Nike deal

Be careful what you wish for

herb-waters-ncaa-football-miami-georgia-tech1.jpg
Better than those feather uniforms adidas got us in 2016…

Richt made them go more traditional

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we are going to bs everyone at least have something that can't be easily disproven by simple research. Adidas is heavy on the Miami merch for both the student-athletes and the fanbase at large. That isn't the problem. The problem is that we have a ton of cultists that would blow Phil Knight if he asked him to, despite his company trying to ***** the University at contract time. Keep in mind, they backed up a truck to Tennessee and Michigan and they haven't won a **** thing in forever too. Yet, they gave Miami a garbage deal and tried to guilt trip the school into taking it by giving us that awful uniform template.

I don’t see it.

Seems like there was a much bigger selection of gear under Nike. In the stores and on Adidas’ website is slim pickings. Best thing has been the ultra boosts.

I can’t argue with the money part, that’s why I don’t complain much even though I HATE Adidas sports gear. I liked their casual wear but their football and basketball always sucked. The newer cleats are ok. Reebok was better. I don’t like Adidas’ version of our colors either. Too light.

Whatever happens, happens. I would love to see the U in the swoosh again. Comparing us to big state schools is off IMO. We don’t have the alumni base.

I don’t see it.

Seems like there was a much bigger selection of gear under Nike. In the stores and on Adidas’ website is slim pickings. Best thing has been the ultra boosts.

I can’t argue with the money part, that’s why I don’t complain much even though I HATE Adidas sports gear. I liked their casual wear but their football and basketball always sucked. The newer cleats are ok. Reebok was better. I don’t like Adidas’ version of our colors either. Too light.

Whatever happens, happens. I would love to see the U in the swoosh again. Comparing us to big state schools is off IMO. We don’t have the alumni base.
Who actually shops for team gear on the supplier's website? That hasn't been a place to get gear for the better part of two decades. Most people hit Fanatics, local team stores and the like for their gear. I got curious and went over to Jordan's website, and outside of some boilerplate stuff, there was nothing there. Adidas teams more with other merchants in regards to gear, you get your shoes from adidas.com or the app, but if you want a Miami sweatshirt, you'll most likely end up on Fanatics or a local shop's website.

I get it, we have a bunch of old heads that refuse to let go of the Nike hypebeast stuff. Never mind the fact that the designs and the like are pretty similar, the materials used are similar. Again, a forward thinking organization would see the potential of Miami to be a national brand, provided the program is doing well and would invest accordingly. Adidas is doing that. Nike won't, and never will. If I'm running a department, I won't team with other companies that don't treat me as a priority. We weren't a priority for Nike, even when things were going well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You really think this whole story is anything but total bullshlt, like we’re going to break a contract that’s going to cost us millions of dollars that we can use towards the football program? Why? So we can have a whoosh and make the lamest of the lame, i.e., Nike fan boys, happy?
Exactly. It’s 6 yrs left on this Adidas contract. I highly doubt Miami is breaking that.

Last edited:
Hold on….

First of all, so The Adidas guys:

1. Ya’ll was cool w/ the feathers?
2. Ya’ll cool w/ Nesta & JHH looking like a high fashion model w/ shoulder pads sticking up?
3. Ya’ll cool w/ being The V?
4. Ya’ll cool w/ The C **** near looking like a lower case N w/ the crooked tilt?
5. Ya’ll was cool w/ the stencil’d letter?
6. Ya’ll was cool w/ the futbol, all white jawns? 7. How bout them tangerine orange & aqua blue joints we were given, u were cool w/ them?
7. Ya’ll been cool w/ our players getting zero drip to help w/ recruiting?
8. U straight w/ them turning their attention to UDub?
9. So let me get this straight, ya’ll happy w/ the fan gear?
10. U Gucci w/ them giving FIU “Miami Nights” jerseys to play at our old crib?

Like seriously, wtf do ya’ll be saying sometimes. It literally boggles my mind.

If we are going to bs everyone at least have something that can't be easily disproven by simple research. Adidas is heavy on the Miami merch for both the student-athletes and the fanbase at large. That isn't the problem. The problem is that we have a ton of cultists that would blow Phil Knight if he asked him to, despite his company trying to ***** the University at contract time. Keep in mind, they backed up a truck to Tennessee and Michigan and they haven't won a **** thing in forever too. Yet, they gave Miami a garbage deal and tried to guilt trip the school into taking it by giving us that awful uniform template.
Just stop.

If u’re going to put out a narrative, make sure it can’t easily be disproven by a simple search & a guy who happens to post on here who not only has a frat brother who works for Nike, but a client who’s the nephew of the VP of Jordan Brand.

1. Nike had 1st right to refuse any deal offered. The deal offered by Nike was one Blake James felt was low, so Nike gave us their blessings to shop. Adidas & UA got into a bidding war, & per usual, Adidas made promises it couldn’t keep, namely, making sure no ACC Adidas branded school had a more lucrative contract than us.

2. Nike backed the brink truck to Michigan b/c Michigan hired the hottest name in coaching in Harbaugh. Harbaugh’s 1st request was to drop Adidas b/c of the perception it gives Michigan. Mind u, Michigan, like us, is an OG Nike school, & Nike did the same chit w/ Michigan. Ironically, Adidas did the same chit back in 2008, which was over bid for a fallen product. (Michigan was the highest compensated school at that time under Adidas). When the product didn’t come to fruition, they got bored w/ them. And actually, it was Charles Woodson, a JB athlete, that put that JB deal in motion.

3. Tennessee, on the other hand, was an original Adidas school; in fact, the last Adidas school to win a Nat’l title. Nike did not break the bank for them. LMAO; They received an 8 yr, $32m contract. UTK wanted to change its image, and again, THEY CHOSE to leave Adidas to go w/ the popular brand for perception purposes. Football team still sucks, but their other programs r doing just fine.

Again, u don’t have to put 20 inch rims on a 10 in wheel base. If u’re going to put a narrative out make sure it’s accurate. One last thing, from my understanding, the Nike offer was incentive based, and Blake wanted the guaranteed $. Also, even though UA was a strong brand at this time, even they wouldn’t offer the type of deal Adidas is offering. Why? B/c Adidas in 2015, was in a mono y mono war w/ Nike, desperate to make a dent in the P5 game. It’s failed & trust me, they r having buyers remorse, just like UA had w/ UCLA trying to accomplish the same.

And no, our merchandise ain’t moving, LIKE AT ALL. Maybe it is from the student sector, but definitely not from the fan sector, which is the bull of sales. Mostly everything is marked down, b/c it ain’t moving. U can go & check it out for urself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back