Nike deal

Advertisement
Ummmmm this is a poor, or better yet an inaccurate example you used.

The example should’ve been 12 yr/$100m is better than 12 yr/$60m + % of royalties. The reason why you wouldn’t use such an example is b/c in the long run, that 12 yr/$60m contract will indeed outperform that 12 yr/$100m contract.

Allow me to furnish u an example of Texas. In 2005, Texas garnished $8.2m in royalties. So this is back in 2005…let’s just say for the sake of argument, Miami’s royalties starting in 2015 would be around $4m/yr. That would put that same 12 yr/$60m at 12yr/$108m; furthermore, I didn’t even include escalators from team performances which mutually benefits Nike. That’s y it’s best to look at the totality of the contract vs. one segment.

Lastly, Nike is not trying to put everyone out of business. Lol. Competition is what grows a company, & clearly set one above the other.
lol team performance wise, we wouldn't have hit a single escalator unless the goal for an extra dime was like 6 wins

Look closely:

I would point out two things.

First, I've seen TWO group shots where there isn't a single player wearing an adidas jersey. That means every player is pre-2015 and is wearing either Nike or Russell (Gino Torretta).

Second, take a close look at that FIRST graphic. The single player wearing the adidas jersey...they are only showing HALF of him...and conveeeeeniently, it is not the half of him that has the adidas logo, just the ACC logo.

Thus, in THREE different graphics, there is not a single adidas logo.

Contrast that with all the Air Jordan shoe cutouts that the Gaytors scattered around Hotel Oleo.

1687397821635.png

lol team performance wise, we wouldn't have hit a single escalator unless the goal for an extra dime was like 6 wins

Actually we hit several escalators in 2016, 2017, & men & women sports in basketball. That’s already been discussed in great detail.

Lets play a game called spot the difference:

"Nike didn't value us nearly as much as yall want to make it out to be"

vs

"Nike didn't value us"

Hmm I wonder if one quote is trying to intentionally be misleading or not... hmmm.

From now on, I'm cutting you off early.

Wrong.

You are a dishonest poster on this subject.

You have said "Nike didn't value us" multiple times over the past two years. I've read it. I'm sick of it.

Enough of your semantics games. I don't have to quote every word you type just to reference your bull**** arguments. That's simply you trying to play a silly game about how people are always misquoting you.

We've got dozens of your pro-Blake, pro-adidas, anti-Nike stubbornness posts. No need to keep repeating our arguments. You've heard the facts and yet you refuse to acknowledge what is happening and why.

Advertisement
From now on, I'm cutting you off early.

Wrong.

You are a dishonest poster on this subject.

You have said "Nike didn't value us" multiple times over the past two years. I've read it. I'm sick of it.

Enough of your semantics games. I don't have to quote every word you type just to reference your bull**** arguments. That's simply you trying to play a silly game about how people are always misquoting you.

We've got dozens of your pro-Blake, pro-adidas, anti-Nike stubbornness posts. No need to keep repeating our arguments. You've heard the facts and yet you refuse to acknowledge what is happening and why.

On my mama, I truly think it’s a Bay thing. My frat brother, my former HS classmate, my former college class mate, my ex, my former colleagues, & now this dude be on that semantics chit. (ALL FROM THE BAY AREA)

They’ll be like “I never said the sky was blue; I said look at the blue sky.” It literally be bull chit like that.

On my mama, I truly think it’s a Bay thing. My frat brother, my former HS classmate, my former college class mate, my ex, my former colleagues, & now this dude be on that semantics chit. (ALL FROM THE BAY AREA)

They’ll be like “I never said the sky was blue; I said look at the blue sky.” It literally be bull chit like that.

“Fight on!”

Actually we hit several escalators in 2016, 2017, & men & women sports in basketball. That’s already been discussed in great detail.
17 I get. 16 was prolly an escalator for a bowl win. Basketball is successful. Football is as successful as tyreeks attempt at chartering a boat

Wait I'm the one arguing over semantics after this dudes brain broke at the fact I said 15% <100M, 75% 100M, 10% >100M.... lol the absolute hilarity when someone deigns disagree with some of yalls arguments and your utter seriousness in a thread about apparel on here always makes me laugh.

Maybe if youre the person that thinks everyone is only/always arguing semantics with, maybe that is an indication you're misinterpreting the correct meaning of peoples words/actions? Just some food for thought. (Let me preemptively say I know you can't actually eat thoughts... in case that's how you were interpreting that lol).

Just to make it easy on yall, here is a deal I'm willing to accept from Nike/Jordan: 1) No ****** Orange/Green helmet with that bad Ibis logo. 2) Give us as much money as possible to help us pay the ACC Exit fee in the event the ACC doesn't disolve. Thats it. Wonder if yall are going to believe thats what I want or not lol.

Advertisement
Multiple times huh. Doubt it.
I don't have to quote every word you type just to reference your bull**** arguments. That's simply you trying to play a silly game about how people are always misquoting you.
I mean if you're misinterpreting peoples meaning because you are apparently not reading full sentences cause you're "cutting you off early", that's a pretty normal thing to correct in a conversation. Hey who would have thought I'd have to explain the importance of reading complete sentences to someone lol.

You've heard the facts and yet you refuse to acknowledge what is happening and why.
I've heard some facts, yes. I've also heard plenty of opinions, and opinions mischaracterized as facts. Some I agree with and some I disagree with. Crazy I know.

If this picture is real, I am sorry, but everyone knows by now where Miami is going. You got the most coveted recruit in the country visiting you officially and he wears JB whilst being presented in Miami gear.

Yeah that’s not so suttle lol

Either way I don’t care… can’t wait for the swap over. I’ll be dropping quite a few bucks on new gear to replace all that crappy adidas stuff I have

Advertisement
Wait I'm the one arguing over semantics after this dudes brain broke at the fact I said 15% <100M, 75% 100M, 10% >100M.... lol the absolute hilarity when someone deigns disagree with some of yalls arguments and your utter seriousness in a thread about apparel on here always makes me laugh.

Maybe if youre the person that thinks everyone is only/always arguing semantics with, maybe that is an indication you're misinterpreting the correct meaning of peoples words/actions? Just some food for thought. (Let me preemptively say I know you can't actually eat thoughts... in case that's how you were interpreting that lol).

Just to make it easy on yall, here is a deal I'm willing to accept from Nike/Jordan: 1) No ****** Orange/Green helmet with that bad Ibis logo. 2) Give us as much money as possible to help us pay the ACC Exit fee in the event the ACC doesn't disolve. Thats it. Wonder if yall are going to believe thats what I want or not lol.

If we’re making demands, I’ll settle for no less than a Miami @Rellyrell Nights edition with the Rell silhouette dunking on you…

Been a fun day in this thread guys @Rellyrell @TheOriginalCane
Hopefully we switch to JB sooner than later so we don't gotta keep running this back.
View attachment 243375

You are the only dip**** "running this back".

Nearly 2 years after Alonzo Highsmith said "Miami is NOT an adidas school, Miami is a Nike school...

...on a thread named "Nike deal"...

...you and one other guy are the only people wasting everyone's time telling your lies about adidas being so great to UM and Nike being so horrible to UM...

You've had every opportunity to walk away. To ignore the thread. To ignore the subject matter. To ignore us.

But you've chosen to come back repeatedly to antagonize those who know what Miami is about to do. We have shared true information, and all you do is crap on it, and argue, and tell old lies and myths.

Why don't you just go start an "adidas deal" thread, and you can tell all the lies you want, and nobody will bother you.

You're not a bad person for having an opinion, you're entitled to your opinion. It's your dishonesty that is the problem.

If this picture is real, I am sorry, but everyone knows by now where Miami is going. You got the most coveted recruit in the country visiting you officially and he wears JB whilst being presented in Miami gear.

Yup.

Miami doesn't give a FUUUUUUCK what adidas thinks anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back