2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

Ironically the only real breakdown was his touchdown throw.

Our Cornerback was supposed to be in Quarters coverage! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ironically the only real breakdown was his touchdown throw.

Our Cornerback was supposed to be in Quarters coverage! 🤦🏻‍♂️
He still had to drop a perfect ball in there, even though the CB (Quarters) let the WR get behind him. I saw some really good defense on that tape.

Advertisement
Wet conditions...
Plus by 0-tech Nose Guard is a pitbull.
I thought that field looked wet. Which would lead to the football being wet, and it would explain the ball sometimes slipping out of the QB hands, and the high throws. But Coach, your defense was "lights out"! I don't think any other defense that they will play this year will hold them to 10pts. I would be shocked if that happens

I do love this board

The DC that coached against him, that never pulls punches or BS, posting in this thread how impressive he is. Elaborating pretty extensively actually

CiS: “meh”
Forgot im supposed to get my opinion from someone else like everyone else here does,my bad lol

Advertisement
I do love this board

The DC that coached against him, that never pulls punches or BS, posting in this thread how impressive he is. Elaborating pretty extensively actually

All I needed to see was that 20 yard out pattern he threw on the money with velocity. He's the goods and can sit behind Emory while he gets stronger.

Advertisement
Yep it was bad weather conditions and he is a junior still so ill still wait to see what he is next year before I completely write him off but this doesn’t look like a miami starter imo

I'm not writing him off and yes, he's still young. I guess I just expected quite a bit more. We'll see how he develops and matures physically.

One critique would be that he stares down the receiver. That could be on the OC, he may have the kid going one read. But that will definitely need to change at the next level.

Advertisement
I'm not writing him off and yes, he's still young. I guess I just expected quite a bit more. We'll see how he develops and matures physically.
I saw him play against a very good Roswell team. The kid is legit. I assume you don’t live in Georgia, but if you do, go watch him play in person and then let us know what you think.

I do love this board

Luke is that dude. A lot of excited folks in CG about this kid. He’s going to have to beat out Emory, though.

Advertisement
Luke is that dude. A lot of excited folks in CG about this kid. He’s going to have to beat out Emory, though.
Yes but they are be 2 years apart If Emory does not redshirt.
In an ideal world our QB’s are taking over to start in their sophomore or junior years. I know kids don’t want to wait til their Junior year anymore but that would be ideal.

1,473 yards, 65%, 15 TDs and 1 INT so far as a junior. Here are some clips of his last game:

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Advertisement
Back