 TDs vs ND in 72.
Down 24-0, Davis scores a late 2nd qtr TD, runs back the 2nd half kickoff for a TD and proceeds to score 4 more TDs for a 55-24 win. An all-time favorite for Trojan fans. I think SC scored 55 points in 17 minutes.

Last edited:
Vince Young was robbed of the heisman that year.

Bush should go hand it to the rightful deserving winner.
I don't know. I think Bush deserved the Heisman. Not saying Vince Young didn't have an incredible season. He probably would have won it in other years. Both were deserving, but what Bush did that year was insane.

These are his and Vince Youngs stats before the championship game. Remember, Young accounted for 467 yards and 3 TD's in the championship game, putting him over 3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing for his final end of season stats. That is one reason many people think he deserved the Heisman. Obviously, the Heisman is awarded before the final game.

Bush (12 Games)
RUSHING:
187 att, 1,658 yards, 8.87 avg, 15 TD's
RECEIVING: 31 rec, 383 yards, 12.35 avg, 2 TD's
KICK RETURNS: 28 att, 493 yards, 17.76 avg, 0 TD's
PUNT RETURNS: 17 att, 179 yards, 10.53 avg, 1 TD

Young (12 games)
PASSING:
182 cmp, 285 att, 2769 yards, 15.21 avg, 26 TD's, 10 Ints
RUSHING: 136 att, 850 yards, 6.25 avg, 9 TD's

Does anyone really think Reggie Bush was the only Heisman winner to receive impressible benefits? I’d wager if you took the trophy away from every Heisman winner that did there wouldn’t be any winners. Including Vinny and Gino.
Except Barry... No proof Barry ever cheated at anything.... Rare breed of dude...
But I do agree with your point... Even though he didn't win the Heisman look at Eric ****erson and what happened with SMU back in the day...

Advertisement
Might be the best college football player of the 2000’s era, I started paying attention to USC because of Reggie

Advertisement
I don't know. I think Bush deserved the Heisman. Not saying Vince Young didn't have an incredible season. He probably would have won it in other years. Both were deserving, but what Bush did that year was insane.

These are his and Vince Youngs stats before the championship game. Remember, Young accounted for 467 yards and 3 TD's in the championship game, putting him over 3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing for his final end of season stats. That is one reason many people think he deserved the Heisman. Obviously, the Heisman is awarded before the final game.

Bush (12 Games)
RUSHING:
187 att, 1,658 yards, 8.87 avg, 15 TD's
RECEIVING: 31 rec, 383 yards, 12.35 avg, 2 TD's
KICK RETURNS: 28 att, 493 yards, 17.76 avg, 0 TD's
PUNT RETURNS: 17 att, 179 yards, 10.53 avg, 1 TD

Young (12 games)
PASSING:
182 cmp, 285 att, 2769 yards, 15.21 avg, 26 TD's, 10 Ints
RUSHING: 136 att, 850 yards, 6.25 avg, 9 TD's
man, looking at those’d stats, it’s crazy how time changed.

Only looking at Young’s stats with todays eyes, you wouldn’t know he was one of the most electric player back then. The USF QB put up stats close to those last year.

Reggie Bush stats would still be impressive if it happened in 2024. That 8.8 avg on almost 200 carries is crazy.

man, looking at those’d stats, it’s crazy how time changed.

Only looking at Young’s stats with todays eyes, you wouldn’t know he was one of the most electric player back then. The USF QB put up stats close to those last year.

Reggie Bush stats would still be impressive if it happened in 2024. That 8.8 avg on almost 200 carries is crazy.
Everybody also forgets that Bush split carries with Lendale White. Lendale White actually had a few more carries than Bush that year and ran for 1,200+ yards during the regular season. What if Bush got half of White's carries. He would have run for over 2,000+ yards that season. USC didn't need to force feed Bush the ball like we had to do with McGahee in 2002, because they were rolling opponents that season.

Advertisement
Back