Nike deal

Advertisement
Do we know when an eventual switch from Adidas to Jordan or Nike will actually occur? I know the contract is another what 4 years?

Based not on actual confirmations, but observing the deterioration of the situation, I strongly believe that this is the final year for adidas.

Conversations about the future have already taken place. Nine years is long enough that nobody looks "hasty" in making a change, and there's no reason to go another three years if certain parties are dissatisfied.

i actually dont like our colors in the Js but thats personal preference.

i do like the jordan design as shoes for apparel but not for cleats.

still think Nike/Jordan would be a win

Sheesh, tough guy to pls. I respect everyone’s opinion, but man, I don’t know how u don’t like these color ways?

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    540 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    666.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0801.jpeg
    IMG_0801.jpeg
    725 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 5
Sheesh, tough guy to pls. I respect everyone’s opinion, but man, I don’t know how u don’t like these color ways?
personally, I think theyre loud lol. thats all. I dint like the Adidas miami shoes either. not my style thats all. im not buying Jordans either regardless. I dont spend a lot of money on shoes (rather put it towards watches).

personally, I think theyre loud lol. thats all. I dint like the Adidas miami shoes either. not my style thats all. im not buying Jordans either regardless. I dont spend a lot of money on shoes (rather put it towards watches).

I hear u; I started late, but imma watch man myself. Nothing wrong w that at all….but, I prefer both. Lol

Advertisement
I hear u; I started late, but imma watch man myself. Nothing wrong w that at all….but, I prefer both. Lol
to clarify, I wouldn't buy Jordans bc theyre just not my style and I dont try to fit in just bc Js came back in fashion lol. nothing wrong the shoe itself though and some of the color ways are really nice (not the canes ones tho).

Advertisement
Listened to a ND Student podcast as they approach their apparel decision.

It’s amazing how other fan bases feel. Regardless, they did a poll of 600 individuals & the results were as follow:

-91.7% stated they wanted Nike over UA
-76% stated they would prefer Nike/JB over Adidas, UA, & NB
-86.3% said a switch to Nike would cause them to buy more gear
-89% said if ND stayed w/ UA, they would not buy more gear
They polled 20 student athletes:
-Out of the 91.7% that stated they wanted Nike over UA, when they looked at only the participants who were strictly students (via the ND.edu link), 93% of the students, including 20 who were verified student athletes chose Nike.

So a couple of things I found very interesting which I had no idea:

1. ND is supposed to be UA’s priority, however:
2. ND soccer, lacrosse, & football cleats have been known to break consistently after about 3-4 games
3. ND’s student store have been providing most of the merchandise w/ their own print press vs. UA
4. Major complaints of jerseys for various sports not fitting

They had a panel of a Nike apologist & UA apologist. The UA apologist still advocated for UA b/c ND is a brand who wants to be exclusive, which is y they remain independent & have their own TV contract. He also said UA will offer more up front money (sounds familiar @TheOriginalCane…lol). The Nike apologist said Nike helps grows ur brand, & the ND brand needs more swag, & b/c of the poll, it’s proof positive that ND will make more $$ w/ Nike in the long term (again, sound familiar).

I know it’s fck ND, but I found that little exchange eerily similar to the chit I’ve stated on this board, particularly the argument of bag up front & losing swag or appealing to recruits & making long term $$. Either way, saw that ND willl be making a decision some time this month.

Listened to a ND Student podcast as they approach their apparel decision.

It’s amazing how other fan bases feel. Regardless, they did a poll of 600 individuals & the results were as follow:

-91.7% stated they wanted Nike over UA
-76% stated they would prefer Nike/JB over Adidas, UA, & NB
-86.3% said a switch to Nike would cause them to buy more gear
-89% said if ND stayed w/ UA, they would not buy more gear
They polled 20 student athletes:
-Out of the 91.7% that stated they wanted Nike over UA, when they looked at only the participants who were strictly students (via the ND.edu link), 93% of the students, including 20 who were verified student athletes chose Nike.

So a couple of things I found very interesting which I had no idea:

1. ND is supposed to be UA’s priority, however:
2. ND soccer, lacrosse, & football cleats have been known to break consistently after about 3-4 games
3. ND’s student store have been providing most of the merchandise w/ their own print press vs. UA
4. Major complaints of jerseys for various sports not fitting

They had a panel of a Nike apologist & UA apologist. The UA apologist still advocated for UA b/c ND is a brand who wants to be exclusive, which is y they remain independent & have their own TV contract. He also said UA will offer more up front money (sounds familiar @TheOriginalCane…lol). The Nike apologist said Nike helps grows ur brand, & the ND brand needs more swag, & b/c of the poll, it’s proof positive that ND will make more $$ w/ Nike in the long term (again, sound familiar).

I know it’s fck ND, but I found that little exchange eerily similar to the chit I’ve stated on this board, particularly the argument of bag up front & losing swag or appealing to recruits & making long term $$. Either way, saw that ND willl be making a decision some time this month.
I think ND still out sells us no matter what apparel company theyre with. I never really liked the UA stuff. it's kinda clear they only care about MD and thats it. thats their focus

Advertisement
I think ND still out sells us no matter what apparel company theyre with. I never really liked the UA stuff. it's kinda clear they only care about MD and thats it. thats their focus

Yeah, they do tend to give Maryland the most gear & uniforms. (Even if I don’t agree w/ their designs. Lol)

Advertisement
Wellllll it’s for sure not this yr. Lol. Hit up some Lulu or AllBirds in the meantime. Lol
Vuori Lululemon and Alo are all legit. if the canes ever gt gear made from them, id never buy another nike short again lol. the only time I really only wear my canes shorts (most of them are nike and a few Adidas) are around the house now.

Advertisement
Back