Players leaving early

Advertisement
Thought NIL would fix this stupidity. Lee and Cohen would've been great to have back for their final year of eligibility.
Maybe, but we have to begin to do better than 7th round players especially at positions we are known to recruit well and the expertise of the head coach.

Thought NIL would fix this stupidity. Lee and Cohen would've been great to have back for their final year of eligibility.
Can’t really blame Lee. He has back issues that won’t allow him to have a long career. He had to cash in when he could.

Taylor, Williams, Cohen all could have leveraged NIL to stick around and get better.

Are we the only team that suffers from this epidemic of borderline players thinking they are better then they are and leaving early?

Advertisement
Can’t really blame Lee. He has back issues that won’t allow him to have a long career. He had to cash in when he could.

Taylor, Williams, Cohen all could have leveraged NIL to stick around and get better.

Are we the only team that suffers from this epidemic of borderline players thinking they are better then they are and leaving early?
Seems like it, but I doubt it.

Taylor should have stayed
Somebody here argued the last year that none of these guys were going in the first two rounds, but I was told mock drafts said different.

There was no hiding LT’s effort and want to on film . His decision made the least amount of sense. Maybe this gets his **** together and is a wake up call.

Advertisement
There's a humility and reality that comes from playing alongside and behind guys who are better than you. We haven't had that type of program in 20 years. The only reference point our guys have is who they were told they'd become as HS prospects. That's how they continue to make their decisions.

No...we just don't pay attention to anyone else

No

Advertisement

Just crazy, Half to assume all these guys could have got $200-500K in NIL + another year to get better tape for NFL.

Did I miss something on cohen why didn’t he get drafted at all they had him ranked above a bunch of guards

Advertisement
I don’t get how people can’t understand why these kids come out early even if they’re low draft picks. The NFL minimum for 2024 is just shy of $800,000. That’s not a bad start at all, and a lot of these guys are one injury away from not getting a shot. 50/50 chance they come back, stay healthy and significantly upgrade their draft stock.

I don’t get how people can’t understand why these kids come out early even if they’re low draft picks. The NFL minimum for 2024 is just shy of $800,000. That’s not a bad start at all, and a lot of these guys are one injury away from not getting a shot. Zero guarantee they come back, stay healthy and significantly upgrade their draft stock.
I think in the NIL era you better be **** sure you're gonna get drafted. And is that money guaranteed upfront? If you're say a 6th rounder that gets cut? True a lot of those guys make the practice squad with someone. But I don't really see how Taylor and Cohen helped themselves this weekend.

I think in the NIL era you better be **** sure you're gonna get drafted. And is that money guaranteed upfront? If you're say a 6th rounder that gets cut? True a lot of those guys make the practice squad with someone. But I don't really see how Taylor and Cohen helped themselves this weekend.

If you’re talking practice squad, then yeah it might have been better to stay. I’m speaking of the minimum salary of guys that actually make a roster, and even low round draft picks have a good chance of at least doing that.

If you’re talking practice squad, then yeah it might have been better to stay. I’m speaking of the minimum salary of guys that actually make a roster, and even low round draft picks have a good chance of at least doing that.
If you're an UDFA then that's your most realistic destination. Sometimes teams like a guy so much they'll offer guaranteed money and a signing bonus but that's probably not gonna match what someone like Taylor or Cohen could have gotten with NIL. It's a f- up any way you slice it. Practice squad pay is complicated because it's weekly, and it changes if you get called up to the active roster. Like I said, you better be **** sure you're gonna get drafted.

Advertisement
Back