Nike deal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure UCF's rickety stadium can last that long
Bro, you joke but I’ve been a few times and that places feels unsafe. Way worse than when the Orange Bowl used to sway and shake. The crowd experience is hype, nobody sits down but I was too worried about the bleachers collapsing to enjoy it.

Bro, you joke but I’ve been a few times and that places feels unsafe. Way worse than when the Orange Bowl used to sway and shake. The crowd experience is hype, nobody sits down but I was too worried about the bleachers collapsing to enjoy it.

Little known fact, UCF hired the same engineer to design their stadium that built the OceanGate Titan...

Advertisement
I’ll try to be as concise as possible:

1. In the short term, The Adidas deal appeared to be the better deal, particularly for the 2015 season.

2. The 2016-18 seasons, in my honest opinion would’ve been a far and away better deal w/ Nike simply b/c of the reinvigoration of the program, & merchandise was selling…a lot of that merchandise was from 3 party retailers, too.

At the end of the day, Blake did what he “felt” was in the best interest of the school, but also what was in his best interest to make a statement as an AD. The problem is, & the issue I had w/ Blake, he was not qualified to be an AD here. His experience was ticket sales.

A lot of decisions he made were very short sighted, and not thoroughly vetted. When the scathing report came out how he didn’t understand language used in our contract w/ Adidas, that gave a glimpse into his qualifications. So it made all the sense in the world the lack of respect shown by Golden & Diaz towards him.

Here’s what’s crazy about the Adidas contract:
-We were told, promised that we would be the flagship program of the ACC, & neither a state school or ACC school would have a more lucrative contract than us.

Our contract is approx. 12 yr/$80

UL during this same period, signed a 10yr/$160m contract! A major part of this was nepotism as Tom Jurich’s daughter is an executive in their marketing dept. Not only does this violate Adidas’ own conflict of interest clause, but it also violates the stipulation that was found in our contract, being that UL is an ACC school.

Since our “marquee” contract in which Adidas was going to showcase & rebrand us:

KU: 14yr/$196m
UL: 10yr/$160m
UW: 10yr/$119m
Neb: 11yr/$128m
IU:$8yr/$54m

*TAMU haven’t released details of their new extension in 2022, but their previous contract was between $7.1 - $7.8m/yr.

I’m just saying, we low key got shafted on the deal & that’s b/c Blake overplayed his hand, while not sitting down & throughly vetting the complete picture.

I recall reading about why UTenn left Adidas, despite more $$, & the AD said, in part, that they had to look at the totality of the contract which included branding, brand recognition, apparel, global reach, finances, & it made sense to go w/ the “perceived” lower offer. So far, it appears UTenn is doing just fine financially. Ironically, Alabama, too, is perceived to have a low contract w/ Nike, yet they’re now reported to be 3rd in revenue despite Texas A&M’s contract “dwarfing” their Nike contract.

That’s the power of back end revenue.

@Rellyrell do you know what Miami’s licensing cut is for their Merch sales with adidas and how that compares to the industry?

I’m assuming it’s a base amount paid to each school and then a % of gross sales for all UM stuff right?

@Rellyrell do you know what Miami’s licensing cut is for their Merch sales with adidas and how that compares to the industry?

I’m assuming it’s a base amount paid to each school and then a % of gross sales for all UM stuff right?

I do not, but again just peeping Texas A&M’s contract, here’s its lingo:

-Adidas will provide $200k for “retail activation.” It will provide up to $450k for marketing expense, and will provide “at least” $333k in royalties.

KU had a “Royalty” section in their contract, but they wouldn’t elaborate what that meant; this is b/c they r being investigated for Adidas’ pay to play & the #’s didn’t add up.

So far the few schools that I saw receiving royalties was not a % base contract, vs. an “up to” base amount.

Advertisement
We gotta switch to Jordan asap!
IMG_5473.jpeg

We gotta switch to Jordan asap!
View attachment 244287
Jordan 12 Lows, huh?

I actually prefer UNC’s color way for this particular cleat, but ours would be fire. Put us in some Jordan 1, 4, or 12 lows & we’ll be Gucci. Also just saw, since my baby cousin attends Duke, that UNC just got a fresh new pair of J’s, & Duke got an OG Pegasus color way.

Jordan 12 Lows, huh?

I actually prefer UNC’s color way for this particular cleat, but ours would be fire. Put us in some Jordan 1, 4, or 12 lows & we’ll be Gucci. Also just saw, since my baby cousin attends Duke, that UNC just got a fresh new pair of J’s, & Duke got an OG Pegasus color way.
I hear ya. Some schools colorways look really good in the different Js. Regardless….they’re all better than what adidas is giving us. And you know the kids would love to wear Miami colored Js!

Advertisement
Jordan 12 Lows, huh?

i actually dont like our colors in the Js but thats personal preference.

i do like the jordan design as shoes for apparel but not for cleats.

still think Nike/Jordan would be a win

i actually dont like our colors in the Js but thats personal preference.

i do like the jordan design as shoes for apparel but not for cleats.

still think Nike/Jordan would be a win
Agree. I like the uniforms but those cleats just look like Walmart basketball shoes to me.

Advertisement
Back