Nike deal

Hold on….

First of all, so The Adidas guys:

1. Ya’ll was cool w/ the feathers?
2. Ya’ll cool w/ Nesta & JHH looking like a high fashion model w/ shoulder pads sticking up?
3. Ya’ll cool w/ being The V?
4. Ya’ll cool w/ The C **** near looking like a lower case N w/ the crooked tilt?
5. Ya’ll was cool w/ the stencil’d letter?
6. Ya’ll was cool w/ the futbol, all white jawns? 7. How bout them tangerine orange & aqua blue joints we were given, u were cool w/ them?
7. Ya’ll been cool w/ our players getting zero drip to help w/ recruiting?
8. U straight w/ them turning their attention to UDub?
9. So let me get this straight, ya’ll happy w/ the fan gear?
10. U Gucci w/ them giving FIU “Miami Nights” jerseys to play at our old crib?

Like seriously, wtf do ya’ll be saying sometimes. It literally boggles my mind.
Fam you know better! No arguing with adidas hype beasts. Brand was irrelevant for a long time until some washed up rapper made them cool. NOT AN ATHLETE- A WASHED UP RAPPER. Now everyone wanna rock adidas. Clown behavior.

If your complaint is Nike made wack uniforms at the end fine I hear you. Tell them to keep it simple. But as a fan? Nah man we’ve suffered with the lousy gear since we left. I used to buy new Canes Gear every season. I’ve bought 3 shirts since we left Nike.

Advertisement
with local recruits.

You think they no the apparel provider?.

Also i know of them from before they even had a name.

Its usually X..he trolls and even laughs about it....and folks here are like dont hate on them.

The unnecessary trolling for attention for me is turned completely off. Also they blur the lines between fans/ journalist of the program or about the kids.
You cant be CANEville and ask a question to a kid like why you think miami not recruiting you, they are messing up. Its counterproductive
Chill bro, no, calling it out... I mean "hating" allowed.

Bro, so I commented on this a minute ago.

Adidas almost got Coach L fired w/ the FBI probe & put our b-ball team in jeopardy. The reason y Adidas broke bank on both KU & UL is b/c of the F up they did in recruiting. UL & KU r strong b-ball programs for Adidas, and they couldn’t lose them. I know for sure KU was looking to leave after what happened, but Adidas made a historic (for them) offer that KU couldn’t turn down.

Technically after The FBI probe, Miami could’ve split them. Furthermore, the way our contract was structured, yes Blake is an idiot & legal should’ve thoroughly vetted the language, but at the end of the day, THAT WAS ADIDAS’ LANGUAGE TO LURE US. The fact that they almost immediately went against their own contractural obligations w/ The UL deal, & we had to be promoted to remind them of their own language, should be cause.

However, it could be tricky b/c despite it all, we stayed. U’re talking about almost 5 yrs after the fact of the FBI probe, and 4 yrs after the contract discovery. It’s going to be tough, unless there’s other language that became compromised. Adidas can almost counter saying it was an oversight & they made it right.

B/c Miami is a private institution, the contract is not readily available to review, which is y we as fans, were all caught off guard when we found out the debacle of the language recently.
I think you are going to get your wish

Jesus here comes another nike vs Adidas thread. who's paying more? Adidas? ok then ima. fan. I don't really care what's moving or what isn't. if we were good, wed move everything we produce. also, the only time to shop the Adidas site is when they give you a nice coupon otherwise better off at fanatics or caneswear all canes. that's been the place to get most Miami gear regardless of apparel brand. ****, even the bookstore didn't have as much stuff as all canes
Agreed. Go with who pays more.

I like a few of my adidas swag that i bought from Caneswear, your one stop shop for all your Miami Hurricanes needs…

But if we go back to Nike… all of my Adidas stuff will be in Haiti the next day.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Btw all the people making jokes about possibly leaving for Nike or Jordan should calm it down a little. That is definitely something that’s been discussed.

Does Adidas want out? Otherwise how would this work in UM’s favor financially?

I want the Nike thing to happen just so the brand fan boys can stop posting 20 paragraph essays about how Adidas is trash and Jumpman logos are required to be cool.

The crap is all stitched in Vietnam by 9 year olds anyway. Its not like one company has Italian angels hand sewing the U logo in silk on the bottom of our shoes.

Advertisement
Does Adidas want out? Otherwise how would this work in UM’s favor financially?

Miami wants out. It may not be "in UM's favor financially" for the five remaining years of the adidas contract, but it would probably be better over the long haul.

Lots of people (including me) have underestimated how much certain people at UM (including alums) connect the adidas contract to Beta Blake. @Rellyrell can give you the whole story.

Not saying it is a certainty yet...but don't be surprised. I was surprised about a month ago when I first started hearing about this, I just thought it was random Blake-bashing, but it has substance.

Bro, so I commented on this a minute ago.

Adidas almost got Coach L fired w/ the FBI probe & put our b-ball team in jeopardy. The reason y Adidas broke bank on both KU & UL is b/c of the F up they did in recruiting. UL & KU r strong b-ball programs for Adidas, and they couldn’t lose them. I know for sure KU was looking to leave after what happened, but Adidas made a historic (for them) offer that KU couldn’t turn down.

Technically after The FBI probe, Miami could’ve split them. Furthermore, the way our contract was structured, yes Blake is an idiot & legal should’ve thoroughly vetted the language, but at the end of the day, THAT WAS ADIDAS’ LANGUAGE TO LURE US. The fact that they almost immediately went against their own contractural obligations w/ The UL deal, & we had to be promoted to remind them of their own language, should be cause.

However, it could be tricky b/c despite it all, we stayed. U’re talking about almost 5 yrs after the fact of the FBI probe, and 4 yrs after the contract discovery. It’s going to be tough, unless there’s other language that became compromised. Adidas can almost counter saying it was an oversight & they made it right.

B/c Miami is a private institution, the contract is not readily available to review, which is y we as fans, were all caught off guard when we found out the debacle of the language recently.
Thank you. You filled in the gaps with specifics but that was my general understanding of the situation.

We might of had a decent argument to terminate the contract, but the Miami staff didn’t even know about the breach, let alone e had the foresight to use it as an opportunity to get out of the deal. At a minimum renegotiate it for more money

I want the Nike thing to happen just so the brand fan boys can stop posting 20 paragraph essays about how Adidas is trash and Jumpman logos are required to be cool.

The crap is all stitched in Vietnam by 9 year olds anyway. Its not like one company has Italian angels hand sewing the U logo in silk on the bottom of our shoes.
Nike is Ferrari to Adidas Volkswagen

Advertisement
Miami wants out. It may not be "in UM's favor financially" for the five remaining years of the adidas contract, but it would probably be better over the long haul.

Lots of people (including me) have underestimated how much certain people at UM (including alums) connect the adidas contract to Beta Blake. @Rellyrell can give you the whole story.

Not saying it is a certainty yet...but don't be surprised. I was surprised about a month ago when I first started hearing about this, I just thought it was random Blake-bashing, but it has substance.
Honestly, this crap should be WAAAAAAAY down on the things that anyone cares about at this point. Get the big stuff right and then figure this dumb shizz out later. As if any coach or recruit is really going to turn us away because we're with Adidas instead of Nike.

Btw all the people making jokes about possibly leaving for Nike or Jordan should calm it down a little. That is definitely something that’s been discussed.
Flo on his show the other day said something about Nike being an obstacle with Mario, is it that Mario wants Nike or something else? @Cribby

Advertisement

I don't give a **** about the logos/quality. Quality is pretty close, at least for the primary shoes (not talking about the outlet store crap models). I'll wear what the U wears.

But as a company, Nike is stronger, and as a provider, Nike is better. Good lord, the UCF athletes get more merch from Nike than the UM athletes get from adidas. And I've already talked about how the "special edition" UM shoes have been straight garbage with the exception of Year 1 and this year. I have some "premium" UM special edition shoes that I would be embarrassed to wear in public.

adidas promised us more than they have delivered. I won't be mad if they just let us walk away.

Jesus here comes another nike vs Adidas thread. who's paying more? Adidas? ok then ima. fan. I don't really care what's moving or what isn't. if we were good, wed move everything we produce. also, the only time to shop the Adidas site is when they give you a nice coupon otherwise better off at fanatics or caneswear all canes. that's been the place to get most Miami gear regardless of apparel brand. ****, even the bookstore didn't have as much stuff as all canes

I don’t think u understand marketing or perception. Furthermore, u don’t understand upfront $ v. backend $. Hence u continue to say “who’s paying more.”

I’m not sure what line of business u’re in, but it’s not as simple “they r paying more money.” For instance, Bama is only making $5m/yr from Nike, yet they are making 15% of all Nike Bama sales. So if Bama is selling $10m worth of product/yr, they make an additional $1.5m. Guess what? Bama sells way more than $10m in products. They r the second highest merchandise mover behind Texas. So that $5m is contractually worth more than our deal, even though our upfront $ is more.

Advertisement
Back