Nike deal

Advertisement
What do you wear?

He wears Depends and these:

1637371467154.png

From the looks of it it seems like Knight has more say so about what the schools does than what Nike does.
Since he donates so much money he can dictate the Mario thing. But if Mario has a side contract with Nike would knight have as much juice?
He’s “chairman emeritus” at Nike.
Of course he’s gonna have some say and be respected. But maybe the financial and law gurus can chime in about how much he can do if there was a Nike deal with Mario.
OR what if Mario is looking to give something back to Phil for his support (in all way$) by making some kind of deal with Nike a contingency on him coming to Miami?

I checked Adidas’ site because I don’t find Miami gear in the places that I usually buy it.

I don’t generally buy clothes online so if there is some hidden gold mine of Adidas gear online that I have missed cool.

You said old head so I am guessing you are a younger guy. The type of Nike Miami gear I bought from the mid 90s on was pretty prolific. Hats, jackets, beanies, socks, all kinds of stuff.

I don’t see anything near that variety anymore. In store, online, or on the street worn by Miami fans.
The gear game has changed in the last couple of decades. All companies are trying to avoid the shelf puppy products that plagued the industry in the late 90s/early 2000s. That said, if you go to Fanatics, All Canes or Canes Wear, they have TONS of gear available, and the Adidas section is usually packed with stuff. The problem is that you aren't shopping online and that's where all the action is right now. Most stores aren't stocking much Miami stuff, it's tough to find Alabama stuff in most of the country in a store environment. The days of going to Champs and there being a wall of jerseys and the like are over.

Advertisement
OR what if Mario is looking to give something back to Phil for his support (in all way$) by making some kind of deal with Nike a contingency on him coming to Miami?
You do know that Phil Knight is one of the wealthiest people on the planet. I don’t think there’s anything Mario could do to make that man any wealthier.

Advertisement
I wear nike and adidas apparel i think I have some under armour workout gear as well who cares all this **** comes from the same sweatshops. Adidas feather uniforms were garbage the present traditional look is almost perfect except the U on the collar, nike had some terrible **** at the end Christmas ornament helmets, bird beaks on the shoulders etc. Both have their faults just keep it classic and i wouldnt care either way who they roll with

You do know that Phil Knight is one of the wealthiest people on the planet. I don’t think there’s anything Mario could do to make that man any wealthier.
I assume there is a reason wealthy people tend to stay wealthy.

According to Streeter's latest podcast, as of last night, what he hears it's a two horse race with Mario 1 and Lane 2.

The Nike issue is apparently Mario's side contract with Nike and how that will work if he leaves to an Adidas school. So it is a bit of a different twist than what I thought was going on.

All things considered, if Mario doesn't work, Lane not a bad fall back.

Advertisement
According to Streeter's latest podcast, as of last night, what he hears it's a two horse race with Mario 1 and Lane 2.

The Nike issue is apparently Mario's side contract with Nike and how that will work if he leaves to an Adidas school. So it is a bit of a different twist than what I thought was going on.

Well, the good news is all the people we are hearing are involved likely have very good legal counsel. If there's a way, they will figure it out...

Well, the good news is all the people we are hearing are involved likely have very good legal counsel. If there's a way, they will figure it out...
And the supposedly 40 million commitment to the football program has a way of resolving these thorny legal issues too

Whatever Mario gets paid from Nike in his side deal, Miami obviously will account for in their offer

I just hope all this Nike vs Adidas contract stuff doesn’t ***** up our leverage with Lane and Mario

Advertisement
Whatever Mario gets paid from Nike in his side deal, Miami obviously will account for in their offer

I just hope all this Nike vs Adidas contract stuff doesn’t ***** up our leverage with Lane and Mario
This is for Mario, not Lane.

This is for Mario, not Lane.

I think though leaking the Lane interest puts some pressure in the negotiations. Even though "we are all in" on Mario you don't want to be in a position where you can't say no and be willing to walk away. You want to have some credible leverage on your side.

The Columbus High guys had to know about the Nike side deal going in to the process. They’re not idiots. They’ve been dealing with contract negotiations much of their adult lives.
Agreed. I’m not a lawyer but I am confident these things can be worked out. We had people at Oregon this week for a reason.

Advertisement
Back