OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

Advertisement
The evals haven’t been the same. They’ve been worse.

We haven’t landed a single good player from Texas since Coker. We’re 0-12.
Coker, Shannon, golden(who I don’t think signed anyone from Texas) and Richt (who I think only took a transfer Colbert)

So the former took all the misses you wanna prop up.. over a decade ago no less lol

Stop it bruh

Coker, Shannon, golden(who I don’t think signed anyone from Texas) and Richt (who I think only took a transfer Colbert)

Golden signed Preston Dewey, while Richt signed Brian Polendey and Bubba Baxa.

I understand the facts aren’t as fun as jilted lover rants about Dade divas, but they are more helpful.

What makes you think we will break our 12-bust losing streak in Texas? Is it your faith in Manny? Our 6-7 record? Let’s hear it.

I understand the facts aren’t as fun as jilted lover rants about Dade divas, but they are more helpful.

What makes you think we will break our 12-bust losing streak in Texas? Is it your faith in Manny? Our 6-7 record? Let’s hear it.
Wait, what am I missing? Didn’t we just get a nice TE to commit from Tejas? Lashlee could pull a QB from there potentially.

Advertisement
Wait, what am I missing? Didn’t we just get a nice TE to commit from Tejas? Lashlee could pull a QB from there potentially.

Tight ends are their own category. We can recruit studs nationally, and we should.

That’s the one position where we have a legitimate on-field selling point. Also, Arroyo was born in Miami.

QBs require national recruitment just by the nature of the position.

Lashlee having spent time in Texas at a middle tier program being able to know who the studs were and some that they big boys in state were letting walk away...

The offense at least breaking top 50 in the nation along with a kicker who won’t (hopefully) miss **** near 50% of his kicks regardless of distance.

I’m still bullish that this Miami team and job at MINIMUM in this division should be easily walking about with 10 wins a season. Diaz might not be the man to take it over the top but if he just gets it to where it SHOULD be it should be a **** of a lot better

Also amazing Preston a back up QB we brought in and a kicker lol again your list of “busts” are all in their 30s now

Advertisement

You framing this as an emotional argument is hypocritical. You're every bit as emotionally invested the opposite direction. You love those Florida NFL lists full of Clemson and Bama guys.

The coaches have to evaluate better in Texas just like they do in Florida. Using Polendey and Baxa... that's loser coaches making loser evals. What's the excuse for all the SoFla losers? If Miami coaches spent more time in Texas they'd have a great shot at talented kids who would love to be Miami Hurricanes and not guys using Miami as an SEC placeholder - without having to wait for your forever-hypothetical 12 win seasons that you think is going to turn those 305 fellas back into Cane fans instead of guys swatting Miami caps onto the ground year after year. If your argument is that Diaz can't eval a player in Texas, then he can't eval players here, there, or anywhere and none of this matters. Or we can just keep loving up on the Larry Hope's of the world and stay 6-7 and tell ourselves we got a steal because our coaches "really had a chance to get to know the family here in South Florida". BS! Players are players. Go get them, wherever they are. There are a lot of them in Texas who don't think UM's a joke. Of course we don't need to abandon South Florida. Of course South Florida is and should always be our bread and butter. But we put our necks on the guillotine time after time for guys who think we're chumps.... I guess all that 'evaluation' still doesn't help our coaches identify that character??? We recruit Florida slapdicks year after year after year..... shouldn't all this magical evaluation time you're referencing snuff that out a little better?

Lashlee seems to get it. Let's see if guys like D'Eriq King and Elijah Arroyo, who could have chose a lot of other places, make us a better team.

Using Polendey and Baxa... that's loser coaches making loser evals.

What about the other ten guys on the list? We’re 0-12 in Texas since we started sucking. That’s not a fluke. It’s a trend. You keep saying talented recruits in Texas respect us. Where is the evidence?

In that same time period, we’ve signed 37 guys from South Florida that made the NFL.

The reason is obvious. We’re local. We sign guys like Duke Johnson and Don Chaney based strictly off our location.

People get mad because we finish in second for guys like Jerry Jeudy. Would we even be in his Top 10 if he was from Texas? We’ve sucked for fifteen years. How does going West help us land the kids with options?

You are banking on our evaluations improving. I hope they do. Our draft class would look a lot better if we properly evaluated Damon Arnette, Josh Uche and Zack Moss. That’s the low-hanging fruit.

Cool stroy, glad your not an Nfl GM....You dont gotta respect it.
BTW if I was a GM I would have taken Isaiah Wilson from the university of Georgia whose from Brooklyn NY (who went first round this year) before any offensive linemen from Florida 😆 if I was a GM. But like I said for the thousandth time y’all got skilz and that’s is far as if goes the linemen are overrated and I’m giving you a coaches perspective and as a person who played division one football perspective and has a person who knows coach down in Miami. So no hatred on the south. The U was the reason why I played football. I wish more places embraced football the way the south does. I respect your passion and opinions on here though. ✊🏾

Advertisement
Pump the brakes, fellas!

The facts are there are great players in both Florida and Texas. When you are not competitive on the field, you will be forced to recruit second tier talent anywhere. Right now the elite Florida players don't see Miami as relevant as say UGA, Bama, LSU, UF, Clemson, OSU or FSU. That forces our Canes to seek talent OOS. We should all know it's hard to recruit elite OOS talent unless you're in the national spotlight (i.e LSU right now). Win 10+ games every year and we'll be in the hunt for elite talent in any state, including Florida and Texas and California and Georgia and...

Let's enjoy this coming season and watch the recruiting battles play out. JMHO.

BTW if I was a GM I would have taken Isaiah Wilson from the university of Georgia whose from Brooklyn NY (who went first round this year) before any offensive linemen from Florida 😆 if I was a GM. But like I said for the thousandth time y’all got skilz and that’s is far as if goes the linemen are overrated and I’m giving you a coaches perspective and as a person who played division one football perspective and has a person who knows coach down in Miami. So no hatred on the south. The U was the reason why I played football. I wish more places embraced football the way the south does. I respect your passion and opinions on here though. ✊🏾

There are countless florida...let alone SOUTH FLORIDA DL tearing up the NFL currently.
There is a high number of Florida OL collecting huge amounts of money in the NFL.

The state was behind for years as....we had weight restrictions on youth florida. Since the restrictions have been lifted we have seen an uptick in OL/DL flowing through.....there are alot coming down the pike as well. Just offhead Alex Leatherwood will be a 1st rounder more than likely in the next NFL draft, Greg Roussea if he even has half the season he had last year..is a 1st rounder. Thats 2 guys from Florida.

Name me the BK, DL /OL Right now projected 1st rounders?. Its a myth that florida doesnt produce quality lineman.

The evals haven’t been the same. They’ve been worse.

We haven’t landed a single good player from Texas since Coker. We’re 0-12.
And back then we landed Leggett, Freeman, and Farr. Not exactly anything to write home about either.

Advertisement
You want a good example of how you and CUCKmoney are acting in relation to Texas recruiting?

It’s similar to the daily battle you had defending why we needed to continue to recruit Deerfield even though we had been left with out **** in our hands for years... you stood on the soapbox beating the drum saying there was no bias against UM and we could very well land Knighton (we did)

What’s the difference from the argument at the time to stay away from Deerfield because “they hated UM” to y’all saying to stay away from Texas because the staff sucks at evals and everyone we get sucks so yeah
Not one person here said to stay away from Texas though.

I don't know why the keep saying that.

That's great, you picked ONE guy.

The last solid OL we had was the unit with Flowers, Feliciano, McDermott, Linder and Henderson.

3 out of those 5 are NFL starters. I'll let you guess where they're from.

The ONE guy on that unit from OOS was a soft 5-star weed smoking bum.

Advertisement
Back