2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
At the game, he has struggled in first half. Nice throw on the TD and played better as 1st half progressed, but missed some open throws in first qtr. Collins Hill D has played well, he was shaken up at end of half, appeared to be knee, but not serious

Advertisement
Was there last night. Kids OL ain’t great but he has some weapons at his disposal. Their running game was abysmal. This year should be a good growth year for him. He has a really good build for a 16 yr old. Family full of TEs. He will only get stronger. Arm strength needs to improve but it will… right he is 16. Has great touch on the long ball. His receivers had some drops, ran some bad routes and had some weird takes on balls he threw in traffic. I didn’t get the sense that he was leading the team or anything like that. Certainly wasn’t a vocal lead where the team was rallying behind him. Very TVD like in that area. He actually does reminds me of TVD a lot. His physical presence, his demeanor and the throws he excels at and the throws he doesn’t. Middle of the field and down the field accuracy and touch but struggles with sideline throws. But to be honest I don’t think the receivers helped him out there. Running horrible posts and not having a grasp on the flight of the ball. I only saw 1 other cane fan there. I don’t think Ghea had a single catch. Seems their TE routes took too much time to develop for the pressure he had.

Was there last night. Kids OL ain’t great but he has some weapons at his disposal. Their running game was abysmal. This year should be a good growth year for him. He has a really good build for a 16 yr old. Family full of TEs. He will only get stronger. Arm strength needs to improve but it will… right he is 16. Has great touch on the long ball. His receivers had some drops, ran some bad routes and had some weird takes on balls he threw in traffic. I didn’t get the sense that he was leading the team or anything like that. Certainly wasn’t a vocal lead where the team was rallying behind him. Very TVD like in that area. He actually does reminds me of TVD a lot. His physical presence, his demeanor and the throws he excels at and the throws he doesn’t. Middle of the field and down the field accuracy and touch but struggles with sideline throws. But to be honest I don’t think the receivers helped him out there. Running horrible posts and not having a grasp on the flight of the ball. I only saw 1 other cane fan there. I don’t think Ghea had a single catch. Seems their TE routes took too much time to develop for the pressure he had.
Any rushing game to this kid?

Would really love to see us take a legit dual threat type QB that is a legitimate threat throwing and running. But obviously those kids are the 5 star type prospects.

Would really love to see us take a legit dual threat type QB that is a legitimate threat throwing and running. But obviously those kids are the 5 star type prospects.
He did tuck and run and took some hits but no run really went over 5 yards for anyone on their team that I can recall. So not enough to tell really. Their line was struggling.

Advertisement

I don't think Nickel brings enough as a runner to be a true dual-threat weapon, but he can pick up the occasional first down with his legs. He's not a statue like Judd and he's also a bit more athletic than Emory, but he still projects as a pro-style pocket passer at the next level.

Looking forward to this match-up. They are well coached, talented at the WR position and obviously elite at QB.

We're extremely talented at the LB position. 3/4 of the starting LB's are P5 recruits and the other one is a Colombia/Penn/Colgate level kid.
But we're very small at DL and DB. Active and quick, but small. (5'9" across the board @ DB and we have to start a 9th grader)
Our 6'2" Akron commit at DB is injured.

For us (on defense) this game is gonna come down to who wins on the perimeter IMO. If my DB's can hold-up against their WR talent and we can somewhat contain Nickel, I like our chances. (unless I ***** it up, which there's always a chance lol)

This match-up is intriguing because our QB and skill talent on offense is very similar.
We have Belfort at QB (VT commit), Mizell at RB (Kentucky commit) and Koby Howard at WR...who is the most talented WR I've been around in 17 years of coaching. (that includes my time at Deerfield). He's special.
Our OL is not gelling yet IMO. That's our weakness on offense. Looks like that might be an issue for both teams.

Looking forward to this match-up. They are well coached, talented at the WR position and obviously elite at QB.

We're extremely talented at the LB position. 3/4 of the starting LB's are P5 recruits and the other one is a Colombia/Penn/Colgate level kid.
But we're very small at DL and DB. Active and quick, but small. (5'9" across the board @ DB and we have to start a 9th grader)
Our 6'2" Akron commit at DB is injured.

For us (on defense) this game is gonna come down to who wins on the perimeter IMO. If my DB's can hold-up against their WR talent and we can somewhat contain Nickel, I like our chances. (unless I ***** it up, which there's always a chance lol)

This match-up is intriguing because our QB and skill talent on offense is very similar.
We have Belfort at QB (VT commit), Mizell at RB (Kentucky commit) and Koby Howard at WR...who is the most talented WR I've been around in 17 years of coaching. (that includes my time at Deerfield). He's special.
Our OL is not gelling yet IMO. That's our weakness on offense. Looks like that might be an issue for both teams.

Great stuff Macho…Good luck.

Advertisement
Back