Nike deal

Advertisement
Yep. Meanwhile we rot with the **** adidas puts out.
It’s not like Nike was doing us any favors before we switched. The last few jerseys were dog****, the bra strap jersey being my most hated of all time. And it didn’t sound like the financials or player provided gear was meeting expectation. I’d love a Nike reunion but rarely does it enter my thoughts as a fan.

I like both Nike and Adidas, so I won’t **** on either. I’m just glad we aren’t an under armour school.

Advertisement
It’s not like Nike was doing us any favors before we switched. The last few jerseys were dog****, the bra strap jersey being my most hated of all time. And it didn’t sound like the financials or player provided gear was meeting expectation. I’d love a Nike reunion but rarely does it enter my thoughts as a fan.

I like both Nike and Adidas, so I won’t **** on either. I’m just glad we aren’t an under armour school.
If Nike comes correct next negotiating window, then let's rock with them. That said, the way they treated our student athletes and University the last contract was beyond unacceptable. I'm loyal to The U, period, not some apparel provider. If you do what you are supposed to do, and the student athletes are getting what they want and need, I'm all for it. If you are treating our student athletes like trash, then you can kick rocks.

That said, UA has been struggling for years, they've lost most of their collegiate brand stable.

All of those things have been explained previously on this thread and other threads.

Yes, the bra strap was not well-liked. But the smokes WERE well-liked, by the players and the fans.

As for what Beta Blake did in the last few years with Nike, he converted some of our uniform/equipment allotment into straight cash payments, which is why we saw a decline in what the players were getting from Nike. Essentially, Beta Blake created a bad situation from which he could emerge as the hero who created his own legacy by going to adidas.

Feel free to name any other school that is CURRENTLY complaining about their treatment and/or money from Nike. Hmmm, I wonder why...maybe Nike has figured out how certain ADs have gamed the system and blamed Nike, and they've come up with responses.

Besides, it's more likely we sign with Jordan Brand. Do you honestly think JB is a corner-cutter?

Let the past die. Beta Blake ****ed us. adidas is not some big-daddy protector, particularly after they tried to stiff us on the "most favored nation" clause after they signed Louisville to a big contract.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The older I've gotten, the more I have grown to appreciate Adidas for shoes. I actually prefer Adidas to Nike shoes in terms of comfort tbh. That said, Nike apparel as a whole ***** on Adidas. Feels like Adidas has not a single creative apparel person on their entire staff with some of the BS designs we've gotten from them in terms of fan gear. I'd be more than happy with Nike or Jordan brand for the next apparel deal.

The older I've gotten, the more I have grown to appreciate Adidas for shoes. I actually prefer Adidas to Nike shoes in terms of comfort tbh. That said, Nike apparel as a whole ***** on Adidas. Feels like Adidas has not a single creative apparel person on their entire staff with some of the BS designs we've gotten from them in terms of fan gear. I'd be more than happy with Nike or Jordan brand for the next apparel deal.
Bruh, it’s hard as **** to make a good looking shoe design, around a plain boring *** logo featuring 3 stripes.

Advertisement
I know it'll never happen but, bring me back UM Russell Jerseys and call it a day...Lol
FB_IMG_1683991410969.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back