New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

I had only a HS diploma at the time. Worked my *** off and saved every nickel I could.

Just a few weeks ago, a young couple - early 30ā€™s - bought the house next door. Listed for $325K but after a bidding war, Iā€™m guessing they paid $340K.

They said they put some money down so Iā€™m guessing they financed $300K. $300K @ 5% is about $1500 a month P & I. Add another $300 for taxes and insurance for a monthly mortgage payment of $1800.

Both have bachelorā€™s degrees - wifeā€™s in marketing and heā€™s in sales. They had the entire interior painted before they moved in and bought all new furniture. Both drive fairly new cars.

All that to say the real estate market right now is crazy but people are still buying. I canā€™t imagine an $1800 a month mortgage payment.
Not sure where you live but 300k in most of south florida might not even have a roof at this point lol

Advertisement
I had only a HS diploma at the time. Worked my *** off and saved every nickel I could.

Just a few weeks ago, a young couple - early 30ā€™s - bought the house next door. Listed for $325K but after a bidding war, Iā€™m guessing they paid $340K.

They said they put some money down so Iā€™m guessing they financed $300K. $300K @ 5% is about $1500 a month P & I. Add another $300 for taxes and insurance for a monthly mortgage payment of $1800.

Both have bachelorā€™s degrees - wifeā€™s in marketing and heā€™s in sales. They had the entire interior painted before they moved in and bought all new furniture. Both drive fairly new cars.

All that to say the real estate market right now is crazy but people are still buying. I canā€™t imagine an $1800 a month mortgage payment.
That's ridiculous. I feel for young people today, regardless of the trade/s they're in. In 93 I bought a home in Ft Walton Bch (11yrs old) for $72,000....3 bd 2 Bath with enclosed Garage (Hurricane Den), on a 60' Ɨ 120' Lot, with $3,500 down, and a Mortgage payment of $600.00 a month (including insurance)

That's ridiculous. I feel for young people today, regardless of the trade/s they're in. In 93 I bought a home in Ft Walton Bch (11yrs old) for $72,000....3 bd 2 Bath with enclosed Garage (Hurricane Den), on a 60' Ɨ 120' Lot, with $3,500 down, and a Mortgage payment of $600.00 a month (including insurance)
I donā€™t know how young people do it these days. I canā€™t imagine an $1800+ mortgage payment.

It was ā€˜79 when I bought my house. Interest rates were 9%. It was a 2-2 with a Florida room on 60ā€™ X 140ā€™ lot in Hollywood. $39K. Lol. Only had to put $500 down on an FHA first time buyers loan. PITI was about $400.

I looked about 5 years ago and that house sold for $300K about a year before.

I donā€™t know how young people do it these days. I canā€™t imagine an $1800+ mortgage payment.

It was ā€˜79 when I bought my house. Interest rates were 9%. It was a 2-2 with a Florida room on 60ā€™ X 140ā€™ lot in Hollywood. $39K. Lol. Only had to put $500 down on an FHA first time buyers loan. PITI was about $400.

Oh trust me, I know. The home in Ft Walton was on a 15yr (Fixed) Mortgage. But we made extra payments and it was paid off in 7yrs. The gentleman who we bought it from could've got $80,000 easily, if he was willing to wait a little while. But he was an officer in the Air Force, and was being transferred and wanted out from under it.

Advertisement

1800 is nothing. Mine is about what my rent was but my house was more expensive and I put 20 percent down. We also built the home so it was a new construction

I saw Billy Strings last weekend. He is amazing. I am getting ready for Jazzfest next month. I love that Panic made St Aug an annual thing.
Iā€™m friends (more like friendly, my cousin is his good friend) with his manager. I know many of the guys on his stage crew. Theyā€™ve all been with him for years, way before he blew up.

Advertisement
Itā€™s time to play another episode of What Would Rellyrell Wear.

@Rellyrell 1st upā€¦ would youā€¦

B0386AED-9E5E-4979-A6FD-88C3ACD23290.jpeg

???

Itā€™s time to play another episode of What Would Rellyrell Wear.

@Rellyrell 1st upā€¦ would youā€¦

???
Ok @Rellyrell Iā€™ll take that laughing emoji as a no. Weā€™re going to stick with vintage 3 stripe. Next upā€¦ would you walk around Europe - Italy, Franceā€¦ - where you are less famous and the Euro-honies you might meet on the town, donā€™t have a Nike addictionā€¦ in these red hotsā€¦

EF2E1FBE-8589-49BE-B957-C41FA7BD8A84.jpeg

???

Advertisement
Ok @Rellyrell Iā€™ll take that laughing emoji as a no. Weā€™re going to stick with vintage 3 stripe. Next upā€¦ would you walk around Europe - Italy, Franceā€¦ - where you are less famous and the Euro-honies you might meet on the town, donā€™t have a Nike addictionā€¦ in these red hotsā€¦

???

Advertisement

Ok Rell. Iā€™m 0-2 on this episode of What Would Rellyrell Wear. One more. Now, this pair is old schooooool - like Oran ā€œJuiceā€ Jones mentioned them in his song ā€œThe Rainā€ (and not in a complimentary way). But these take a man of extreme confidence to wear. They are vintage. They are so ugly, that you can style them like theyā€™re really not ugly - like a true trendsetter. This would be the equivalent of you starting the grandma jeans trend like those ***** look good.

Are you that guy who can carry the torch and make this statement like an unrivaled champion???

Would you style these bad boysā€¦

964AB43E-07CA-459F-919C-13650DF32F55.jpeg

Hush Puppies!!!
???

Ok Rell. Iā€™m 0-2 on this episode of What Would Rellyrell Wear. One more. Now, this pair is old schooooool - like Oran ā€œJuiceā€ Jones mentioned them in his song ā€œThe Rainā€ (and not in a complimentary way). But these take a man of extreme confidence to wear. They are vintage. They are so ugly, that you can style them like theyā€™re really not ugly - like a true trendsetter. This would be the equivalent of you starting the grandma jeans trend like those ***** look good.

Are you that guy who can carry the torch and make this statement like an unrivaled champion???

View attachment 234503
Hush Puppies!!!
???
These are so wrong, theyā€™re right. Relly could pull this off. I can feel it down in my plums.

View attachment 234503
Hush Puppies!!!
???

Whatā€™s ironic is all I use to sport for ā€œhoodā€ dress up were hush puppies & Wallabees (due to my affinity of Wu Tang).

The newer men Hush Puppies were suede, & I used to buy them from the Surplus stores, along w/ a good ole fashion Pro Club White Tee. Now the picture u have is a vintage, kid size Hush Puppies; no sir, couldnā€™t rock these Pinocchio specials.

Advertisement
Back