Visits Official & Unofficial Visitors June 19-26, 2023

Judd's trajectory is up up. Good athlete big frame big arm. Tore it up at UGA's camp.

He will have a big senior year, and get a ratings bump.

I credit Highsmith and our scouting department. We seem to on point with evals regardless of kids ratings.

Advertisement
True, I thought I remembered him committing the day after the visit, but you are correct.

Also, I understand and agree with Mario’s strategy to avoid the visit high commitments, I just want one big one.

But I’ll retract my statement because you were right about Pruitt.
U just want one big one? BIG PAUSE! Aye yo Scott!!!!!…
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Judd is a good QB. Have him sign then go after a portal QB who will be a bigger name and compete for the job immediately. Murphy from Texas, whoever does win at UGA, etc. There will be plenty on the market every year.
Unless you can get a big time QB in this class I think I agree. The issue I see is that it is much easier to recruit WRs with a big time QB in the boat. The transfer they would get could be great but it won’t help much in attracting ‘24 receivers because it would be after ESD or right before. Even if Miami has something in Jacurri/Emory, there won’t be enough good tape out there of them for this years class unless something goes very wrong.

On the 247 pod David said Judd has a bigger arm and Gaby said Judd threw so well at UGA for his team that Pitt and UGA are sniffing around and Miami didn’t want to rock the boat with Judd lol

Thanks for sharing this, but I have a hard time believing Gaby's claim here. LOL at not wanting to rock the boat with Judd.

UGA has the #1 overall player in the country committed to them at QB in Dylan Raiola. Another poster in a different thread recently mentioned that Kiffin *may* offer Judd at Ole Miss, but they just signed Austin Simmons and have another 4* QB committed in their current class. Other programs allegedly "sniffing around" that already have their QB1's in the boat would merely be weighing whether they want to take a QB2 or, in Ole Miss' case, a QB3. And he hasn't reported any new offers since he committed to Miami in early April. Sniffing around doesn't equate to active pursuit.

Judd "flashed at times" per reports at the Elite-11 Atlanta event last month, but didn't perform well enough to earn an invite. Then he does very well at a UGA-hosted event and wins a 7-on-7 championship (whatever that's worth) when the best QB in the state, Air Noland, wasn't present because he was at the Elite 11. I get that the staff loves Judd way more than most, but the premise of not wanting to rock the boat with him sounds ridiculous. It makes way more sense that Miami's possibly trying to flip a higher priority target than Jackson to be the other QB in this class.

Advertisement
Risky how? We have 2 QBs on the roster, Judd makes 3, i rather them get a Portal QB than someone like Jackson who doesnt even seem better than Judd. If u aint flipping a top man thats the best route
Risky as in you aren’t guaranteed to get your guy in the portal and if you miss you are in trouble. You had a ‘if’ qualifier there and I agree. We need to do a better job recruiting HS QBs because once again relying on the portal is risky.

On the 247 pod David said Judd has a bigger arm and Gaby said Judd threw so well at UGA for his team that Pitt and UGA are sniffing around and Miami didn’t want to rock the boat with Judd lol
LOL at not wanting to rock the boat with Judd and the media suggesting we let him dictate what we do with QB recruiting. We most likely go into next season with only 2 raw unproven scholarship QBs. We should be taking 2 HS QBs and an upper class men transfer to compete with Jacurri/Emory.

Judd may turn out to be a stud but right now he’s an extremely raw talent with limited experience playing the position with a total of 4 P5 offers. The best thing for him is to spend 2 to 3 years getting developed like a Mac Jones or Stetson Bennett, who btw were also QB2 in their classes. The best thing for us if we are going to be taking these raw development type prospects in multiple classes is to throw numbers at the position. If he’s not comfortable with that then we need to find 2 other raw high upside developmental guys that are.

LOL at not wanting to rock the boat with Judd and the media suggesting we let him dictate what we do with QB recruiting. We most likely go into next season with only 2 raw unproven scholarship QBs. We should be taking 2 HS QBs and an upper class men transfer to compete with Jacurri/Emory.

Judd may turn out to be a stud but right now he’s an extremely raw talent with limited experience playing the position with a total of 4 P5 offers. The best thing for him is to spend 2 to 3 years getting developed like a Mac Jones or Stetson Bennett, who btw were also QB2 in their classes. The best thing for us if we are going to be taking these raw development type prospects in multiple classes is to throw numbers at the position. If he’s not comfortable with that then we need to find 2 other raw high upside developmental guys that are.
His performance at a camp is now becoming a stuff of legends…. Let’s call Judd what he is and that is a solid QB2 because he has upside. It reminds me of the brief time people were getting gassed up over Taylor Cook here.

Advertisement
Risky as in you aren’t guaranteed to get your guy in the portal and if you miss you are in trouble. You had a ‘if’ qualifier there and I agree. We need to do a better job recruiting HS QBs because once again relying on the portal is risky.
U are not likely to get anyone better than Judd in high school QB recruiting that can remotely compete with Jacurri and Emory. I dont want numbers, i want someone who can compete for the job and even if it was Air i doubt even he could. So no

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing this, but I have a hard time believing Gaby's claim here. LOL at not wanting to rock the boat with Judd.

UGA has the #1 overall player in the country committed to them at QB in Dylan Raiola. Another poster in a different thread recently mentioned that Kiffin *may* offer Judd at Ole Miss, but they just signed Austin Simmons and have another 4* QB committed in their current class. Other programs allegedly "sniffing around" that already have their QB1's in the boat would merely be weighing whether they want to take a QB2 or, in Ole Miss' case, a QB3. And he hasn't reported any new offers since he committed to Miami in early April. Sniffing around doesn't equate to active pursuit.

Judd "flashed at times" per reports at the Elite-11 Atlanta event last month, but didn't perform well enough to earn an invite. Then he does very well at a UGA-hosted event and wins a 7-on-7 championship (whatever that's worth) when the best QB in the state, Air Noland, wasn't present because he was at the Elite 11. I get that the staff loves Judd way more than most, but the premise of not wanting to rock the boat with him sounds ridiculous. It makes way more sense that Miami's possibly trying to flip a higher priority target than Jackson to be the other QB in this class.
Not sure who other poster is that’s referring to Kiffin “maybe” offering Judd but Ole Miss has already offered. It was actually his first ever offer in February of 2022. Maybe they suddenly have renewed interest but would seem odd given the reasons you listed of their current situation.

U are not likely to get anyone better than Judd in high school QB recruiting that can remotely compete with Jacurri and Emory. I dont want numbers, i want someone who can compete for the job and even if it was Air i doubt even he could. So no
That’s your position? I call BS. If Mario is an elite recruit and I believe he is, we should expect to and do better than just Judd. Let’s also recall that when Judd was being recruited we were being sold on him being the QB2.

That’s your position? I call BS. If Mario is an elite recruit and I believe he is, we should expect and do better than just Judd. Let’s also recall that when Judd was being recruited we were being sold on him being the QB2.
It’s as simple as this: which program in the Top 20 right now would want Judd as QB1?

He’s just not a very high ceiling to shoot for. Maybe the evals are pristine and Judd has a massive senior year / continues developing in college and becomes the guy. But right now on the surface…I don’t think anyone is looking at him as QB1. That’s just the truth.

Hopefully we’re still working on some massive flips. I think QB recruiting will heat up when Dawson and TVD put points on the board

Advertisement
His performance at a camp is now becoming a stuff of legends…. Let’s call Judd what he is and that is a solid QB2 because he has upside. It reminds me of the brief time people were getting gassed up over Taylor Cook here.
Not even a camp a 7 on 7 tournament that led to a UGA workout where they said nice things about him. They have zero intention of pursuing him unless their current QB2 flips somewhere else. Leave it to fans to turn it into something it’s not.

That’s your position? I call BS. If Mario is an elite recruit and I believe he is, we should expect to and do better than just Judd. Let’s also recall that when Judd was being recruited we were being sold on him being the QB2.
No by all means go after an elite high school QB. But they are all committed elsewhere and they aint starting next year. None of them. But this Jackson guy is not it. So if thats the choice i want Portal.

Btw dont just say any QB. Name the high school QB u realisitcally think comes in and starts next year by beating out Emory and Jacurri. Give me a name.

Yall have the mindset that our QBs are bums and i vehemently disagree. I believe in Jacurri and thats my opinion. I dont think a high school QB is winning the job over him in year 3. So thats why i want a Portal guy to actually compete.

No by all means go after an elite high school QB. But they are all committed elsewhere and they aint starting next year. None of them. But this Jackson guy is not it. So if thats the choice i want Portal.

Btw dont just say any QB. Name the high school QB u realisitcally think comes in and starts next year by beating out Emory and Jacurri. Give me a name.

Yall have the mindset that our QBs are bums and i vehemently disagree. I believe in Jacurri and thats my opinion. I dont think a high school QB is winning the job over him in year 3. So thats why i want a Portal guy to actually compete.
I agree with you that based on what we have the portal is the best route but it is risky and it underlines my frustrations there. We have dropped the ball QB recruiting wise. Whether you believe in JB or not the reality is that he was a project, Emory is a project and now Judd is a project. We need to do a better job recruiting QBs. Judd is so raw, his footwork is garbage and his stats are pedestrian. Not sure who we flip or find but we need to do better at QB recruiting and I’m not asking for the world here. If TVD is gone which he probably is after this year we are in a bad spot and nobody to blame but ourselves. JB looked horrible in the spring game and didn’t look good in 22, sure he has time but a roster that otherwise should be pretty **** good in 24 might get clipped before it takes off because of bad QB recruiting.

I agree with you that based on what we have the portal is the best route but it is risky and it underlines my frustrations there. We have dropped the ball QB recruiting wise. Whether you believe in JB or not the reality is that he was a project, Emory is a project and now Judd is a project. We need to do a better job recruiting QBs. Judd is so raw, his footwork is garbage and his stats are pedestrian. Not sure who we flip or find but we need to do better at QB recruiting and I’m not asking for the world here. If TVD is gone which he probably is after this year we are in a bad spot and nobody to blame but ourselves. JB looked horrible in the spring game and didn’t look good in 22, sure he has time but a roster that otherwise should be pretty **** good in 24 might get clipped before it takes off because of bad QB recruiting.
Im not judging JB off 1 spring game. I trust other people like D$ who seen him the entire spring. Also a spring game where he cant use his best attribute. So no.

Also Emory is not a project. He was simply lowly ranked by recruiting services. Is no way u can watch man film and say he is a project.

As for Judd i will watch his Senior film. I seen elite throws on his film better throws than alot of higher ranked players.

And finally if Dawson can get Thune drafted, i would trust him with all these guys u calling projects including Judd.

Advertisement
Back