QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami can't count on NCAA approving a waiver

Has anyone applied for a waiver fighting the RS rule that was recently changed to allow to play 4 games??

Seems very risky

The NCAA will not make a decision on any waiver for Taulia. It's a blanket waiver for the extension of eligibility for the COVID year that is self-applied by the institutions if he wants to stay in school or transfer instead of going pro. Here is the breakdown from the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/5104498/202...r-portal-quarterbacks-tracker-best-available/

Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland: Portal speculation is nothing new for Tagovailoa. He has said he was offered $1.5 million by an unnamed SEC school to transfer after the 2022 season. Would he take a deal like that this offseason? The redshirt senior broke the Big Ten career record for passing yards (11,256) as well as the school record for passing touchdowns (76) in four seasons at Maryland and led the conference in both categories this season. He’ll soon have to decide whether he’s ready to make the leap to the NFL or whether he wants to take advantage of one extra college season.

Advertisement
The NCAA will not make a decision on any waiver for Taulia. It's a blanket waiver for the extension of eligibility for the COVID year that is self-applied by the institutions if he wants to stay in school or transfer instead of going pro. Here is the breakdown from the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/5104498/202...r-portal-quarterbacks-tracker-best-available/

Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland: Portal speculation is nothing new for Tagovailoa. He has said he was offered $1.5 million by an unnamed SEC school to transfer after the 2022 season. Would he take a deal like that this offseason? The redshirt senior broke the Big Ten career record for passing yards (11,256) as well as the school record for passing touchdowns (76) in four seasons at Maryland and led the conference in both categories this season. He’ll soon have to decide whether he’s ready to make the leap to the NFL or whether he wants to take advantage of one extra college season.
Aligns with what @TheOriginalCane said.

Why? If you're looking for a connection with the past, he had his best success under Lashlee. And SMU is in the ACC next year.
SMU has Preston Stone and I bet they also make a run at the Hawaii kid that just hit the portal. He's from down the street in Highland Park

1701966390255.gif

Advertisement
SMU has Preston Stone and I bet they also make a run at the Hawaii kid that just hit the portal. He's from down the street in Highland Park
Right and he's hurt. Who knows how QBs come back after an injury.

My point is, I can't imagine anyone who's played under Manny would want to repeat it. If anything, he'd be looking for a situation similar to where he's had success.

Advertisement

I understand everyone getting an extra year but please, someone find me a player that did not RS at their school that played in 6 seasons!!

Basically, Box Nix and Jayden Daniels could play another year??!!

Someone is big time wrong on all this and if it is me, I will own up.

Advertisement
Back