New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

5DF3AA70-36D3-4DF3-99EC-33E990A1D046.jpeg

This is the thread i meant to post these in!

Advertisement
I'll make this simple.

Is there a single popular "untouchable" Nike shoe that they haven't been willing to do in a university colorway?

On the other hand, adidas hasn't put our colorway on any Yeezys (pre-****-comments), Superstars, NMDs, Sambas, Stan Smiths, NOTHING...

...except for Ultraboosts.

Thanks, adidas...
There's not really any shoe that Nike holds in that high regards to make it "untouchable". Which makes it better for consumers. Adidas sucks as a consumer brand. They got it backwards.

If you changed the colors on those from Miami to just a generic black/grey/white that looks like a shoe you'd grab at Payless to slop around in.

God I hope good new is coming in the next year or two. The last 5 years I have never bought so little with regards to Miami gear. The only thing I really do like are the baseball game hats. I do like the way they sit.

Last edited:
Advertisement

$$ talks; & this may receive even bigger backlash.

Edit: Talk to my homegirl & even though she donā€™t work for Adidas anymore, sheā€™s still connected. Said this was a fan campaign & nothing official. Yeezy fans have been pushing this narrative via Twitter & other platforms. She also said thereā€™s another elephant in the room that was lightly reported; Ye created a hostile work environment for those on his team which is currently being litigated.

Last edited:
If you changed the colors one those from Miami to just a generic black/grey/white that looks like a shoe you'd grab at Payless to slop around in.

God I hope good new is coming in the next year or two. The last 5 years I have never bought so little with regards to Miami gear. The only thing I really do like are the baseball game hats. I do like the way they sit.
$$ talks; & this may receive even bigger backlash
Bruhā€¦.. Adidas must be on they way to tanking really bad if they contemplating going that route. Wow!!!

Bruhā€¦.. Adidas must be on they way to tanking really bad if they contemplating going that route. Wow!!!

Yeah; I edited my post. This is more internet talk vs. anything official. W that being said, honestly in my gut just knowing Adidasā€™ background, it wouldnā€™t surprise me. However, it would come w/ a bigger backlash that may affect not just $1b+ in revenue, but the absolute stability of the brand.

Advertisement
$$ talks; & this may receive even bigger backlash.

Edit: Talk to my homegirl & even though she donā€™t work for Adidas anymore, sheā€™s still connected. Said this was a fan campaign & nothing official. Yeezy fans have been pushing this narrative via Twitter & other platforms. She also said thereā€™s another elephant in the room that was lightly reported; Ye created a hostile work environment for those on his team which is currently being litigated.
lol Then they should have just punished him and not ended the partnership from the jump. They could have said he needs to do xyz for the relationship to continue and until he does that the deal is on pause. Ending it and then re kindling it is worse imo.

lol Then they should have just punished him and not ended the partnership from the jump. They could have said he needs to do xyz for the relationship to continue and until he does that the deal is on pause. Ending it and then re kindling it is worse imo.

Or maybe Kanye was never going to make any life changes until he lost his precious billionaire status. Who knows.

Yeah; I edited my post. This is more internet talk vs. anything official. W that being said, honestly in my gut just knowing Adidasā€™ background, it wouldnā€™t surprise me. However, it would come w/ a bigger backlash that may affect not just $1b+ in revenue, but the absolute stability of the brand.
Strange, he seems like such an even tempered friendly kind of guy. Who knew?

Advertisement
Advertisement

So as more info came out;

Adidas sold a lot of wolf tickets on what they were going to do w/ Yeā€™s shoe line, which I said they couldnā€™t. Turns out they were stuck on $500m of inventory at wholesale, w/ a projected loss revenue budget of $1.5b.

Adidas reached an agreement w/ Ye to offload that $500m, w/ no new releases or his line ever being sold. The details r a bit sketchy as Adidas is stuck between a rock & hard spot. Ye has since doubled down on his takes, only apologizing for spreading false information towards George Floydā€™s death. However, heā€™s gone to social media numerous times stating he got what he wanted, and made other innuendo comments about being forced to hide the truth.

Now, Adidas is stuck between offloading his merch to recover some equity to avert a full catalogue/portfolio loss, while facing scrutiny which further diminishes their reputation or bite the bullet & either destroy their inventory or donate it. Many feel they will try to monetize off of it, hoping to sway a good portion to buy, & deal w/ the consequences later.

View attachment 231720

@Rellyrell nike continuing to drop ā€˜Miami Hurricanesā€™ dubbed shoes? šŸ‘€

Yessir. And I have these. Nike has been very pro-Miami Hurricanes. Theyā€™ve released more shoes in our color way, literally calling it Miami Hurricanes in the past few yrs than Adidas has in this 8 yr partnership, & thatā€™s not an accident.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back