Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

Just brutal depth right now

10306953 (1).jpeg

Advertisement
Bookmarked: CBs don't matter.
Second File: CIS admits Keon Coleman is good.

Emotions flying, moonwalking context being provided in later posts...

We are in midseason form fellas!

Let's ******* Go!
I think most people here have always agreed that Coleman is good. I think people were saying he didn’t do anything against us (4 catches for 24 yards and a push off TD) while missing starters in the secondary. You’d think he would have went off and he basically did nothing.

Advertisement
Did you just start watching football? That’s happened multiple times. My point is why recruit big *** guards just to start an undersized less talented one. I’ve never seen that before
The point is we are missing lineman. Have brand new lineman. Lineman are rotating spots. It was already stated Samson was working with the 1s as well.

It probably makes sense to have a lineman who knows all of the calls and blocking schemes in their with the 1s since you’re also breaking in a new center and QBs who are generally responsible for calling out blocking schemes/alignments.

You guys have not played football if you don’t think this happens all the time. Especially with Spring ball

If Horton doesn’t figure it out in spring you have to go get a big body receiver. I love that group we have but we need size.
Oh u love that group but they need size huh? Yeah ok! And u need to holla at Scott! He’s on the way! Hold on… Hey yo Scott!!!!!
200.gif

Hey yo Chico! U may wanna hit the button or next time it may not be so nice for u )BIG PAUSE)

The point is we are missing lineman. Have brand new lineman. Lineman are rotating spots. It was already stated Samson was working with the 1s as well.

It probably makes sense to have a lineman who knows all of the calls and blocking schemes in their with the 1s since you’re also breaking in a new center and QBs who are generally responsible for calling out blocking schemes/alignments.

You guys have not played football if you don’t think this happens all the time. Especially with Spring ball
I’d have to look back to last spring, but I’m pretty sure the same thing was happening last spring. Our coaches like rotating the OL to learn and putting nobodies in there at the beginning of spring to push guys. Rudy won’t be starting week 1 in Gainesville. Mario isn’t stupid and knows what’s at stake this season. He isn’t putting a healthy Samson on the bench for his undersized nephew. People on here are just quick to throw tantrums.

What you @'in me for?

Everybody always has the tough guy CB's don't matter opinion until we play teams like UNC & LVille our Corners get torched.

And let's not forget the key moments in the FSU game...

View attachment 284054View attachment 284055View attachment 284056View attachment 284057View attachment 284058

That's the one yall betting the house on, who was Coached by yall's favorite DB Coach...

But if yall like it, I love it 🤷🏽‍♂️
Hey I was wondering if you could give an explanation of what Brown is doing wrong in these clips that is leading him to get beat? I read your breakdowns of the position and just wanna understand what I'm seeing @Memnon

Advertisement
I think most people here have always agreed that Coleman is good. I think people were saying he didn’t do anything against us (4 catches for 24 yards and a push off TD) while missing starters in the secondary. You’d think he would have went off and he basically did nothing.
Very few here like to admit rival players are good... lots of portal has no good players, blah blah blah...

To our game... huge TD to extend the lead and huge punt return... mari0-2 against FSU... 🤮

Why do the CB's need to relearn the position?

Addae was actually a great teacher, he just wasn't a recruiter. At the end of the day, the DC tells the DB coach how he wants the technique taught. It's the same stuff from last year. It's Guidry's stuff.
Any new DB coach is going to add his own drills and techniques.

Very few here like to admit rival players are good... lots of portal has no good players, blah blah blah...

To our game... huge TD to extend the lead and huge punt return... mari0-2 against FSU... 🤮
He had those 2 plays and that’s it. 24 yards on Brown is a bad showing though. For all the hype he had last season he should have put up the stats that George had.

Any new DB coach is going to add his own drills and techniques.
He's not gonna teach any new techniques that the DC doesn't gel with.
The coordinator tells the DB coach how he wants the DB's taught.

How it gets done (aka the drills) is up to the position coach.

Example - He's not teaching his CB's to back pedal if Guidry believes in kick-stepping. The position coaches perform the techniques that are relayed down from the Coordinator.

Advertisement
times.

Which going back my original
He's not gonna teach any new techniques that the DC doesn't gel with.
The coordinator tells the DB coach how he wants the DB's taught.

How it gets done (aka the drills) is up to the position coach.

Example - He's not teaching his CB's to back pedal if Guidry believes in kick-stepping. The position coaches perform the techniques that are relayed down from the Coordinator.
He’s not changing from back pedaling to kick stepping but Guidry arrived after Addea. He might have been okay with his drills/bump techniques.

Now Guidry has worked with Chevis already. He will allow Chevis to add some of his own drills, but they also might have had some different techniques they did together at Marshall they feel comfortable bringing back as well.

You’re definitely the coach. I played for multiple coordinators and DB coaches throughout HS and college. So I’ll lean with your expertise ofcourse. I’m just going off personal experiences.

You're right bro, WTF do I know?
Just had my best defense in my 17 year history of coaching...and the best defense in this school's history...with two 5'9" CB's that are going D2.
(while playing 4 nationally ranked opponents that were filled with P5 WR recruits)

You got it bud.
Lol I respect your resume and knowledge on here…but tf does this have to do with your statement?

Because u coached up a good defense(congrats) that means your philosophy is the end all be all? Lol naw

Advertisement
The problem with talking about CB's on here is that most have no idea what good technique actually is & are clueless to what they're supposed to do.

That's why people can see multiple clips of a guy getting beat & still think he played well, because they just don't know what they're seeing.
Your right I don't know crap, but I know a push off and it would have been a catch without it. I also know it's not the game to use as an example of CB play.
1000051075.jpg

Yes he was too deep, feet were flat so Coleman got a little push off and he got toasted on a simple out route into the endzone.. D1 starting corner at UM should never put themselves in that situation. If Fswho's got NFL talent WR Coleman starting he should be jammed at the line by an NFL talent Corner who is just as elite to where the timing is completely off with the QB, instead year in year out our Corners are not developed into elite NFL talent, they are projects or just mediocre talent that are somehow not situationally aware (coaches fault?) and famously get toasted lining up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. The tape does not lie he is standing flat footed in the endzone practically waiting to be pushed off of with ease, nauseating honestly.. Why are you offended by facts on film?

Blades, Starks, Shields, Jennings probably puke every time they turn on the games.

Besides the never ending coaching carousal form the last 20+ years and the long list of QB debacles.. the main positions that lack consistency were the O line, QB, CB's and D Line. Now the O line pedigree in place, QB pedigree in place, D line looking better. Mario and company have got to land elite talent in the Cornerback room either by transfer or finding the studs coming out of high school.

I hope I'm wrong on Damari and the rest of the room but I'm just not seeing what it should look like.

Whoever earlier posted DB's don't win and lose games lay off the angel dust!
Lot of blah.

Advertisement
Back