Parking Pass Amateur Hour Buffoonery

I actually see the football program separate from the school
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

Advertisement
There's only so much UM can do when stadium ownership decides to build a race track and a tennis center in the parking lot.
that made sense for year 1. now we know the parking layout. also, no need to send out emails AFTER everyone renews. i have premium seats that come with a hefty donation. i shouldnt need to receive donate more emails for parking.

Advertisement
Yeah, UM is the only school or entity that provides perks to those with more money to spend. Unheard of.

The premise, IMO, isn’t the issue. It’s the misinformation and bait and switch.
This is a hundred percent not true. You want to upgrade a seat for the University of Florida you better be high on their Booster Loyalty Point System. Want parking at UF close to the stadium? You aren't in the running unless you donated at least $3,500 to the boosters.

Florida does something smart. A season ticket is $480 per seat anywhere in the stadium, but they force you to join their booster club. That is a 501(c) charity contribution. My Miami Club Seat is around $1,025. That same seat in Section 500 at Florida is $2,800 but $2,300 is a write-off. Golden Canes get benefits so do Bull Gators. Just how it works.

eh the school is poorly run too. check out the financial aid scandal going on right now that the Miami Hurricane exposed

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't dispute that one way or the other. Don't know enough to even think about doing so

Last year I was told it was basically a total reset due to the renovations at Hard Rock. Ok, no problem. My seats are in the club level and I only need an orange pass, which I was able to get. But importantly I was told it was a one-time thing, and going forward it would be like years past, where you could renew your parking for whatever next year's price was.

I called today about this and I'm not thrilled at what I heard.

Today I was told that I was lied to last year, and that they apparently had more than one rep who was lying to people about this stuff and they were all let go. I was most surprised by the honesty (assuming it's true since...you know...the lying). I was also told that this is how they fund the program, attract talent, etc., that this "is just how college athletics is nowadays," and that this is basically how it will be going forward.

I'm at every game. I'm a Canes Connection member. I've had tickets for over a decade. This is a ****** way to be treated and eventually the answer to their ever-increasing demands is just going to be "no."

Last year I was told it was basically a total reset due to the renovations at Hard Rock. Ok, no problem. My seats are in the club level and I only need an orange pass, which I was able to get. But importantly I was told it was a one-time thing, and going forward it would be like years past, where you could renew your parking for whatever next year's price was.

Today I was told that I was lied to last year, and that they apparently had more than one rep who was lying to people about this stuff and they were all let go. I was most surprised by the honesty (assuming it's true since...you know...the lying). I was also told that this is how they fund the program, attract talent, etc., that this "is just how college athletics is nowadays," and that this is basically how it will be going forward.

I'm at every game. I'm a Canes Connection member. I've had tickets for over a decade. This is a ****** way to be treated and eventually the answer to their ever-increasing demands is just going to be "no."

you have to be kidding? this is outrageous if true

Advertisement
you have to be kidding? this is outrageous if true
Again, that's what I was told. But it was a weird conversation from the start with this dude outright letting me know that they had to let a bunch of people go because of what they told customers last year. Just generally unprofessional in a way that has not been my experience calling that ticket office.

Again, that's what I was told. But it was a weird conversation from the start with this dude outright letting me know that they had to let a bunch of people go because of what they told customers last year. Just generally unprofessional in a way that has not been my experience calling that ticket office.

I find it hard to believe that UM would ever fire anyone for lying about something like that.

In the 1980s, I was told that 9.9% annual tuition rate increases would not be the norm.

Advertisement
This is a hundred percent not true. You want to upgrade a seat for the University of Florida you better be high on their Booster Loyalty Point System. Want parking at UF close to the stadium? You aren't in the running unless you donated at least $3,500 to the boosters.

Florida does something smart. A season ticket is $480 per seat anywhere in the stadium, but they force you to join their booster club. That is a 501(c) charity contribution. My Miami Club Seat is around $1,025. That same seat in Section 500 at Florida is $2,800 but $2,300 is a write-off. Golden Canes get benefits so do Bull Gators. Just how it works.
Sorry if you missed the sarcasm of my response. Yes, every big school does this.

That is how college athletics works nowadays though. Ticket sales don’t mean ****. It’s all about donations and tv contracts.

Advertisement
Just received the email for my time. I've never paid attention to the parking map because I've had Orange and always park off and on the turnpike for so many years. Did the map change this year or has Orange only been on that side of the stadium before this year and I hadn't noticed?

Just received the email for my time. I've never paid attention to the parking map because I've had Orange and always park off and on the turnpike for so many years. Did the map change this year or has Orange only been on that side of the stadium before this year and I hadn't noticed?
Just for parking or for away tickets as well?

post the map i havent gotten my email yet

Advertisement
Back