2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

Advertisement
He was at practice today with his family. Great size.
Jack Nicholson Sunglasses GIF by Pop TV

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 9.20.34 PM.png

Miami offered Gray (Ga.) Jones County quarterback Judd Anderson in early March and Mario Cristobal and the Hurricanes have been pushing hard since.

And The U could be hard to beat.

I’ve logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Miami for the 6-foot-6, 210-pound Anderson who also holds offers from the likes of Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Pittsburgh.

Anderson is a big, strong-armed passer that threw for 1,776 yards and 15 touchdowns as a junior.

Miami signed 247Sports No. 7 ranked recruiting class in 2023 and when all said and done will be in the mix for another Top 10 haul in 2024.

Offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson has led the charge in recruiting Anderson.

“It’s a great place to be first of all!” Anderson said. “I love what coach Dawson is doing with that offense and Coach Cristobal is an amazing guy and an even more amazing coach! The facilities there are great and it’s an awesome spot!”

Advertisement
Unless you lurking over there for gator and nole tears screen shots, don’t pay for the 247 snitches.

Last edited:
As in Miami doesn't want to scare off the potential of Air Noland? Makes sense.

Judd is fine as a QB2 but his stats and lack of athleticism leaves something to be desired.

@DMoney says the staff loves his athleticism. He is a dual sport athlete that was recruited as a Bball prospect. Either you're right or D$/staff is right.

Miami 247 board going at Wiltfong over this cb right now. they don't like the timing. Wiltfong says there's no ulterior motive.
****** timing indeed. No way Anderson is ready to pop or Miami ready to take him until the Air is cleared.

Won’t impact Air’s decision because he and his team, I’m speculating, are in it thick with each finalist’s camp.

Buckeye fans would be just as irate if he popped a crystal ball for Judd Anderson or similarly ranked QB.

Those numbers are terrible tho, even for a wing T QB.
My buddy (opposing DB coach) tells me that this kid has all the tools to be special. But his decision making, is not the best. He says that if this kid cleans his mistakes up, he is The kind of kid that RS, takes a couple or 3yrs to develop and end up starting as a senior and end up collecting a few checks in the NFL.

Advertisement
He's not even ranked inside the top 1,000 overall or top 60 QBs. He threw for 15 TD vs 13 interceptions and completed 56% of his passes. I just watched his highlights and he throws to his first read on EVERY play.

A QB with a terrible offer list playing with a top 100 player at WR. Where have I heard this before? Speaking of Emory, his highlights actually looked way better.. which.. ****.

I don't think Judd's arm talent is bad at all. So if he's Dawson's multiyear project, then so be it. But he's got a LONG LONG way to go. We better hope he's the 2nd QB in a class with a legit headliner. If our 2nd QB is Moga, we're ****ed.

My buddy (opposing DB coach) tells me that this kid has all the tools to be special. But his decision making, is not the best. He says that if this kid cleans his mistakes up, he is The kind of kid that RS, takes a couple or 3yrs to develop and end up starting as a senior and end up collecting a few checks in the NFL.
This is EXACTLY what I see. Exactly. The arm is there. But he's a 1 read QB right now. Which explains his low completion percentage and high interceptions. He throws into traffic (decision making).

Advertisement
He's not even ranked inside the top 1,000 overall or top 60 QBs. He threw for 15 TD vs 13 interceptions and completed 56% of his passes. I just watched his highlights and he throws to his first read on EVERY play.

A QB with a terrible offer list playing with a top 100 player at WR. Where have I heard this before? Speaking of Emory, his highlights actually looked way better.. which.. ****.

I don't think Judd's arm talent is bad at all. So if he's Dawson's multiyear project, then so be it. But he's got a LONG LONG way to go. We better hope he's the 2nd QB in a class with a legit headliner. If our 2nd QB is Moga, we're ****ed.
He played in a wing T system up until this past season. That could explain his accuracy issues, and him being a 1st read QB. Idk. He’s got a lot to learn, and he’s behind the curve, right now. I know his head coach, personally and he’s a **** good high school offensive coach. Let’s see if he (Mike C.) can help this kid iron some of dem wrinkles out of his game. That completion percentage scares the **** out of me. Usually a kid that ain’t accurate in HS, ain’t accurate in College either. But I guess I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, being this was his 1st season in a modern offense.

I could see that. Looks like a kid that wouldnt be ready to portal out after 2 years....A classic #2 developmental guy similar to Emory Williams imo.

I could see that. Looks like a kid that wouldnt be ready to portal out after 2 years....A classic #2 developmental guy similar to Emory Williams imo.
True. Being that he’s going into year 2, in a modern offense, he’s probably behind where Emory was at the same point in their high school careers. He is a good athlete though.

Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 10.19.31 AM.png

"For Gray (Ga.) Jones County QB Judd Anderson. This is a guy Miami liked a lot coming into the visit and I think seeing him in person confirmed what they felt about him on tape. I’m not saying this is indicative of what’s going on with Air Noland. Miami has independently liked Noland and Anderson."

View attachment 234813

Miami offered Gray (Ga.) Jones County quarterback Judd Anderson in early March and Mario Cristobal and the Hurricanes have been pushing hard since.

And The U could be hard to beat.

I’ve logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Miami for the 6-foot-6, 210-pound Anderson who also holds offers from the likes of Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Pittsburgh.

Anderson is a big, strong-armed passer that threw for 1,776 yards and 15 touchdowns as a junior.

Miami signed 247Sports No. 7 ranked recruiting class in 2023 and when all said and done will be in the mix for another Top 10 haul in 2024.

Offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson has led the charge in recruiting Anderson.

“It’s a great place to be first of all!” Anderson said. “I love what coach Dawson is doing with that offense and Coach Cristobal is an amazing guy and an even more amazing coach! The facilities there are great and it’s an awesome spot!”

GT, MISS, and PITT are far and away his best non-UM offers according to the 247 list. His only P5 ones This guy is being lightly recruited right now. Sure hope we're right about him. That dive The Athletic did into the 2020 QB class has me much more open-minded about not going off the website lists with the QBs so much.

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 12.04.30 PM.png

Advertisement
Back