Nike deal

I checked Adidas’ site because I don’t find Miami gear in the places that I usually buy it.

I don’t generally buy clothes online so if there is some hidden gold mine of Adidas gear online that I have missed cool.

You said old head so I am guessing you are a younger guy. The type of Nike Miami gear I bought from the mid 90s on was pretty prolific. Hats, jackets, beanies, socks, all kinds of stuff.

I don’t see anything near that variety anymore. In store, online, or on the street worn by Miami fans.

Look, the adidas website is terrible for volume/variety.

For instance, adidas is the official LEAGUE supplier for both Major League Soccer and the NHL. If I go on the adidas website to buy either pro soccer or hockey gear, I MIGHT get about 6-8 items.

Then you go to Fanatics, and you can find DOZENS of official adidas-branded items for every pro soccer or hockey team. It's bizarre, since (just in the past year) you can find articles about how UnderArmour is pulling a lot of its stuff out of stores and selling directly from its own website, because they make more money that way.

Who knows, maybe adidas doesn't want to keep inventory for everything they make. Whatever the reason, it is still strange.

If you want Miami gear, check CanesWear, Fanatics, and the UM Bookstore (Follett). Even if you go to Hurricane Sports, the merch link takes you to Fanatics.

Advertisement
Fun fact, UM was the first school ever to have an exclusive contract with an an apparel company, which happened to be Nike. So believe it or not, the UM-Nike business relationship actually predates the Oregon-Nike business relationship.

Oddly enough, even though Phil Knight himself has been extremely generous to Oregon, Nike has dealt with them like any other school. Up to 2018, Nike had a larger deal with another Pac12 program, U Washington.

Last edited:
Perhaps, with Miami hiring a new AD, HC, and increasing their budget by 30 mil, Nike sees potential and willing to take the risk of paying buyout with Adidas. #businessmoves
Chicago Bulls Dunk GIF by NBA

Fun fact, UM was the first school ever to have an exclusive contract with an an apparel company, which happened to be Nike. So believe it or not, the UM-Nike business relationship actually predates the Oregon-Nike business relationship.

Uhhh, not quite so simple. The basic Oregon-Nike relationship has been around since Nike was founded (due to Phil Knight). The first pair of shoes Knight made was for an Oregon student-athlete in the 1960s. YES, Miami was the first full-apparel collegiate deal that Nike did in the 1980s. So, yes, our exclusive all-apparel contract pre-dated Oregon's. But Oregon had a non-exclusive business relationship with Nike from the beginning.

Advertisement
Its usually X..he trolls and even laughs about it....and folks here are like dont hate on them.
Yeah I seen a video of Street asking why they don't get credit, kinda hinting at it being a race thing, but I don't think that's the issue. I think he has someone on his team that clout chases so much the fans don't know if it's credible or if it's for RT's.

You cant be CANEville and ask a question to a kid like "why you think miami not recruiting you, they are messing up". Its counterproductive
I have to disagree with you here. I think that's a great question. A good interviewer is the voice of his audience. There have been countless times I've seen people on here ask "why aren't we recruiting 'insert player'".

I know that Miami people aren’t crazy about the adidas deal. I also know of former players and other influential people that believe Miami school. Just like most of us older fans. That hasn’t been a secret for awhile.

If Mario was to come I’d think there’s a shot we go to Nike or Jumpman. Also the adidas deal is more proof Blake is an absolute **** waffle.

Why?

Because of the 12 years?

Look, the adidas website is terrible for volume/variety.

For instance, adidas is the official LEAGUE supplier for both Major League Soccer and the NHL. If I go on the adidas website to buy either pro soccer or hockey gear, I MIGHT get about 6-8 items.

Then you go to Fanatics, and you can find DOZENS of official adidas-branded items for every pro soccer or hockey team. It's bizarre, since (just in the past year) you can find articles about how UnderArmour is pulling a lot of its stuff out of stores and selling directly from its own website, because they make more money that way.

Who knows, maybe adidas doesn't want to keep inventory for everything they make. Whatever the reason, it is still strange.

If you want Miami gear, check CanesWear, Fanatics, and the UM Bookstore (Follett). Even if you go to Hurricane Sports, the merch link takes you to Fanatics.

Yeah I got to get with the times and check it out.

I just was used to being able to get so much clean Nike gear locally in central Florida.

I don’t buy super high priced exclusive stuff and I still like shopping and trying out my stuff at the store. I know you can just send it back online but I’m not one of those people that hates driving or crowds. I like spending a day hitting up different malls, looking around, checking out the local female talent. I don’t think I will ever get tired of it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Uhhh, not quite so simple. The basic Oregon-Nike relationship has been around since Nike was founded (due to Phil Knight). The first pair of shoes Knight made was for an Oregon student-athlete in the 1960s. YES, Miami was the first full-apparel collegiate deal that Nike did in the 1980s. So, yes, our exclusive all-apparel contract pre-dated Oregon's. But Oregon had a non-exclusive business relationship with Nike from the beginning.

Yeah their HOF track coach was the creator of Nike shoe, so Oregon been rocking Nikes since the beginning. It’s just we were the first program to strike an apparel deal w/ Nike which started the trend we see today. I believe Michigan was the 2nd school to strike an apparel deal w/ Nike, but we pioneered that thing. Truth be told, Oregon’s track team had great success w/ the shoes which brought notoriety. Ppl might not remember, but Adidas was the top dog, but they made two mistakes:

1. Bad investments, including staying stagnant on products

2. They rejected MJ.

Advertisement
I don't mind adidas. They seem to make their shoe a bit wider. I got wide feet. Nikes feel too constricting on my feet
Yeah, I love adidas. I was never a big Nike guy amd I was glad Miami made the switch. I was under the impression that the adidas deal was much better financially for Miami. That said, I don't really care who it is, so long as they pay up and support the players.

Ohhhh okay.

A desire to do something and actually doing it are two different things.

And how ****ed off would Oregon been at Nike and Phil Knight for negotiating a quid pro quo deal to allow Mario to leave Oregon for Miami if Miami switched back to Nike

Logistical and contractually it’s not true
You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Like has been said if they lose Mario they will move on and have the money to hire whoever they want thanks to Phil Knight.

Advertisement
Yeah their HOF track coach was the creator of Nike shoe, so Oregon been rocking Nikes since the beginning. It’s just we were the first program to strike an apparel deal w/ Nike which started the trend we see today. I believe Michigan was the 2nd school to strike an apparel deal w/ Nike, but we pioneered that thing. Truth be told, Oregon’s track team had great success w/ the shoes which brought notoriety. Ppl might not remember, but Adidas was the top dog, but they made two mistakes:

1. Bad investments, including staying stagnant on products

2. They rejected MJ.
They also didn’t match the offer for Lebron.

All jokes aside Adidas makes the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever wore. But if you drop say an ink pen on your foot you could break a toe.
If we do switch (I’m guessing it’s less than a 50% chance) we going jumpman? Or swoosh?

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Like has been said if they lose Mario they will move on and have the money to hire whoever they want thanks to Phil Knight.
Three of their last four hires have been from within. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it again. Phil invests in the facilities but he doesn’t splurge on coaches, at least in recent history. Even their recruiting didn’t explode until Mario arrived.

Advertisement
Three of their last four hires have been from within. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it again. Phil invests in the facilities but he doesn’t splurge on coaches, at least in recent history. Even their recruiting didn’t explode until Mario arrived.
So I doubt there should be a bidding war over Mario, but getting some kind of apparel deal out of it might be the rub.

Promoting Joe Moorhead would make a ton of sense for Oregon.

Advertisement
Back