Nike deal

Advertisement
It’s just silly because they can wear whatever they want while not at work. Just a Vague comment for clicks.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Mario among others, has a closet full of Nike stuff, especially considering where he came from. I mean, what is he going to wear when he mows the lawn. (Lol, I know he pays somebody to mow the lawn, but anyway)

And killed it.....
FRFR these jawns were fresh. Shame Reebok is a shell of its former self.

But nothing new under the sun.

CN2127_a1.png

Edit: not exactly these, but almost.

SMH the jawns in 95 were way tougher. Had every color with my AF1s.

Last edited:
It’s just silly because they can wear whatever they want while not at work. Just a Vague comment for clicks.

It depends when & where they were spotted. Adidas typically has an exclusivity clause which states: Each team, including all participants shall wear only Adidas products when involved in any team events, official school events that includes games or practice, any filming, photographing, and participating in or hosting any clinics.

If it’s just someone randomly seen in some Nike, Pumas, etc. then this means absolutely nothing, but if they were hosting some recruits, then yeah, that would mean something.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Given the information presented, here's my final take on the whole situation:

1. Miamis contract with Adidas runs through 2027. I presume both sides have a potential exit prior to that date, with repercussions (likely financial) that need to be paid in order for them to be released from said contract.
2. If Miami were to sign a new apparel deal with Nike, it probably would be a) higher in compensation than Adidas and b) potentially similarly long. The Texas-Nike deal runs through 2031, I presume that a new apparel deal will go into the mid 2030s.
3. I assume Miami wants to have the Jordan brand on its jerseys. Michigan was the first one to do it, and since then, teams slowly but surely have adopted that Logo onto their jersey. It would only make sense, as that brand continues to be on the rise.

I personally wouldn't expect any movement in this until next year at the earliest. We don't know what kind of money Miami has to pay for prematurely exiting that deal.

DVD was always wearing J’s. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Exactly. This isn’t to say the Adidas ➡️ Nike smoke isn’t real….but context is definitely needed when saying “Coach so and so was spotted wearing Jumpman gear etc etc”.

The thing is that this can be taken out of context. Coaches spotted wearing Nike gear doesn’t necessarily mean coaches were spotted wearing “UM Nike gear”.

The coaches aren’t under contract with Adidas, the school is under contract. So when on UM official business, yes, the coaches have to wear Adidas shirts etc. They couldn’t pull out an old Nike UM shirt and shorts and go on official UM business. But if they are out and about in public, they can wear whatever they want.

1. Miamis contract with Adidas runs through 2027. I presume both sides have a potential exit prior to that date, with repercussions (likely financial) that need to be paid in order for them to be released from said contract.
2. If Miami were to sign a new apparel deal with Nike, it probably would be a) higher in compensation than Adidas and b) potentially similarly long. The Texas-Nike deal runs through 2031, I presume that a new apparel deal will go into the mid 2030s.
3. I assume Miami wants to have the Jordan brand on its jerseys. Michigan was the first one to do it, and since then, teams slowly but surely have adopted that Logo onto their jersey. It would only make sense, as that brand continues to be on the rise.

I personally wouldn't expect any movement in this until next year at the earliest. We don't know what kind of money Miami has to pay for prematurely exiting that deal.
We also could have an out based on that report that Blake James didn’t realize that we had a clause for always being the ACCs highest paid team under Adidas. Perhaps that’s being used as some sort of breach of contract and significantly lowering and removing altogether any exit fees from terminating the contract early.

I guess time will tell

Advertisement
It depends when & where they were spotted. Adidas typically has an exclusivity clause which states: Each team, including all participants shall wear only Adidas products when involved in any team events, official school events that includes games or practice, any filming, photographing, and participating in or hosting any clinics.

If it’s just someone randomly seen in some Nike, Pumas, etc. then this means absolutely nothing, but if they were hosting some recruits, then yeah, that would mean something.

Yes.

And if someone saw MULTIPLE coaches wearing Nike, it was probably a work-related function.

Unless people think that several coaches independently changed their shoes, intentionally, just for the **** of it.

Although that would say a LOT, if the coaches were so desperate to change out of adidas and into Nikes just for some random non-work social gathering.

I wouldn't worry about the contract so much. I don't think adidas wants the practical or PR aspects of suing someone to "stay with them", and there are a lot of things that Miami could cite as factors that support "breach".

I think it could very well be the case that Miami signs with Jordan brand. In an ideal situation, with a combo of good marketing and winning teams, UM will sell a ****-TON of merch, and we have a relatively unique colorway that screams out who we are. Not that many schools can say that. Lots of "blue/yellow" schools, and whatnot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sounds like this could finally be happening. Is this a situation where it will happen, just not this season? Or is it where we will be with a different brand by say, fall camp? Because jerseys have to have something on them lol

Advertisement
Back