New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

Honestly, a lot of ppl w/ $$ dress regular; itā€™s the ones w/o $$ that try to flex. My late grandfather was a multimillionaire & u would never know it. No flashy cars, dresses hella casual & at times too comfortable w/ holes in his t-shirts. Why? B/c he wanted ppl to assume he was broke & he would be left alone for stick up boys & money grubbing family members.

A real one šŸ‘†šŸ»

Also **** adidas

Advertisement
Manā€¦Fucc Adidas forever for having dem boys outchea tryna win a championship with weak, raggedy *** shoes on. Then having only one pair. How much Pack weigh? About 180-185? No basketball shoe should ever fail on a man that small. Before anyone try to compare Zion (Duke) blowing out his Kyrieā€™s (Nike) a couple years agoā€¦. itā€™s totally different. Zion was 265-270lbs, with the torque force of a LT4 350 Corvette engine. His shoes just couldnā€™t contain all of that force! A basketball shoe should hold together with a 185lb shooting guard running around the court.
I've said it once and I'll say it again: We have to have the most ignorant, ill-informed fans on the planet. This was a fluke happenstance, it didn't matter whether Nijel weighed 160 or 260, shoes fail. The only difference between this and what happened to Zion was that Williamson's sneaker failing happened during a home game, in a regular gym. Nijel had the misfortune of his shoe failing in a football stadium, where the locker room was a good 5-10 minute run away.

We are talking about sneakers, sneakers constructed by poorly paid kids in a random third world country, honestly I'm shocked that it doesn't happen more often, considering that most of these shoes are poorly constructed to begin with.

Infuriating. That took too long to resolve.
Take it up with the NCAA, who insists on having Final Fours in FOOTBALL STADIUMS, where locker rooms are far as **** away. Had this been a regular gym, it would have been a lot easier to resolve. Even with dude running to the locker room, grabbing the shoe and coming back, it took time.

Take it up with the NCAA, who insists on having Final Fours in FOOTBALL STADIUMS, where locker rooms are far as **** away. Had this been a regular gym, it would have been a lot easier to resolve. Even with dude running to the locker room, grabbing the shoe and coming back, it took time.
They brought him the wrong sizeā€¦

826EBC4C-E535-43CB-B78A-9087D1620D66.png

Our basketball players got ā€˜giftedā€™ this shoe IN A NORMAL COLORWAY for the final four. Not even a dope Canes PE or something. This **** is dumb cheap right now. Not like they gifted players a sick Harden 7 Canes PE for the programs first ever final 4, NO, they sent shoes to the players that are on the sale rack because they canā€™t get rid of them. I got these on the eastbay closing sale and after trying on I sold em on eBay for the same price maybe made $10ā€¦ they are *** although a cool concept.

Advertisement
I've said it once and I'll say it again: We have to have the most ignorant, ill-informed fans on the planet. This was a fluke happenstance, it didn't matter whether Nijel weighed 160 or 260, shoes fail. The only difference between this and what happened to Zion was that Williamson's sneaker failing happened during a home game, in a regular gym. Nijel had the misfortune of his shoe failing in a football stadium, where the locker room was a good 5-10 minute run away.

We are talking about sneakers, sneakers constructed by poorly paid kids in a random third world country, honestly I'm shocked that it doesn't happen more often, considering that most of these shoes are poorly constructed to begin with.

What a bold, presumptuous, disrespectful comment made to one of the nicest, non-confrontational posters on this board.

Whatā€™s more, if anyone is ill-informed on this particular subject matter, itā€™s you. Iā€™ve seen you make some of the most opinionated, and often false comments, & posed them as matter of facts.

I wish I had the energy to thoroughly reply to this, but I donā€™t; however, if u think itā€™s as simple as ABC as Uā€™ve tried to lay out, uā€™re wrong.

Zion shouldā€™ve never been in PG 2.5; in fact, Nike has a great guideline of what each shoe is designed for & the caliber of athlete/workout each shoe is designed for. If u think shoes r busting or breaking b/c of where theyā€™re being made in countries to reduced cost, then u have zero idea how the shoe industry works. Itā€™s called quality control. Regardless of where products are made, quality is thee most important bargaining chip for reputation.

Iā€™ll keep it real, Iā€™ve had Nikeā€™s bust on meā€¦air maxes particularly, & I take full responsibility for it. Years of playing hrs of b-ball on asphalt or concrete courts in the South or Cali. I have NEVER had any sneakers bust on me that I used exclusively in doors, whether thatā€™s gyms or b-ball court. I have a ton of Nikes from the 90ā€™s in **** near perfect condition. Regardless, thatā€™s neither here nor there; ur post is too elementary in theory, & disrespectful to a real one.

Bruhā€¦. I really could go in right nowā€¦. but Iā€™m gonna refrain because itā€™s obvious to me that you donā€™t truly get it, and I really donā€™t have the time. So Iā€™m gonna leave with this. No basketball shoe should EVER fail because a 175lb basketball player was playing basketball in them, on a gym floor. And if the unthinkable does happen, another pair should be, ā€œat the readyā€. That sequence ALONE, is an abject failure by our equipment provider. Call me what u want, but Iā€™ve been involved in athletics for all of my adult life (football and basketball) at the high school level, and a couple years at JUCO, and I know how **** should work. What we witnessed Sat. night, was not it.

What a bold, presumptuous, disrespectful comment made to one of the nicest, non-confrontational posters on this board.

Whatā€™s more, if anyone is ill-informed on this particular subject matter, itā€™s you. Iā€™ve seen you make some of the most opinionated, and often false comments, & posed them as matter of facts.

I wish I had the energy to thoroughly reply to this, but I donā€™t; however, if u think itā€™s as simple as ABC as Uā€™ve tried to lay out, uā€™re wrong.

Zion shouldā€™ve never been in PG 2.5; in fact, Nike has a great guideline of what each shoe is designed for & the caliber of athlete/workout each shoe is designed for. If u think shoes r busting or breaking b/c of where theyā€™re being made in countries to reduced cost, then u have zero idea how the shoe industry works. Itā€™s called quality control. Regardless of where products are made, quality is thee most important bargaining chip for reputation.

Iā€™ll keep it real, Iā€™ve had Nikeā€™s bust on meā€¦air maxes particularly, & I take full responsibility for it. Years of playing hrs of b-ball on asphalt or concrete courts in the South or Cali. I have NEVER had any sneakers bust on me that I used exclusively in doors, whether thatā€™s gyms or b-ball court. I have a ton of Nikes from the 90ā€™s in **** near perfect condition. Regardless, thatā€™s neither here nor there; ur post is too elementary in theory, & disrespectful to a real one.
All of This!!!ā˜šŸ¾ā˜šŸ¾ā˜šŸ¾ I didnā€™t really have the energy, mane.

Bruhā€¦. I really could go in right nowā€¦. but Iā€™m gonna refrain because itā€™s obvious to me that you donā€™t truly get it, and I really donā€™t have the time. So Iā€™m gonna leave with this. No basketball shoe should EVER fail because a 175lb basketball player was playing basketball in them, on a gym floor. And if the unthinkable does happen, another pair should be, ā€œat the readyā€. That sequence ALONE, is an abject failure by our equipment provider. Call me what u want, but Iā€™ve been involved in athletics for all of my adult life (football and basketball) at the high school level, and a couple years at JUCO, and I know how **** should work. What we witnessed Sat. night, was not it.
So, you expect Adidas to plan for something that most of us have seen AT MOST two times in the last 30+ years? Yep, make it make sense. Never mind the fact that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE KEEPS ADDITIONAL SNEAKERS ON THE SIDELINES. NO ONE. Usually, if a guy is having an issue with a shoe, someone runs to the locker room and grabs a pair. That happens in NBA games regularly, if a guy isn't feeling comfortable. That said, those shoes aren't on the sidelines.

We get it, you want to blame Adidas for something that no shoe provider should be blamed for, because it's more an example of horrific luck, than an actual flaw in the shoe design. For someone that allegedly works in sports, you sure as heck have a limited understanding of gameday logistics and responsibilities of the equipment staff. Again, this happens in a regular season game, in a regular gym, no one notices, Nijel sits for a couple of minutes. Frankly, the equipment manager bringing back the wrong size shoe is more an issue, because you have to make two trips. You'd think someone would have asked Nijel "What size shoe do you wear?" Then again, had this happened to someone like Omier or Wong, they would have been likely to borrow someone else's sneakers, while the manager goes and finds a replacement. I'm willing to bet that Nijel has the smallest feet on the team by far. It was a perfect storm of weird crap happening at the worst possible time. That said, some of you Nike jockriders are desperate to find anything to whine about in regards to Adidas.

Advertisement
So, you expect Adidas to plan for something that most of us have seen AT MOST two times in the last 30+ years? Yep, make it make sense. Never mind the fact that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE KEEPS ADDITIONAL SNEAKERS ON THE SIDELINES. NO ONE. Usually, if a guy is having an issue with a shoe, someone runs to the locker room and grabs a pair. That happens in NBA games regularly, if a guy isn't feeling comfortable. That said, those shoes aren't on the sidelines.

We get it, you want to blame Adidas for something that no shoe provider should be blamed for, because it's more an example of horrific luck, than an actual flaw in the shoe design. For someone that allegedly works in sports, you sure as heck have a limited understanding of gameday logistics and responsibilities of the equipment staff. Again, this happens in a regular season game, in a regular gym, no one notices, Nijel sits for a couple of minutes. Frankly, the equipment manager bringing back the wrong size shoe is more an issue, because you have to make two trips. You'd think someone would have asked Nijel "What size shoe do you wear?" Then again, had this happened to someone like Omier or Wong, they would have been likely to borrow someone else's sneakers, while the manager goes and finds a replacement. I'm willing to bet that Nijel has the smallest feet on the team by far. It was a perfect storm of weird crap happening at the worst possible time. That said, some of you Nike jockriders are desperate to find anything to whine about in regards to Adidas.
No! Not expecting Adidas to have a freaking crystal ball. Just asking them to make sure the athletes have a backup pair. Thatā€™s not too much to ask.

No! Not expecting Adidas to have a freaking crystal ball. Just asking them to make sure the athletes have a backup pair. Thatā€™s not too much to ask.
Again, they provide each player with multiple pairs of sneakers(They do refreshes regularly throughout the season too, to where you can easily have 8-10 pairs by the time the season ends), whether those student athletes pack them, whether the equipment manager has them on site isn't an Adidas issue, it's a planning issue. Keep in mind, Nike was so stingy on equipment, guys had to buy their own kicks, because outside of the team issued couple of pairs, Nike wouldn't give you anything extra. Nike treated us like dog crap for years, but the jocksniffers don't want to admit that. If Nike comes correct in the next negotiation cycle, then let's talk. Until then, they can kick rocks. I'll never get how so called Miami Hurricane fans can be more loyal to a shoe company than to the University itself.

@KANE

For the record, we have a dude on here defending the same company that

a) 5 months in to our specified contract stating we would be the flag ship of the ACC, made UL their flagship due to nepotism

b) Got the b-ball program caught up in a FBI probe, a probe that Coach L stated really hurt the program

c) Merchandise sales have declined since the switch

d) Used their site to off load non-U branded orange, teal, green items that they couldnā€™t sell on their main site.

Lol; ahhh man. Lol. Iā€™ve heard countless stories from this dude on this site; thank God I know ppl where Iā€™ve fact checked several things this dude has said on here.

For the record:
-College Football Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Baseball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Basketball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Womenā€™s Basketball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-NIT Tourney Winner: Nike
-CBI Tourney Winner: Nike
-College T&F Natā€™l Champ: Jordan Brand

But letā€™s continue to be repped by the company who said weā€™re going to lose $1.5b, being called out for cyphering $109m in unpaid wages at a Cambodia sweat shop during Covid, a company that just provided our b-ball w/ jail house, non branded sweat suits & discounted shoes from an athlete they donā€™t even endorse anymore. Lol.

I seen it b4, we have a couple of the most ill-informed posters in all of collegiate sports.

Last edited:
@KANE

For the record, we have a dude on here defending the same company that

a) 5 months in to our specified contract stating we would be the flag ship of the ACC, made UL their flagship due to nepotism

b) Got the b-ball program caught up in a FBI probe, a probe that Coach L stated really hurt the program

c) Merchandise sales have declined since the switch

d) Used their site to off load non-U branded orange, teal, green items that they couldnā€™t sell on their main site.

Lol; ahhh man. Lol. Iā€™ve heard countless stories from this dude on this site; thank God I know ppl where Iā€™ve fact checked several things this dude has said on here.

For the record:
-College Football Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Baseball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Basketball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-College Womenā€™s Basketball Natā€™l Champ: Nike
-NIT Tourney Winner: Nike
-CBI Tourney Winner: Nike
-College T&F Natā€™l Champ: Jordan Brand

But letā€™s continue to be repped by the company who said weā€™re going to lose $1.5b, being called out for cyphering $109m in unpaid wages at a Cambodia sweat shop during Covid, a company that just provided our b-ball w/ jail house, non branded sweat suits & discounted shoes from an athlete they donā€™t even endorse anymore. Lol.

I seen it b4, we have a couple of the most ill-informed posters in all of collegiate sports.
Exactly @Rellyrell !!! I try really hard not to get into message board arguments, at all costs. Debates are good for dialogueā€¦. but some of dese muhfuccas make it sooo gah**** hard not to, when they take a stance and refuse to listen to reason. Itā€™s like they standing in a corner with their fingers stuck in their ears.

Advertisement

Everything you just said is a lie. A flat-out lie.

It's 2023. Shoes are specifically designed. Yes, weight makes a difference. Zion was wearing a lighter shoe that was designed for quick movement and flexibility, and since that time Nike has customized a shoe FOR HIM that puts a premium on durability and support.

Stop lying that this was a "fluke happenstance". Nope. 67 games were played. How many other shoes blew out? Over 1,200 NBA games are played each season. How many other shoes blew out?

And, please, tell me about this locker room that was A GOOD 5-10 MINUTE RUN AWAY? What in the actual **** are you talking about? Remember, the middle of the field is in the same place for both football and basketball. So you are trying to tell us that FOOTBALL PLAYERS at that stadium have to RUN 10 minutes (assume an OL) just to get TO the locker room? And then another 10 minutes to RUN BACK at the end of halftime? Tell me again how long NFL halftimes are?

Finally, if you honestly believe that the game sneakers that are provided TO COLLEGE AND PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES are being constructed in sweat shops like they are mass-market Yeezys...

Look, everything you wrote is just a falsification. Whether you intended to lie or not, I have no idea. But you're wrong.

And I wouldn't blast you this hard if not for your arrogant opener where you're calling people "the most ignorant, ill-informed fans on the planet", just because we are calling out adidas for the CRAP they have been giving us. Oh, but you can ***** and moan about late-era Nike gear, but the minute that anyone calls out adidas, you call us "ignorant" and "ill-informed".

I don't come to your workplace to knock Blake James' **** out of your mouth...

HE DIDN'T HAVE A SPARE PAIR IN HIS SIZE.

When are you going to stop making false excuses?

Again, they provide each player with multiple pairs of sneakers(They do refreshes regularly throughout the season too, to where you can easily have 8-10 pairs by the time the season ends), whether those student athletes pack them, whether the equipment manager has them on site isn't an Adidas issue, it's a planning issue. Keep in mind, Nike was so stingy on equipment, guys had to buy their own kicks, because outside of the team issued couple of pairs, Nike wouldn't give you anything extra. Nike treated us like dog crap for years, but the jocksniffers don't want to admit that. If Nike comes correct in the next negotiation cycle, then let's talk. Until then, they can kick rocks. I'll never get how so called Miami Hurricane fans can be more loyal to a shoe company than to the University itself.

Stop lying.

Nike was not stingy.

Beta Blake converted the gear into extra money.

It's been discussed for years, but you keep telling the false story about "old man Nike being stingy with the gear".

You are a liar. And we are long past the time when you could plead ignorance with your lies. You have become a deliberate falsifier of information, a teller of tall and one-sided tales where Nike is always the bad guy and adidas is always the innocent hero.

And the reason why people like Nike is because Miami was the VERY FIRST all-sport/all-apparel deal that Nike did with ANY university, including Oregon and North Carolina, who came AFTER us. So, yeah, until Beta Blake showed up, we had a perfectly good AND LOYAL relationship.

Before Beta Blake started shorting the gear and taking extra money.

Advertisement

I agree with @Rellyrell and @KANE about the way you are coming at this and how dug in you are. Chill brah.

But I do agree that you are completely correct in that it's the University of Miami's responsibility (AD, hoop, equipment room, whomever) to not let our team walk out on the court without proper gear, regardless of whether ADIDAS sends the kids one pair or 100 pairs. I don't care if that means going to Foot Locker or whatever and reading ADIDAS the riot act afterwards. ADIDAS doesn't manage the team.

Advertisement
Back