New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

@Rellyrell how much longer do I have to hold on to these for a big price jump
90759D9D-BFC9-48D9-82A5-08D1852452A8.jpeg

Advertisement
@Sigma_Cane_7 @RattlerCane305

Just saw FAMU just struck a Nike Deal today w/ LBJ gear. Good for them.

Told my boy at Nike that in order for LBJ to take his brand & Nike to the next level, you gotta treat his logo like the jump man. Not sure if FAMU is going to have the King James logo, but they will be wearing exclusively his shoes/gear.

I wanted that for Miami; that was something I mentioned.
Yeah bruh this is major. In the process of building the new Bragg Stadium (FAMU football house) so this def will encourage more donors to keep things on track. Loved the presentation by LBJ, because he didn’t have to do it that way. Also is great timing to keep that project on track. My wife and I have been talking about being a top donor for season Tix for years so this is a good sign. But with both UM and FAMU season Tix I’m going to be busy every weekend.

I was all Nike for years until as a joke I put on a pair of NB and was hooked from then on. Gotta get them grass stains on em to make them legit though! Now I'm also wearing Brooks and those are where its at for long days spent on your feet. I have wide feet so Brooks are one of the only shoes that fit good and feel great after 8+ hours a day on my feet.
You are def 30+ years old. I understand when you gotta think feet over fashion. I’m the same. I feel in love with Ultra Boosts. All I wear now. But I’m getting these LBJ FAMU joints. FA Sho!

You are def 30+ years old. I understand when you gotta think feet over fashion. I’m the same. I feel in love with Ultra Boosts. All I wear now. But I’m getting these LBJ FAMU joints. FA Sho!
I like the ultra boosts, but they're too narrow for my feet. I just turned 43 last Saturday, I'm all about comfort now. I start my days before the sun comes up and get home early around 730-8 at night but average is 9/10pm. Chasing the $$$!

I was all Nike for years until as a joke I put on a pair of NB and was hooked from then on. Gotta get them grass stains on em to make them legit though! Now I'm also wearing Brooks and those are where its at for long days spent on your feet. I have wide feet so Brooks are one of the only shoes that fit good and feel great after 8+ hours a day on my feet.

Yeah, NBs are great for wide feet, seriously. Comfort is everything.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell how much longer do I have to hold on to these for a big price jump View attachment 144220

Bruh; u r holding straight grails! U have a str8 lotto ticket, bruh. The price point did fall; they were going for almost $20k at one point. But I would sit on them, like The Air Yeezy’s Red October. At least for a couple yrs. I would expect another collab to happen, and then that V. 1 will be worth even more.

Yeah bruh this is major. In the process of building the new Bragg Stadium (FAMU football house) so this def will encourage more donors to keep things on track. Loved the presentation by LBJ, because he didn’t have to do it that way. Also is great timing to keep that project on track. My wife and I have been talking about being a top donor for season Tix for years so this is a good sign. But with both UM and FAMU season Tix I’m going to be busy every weekend.

Man, I’m happy for your Alma Mater bruh. Not too many HBCU’s get this type of love. I like they’re finally getting shine, but this is a big moment. Greatest current player in the NBA endorsing a HBCU?? Dope.

Bruh; u r holding straight grails! U have a str8 lotto ticket, bruh. The price point did fall; they were going for almost $20k at one point. But I would sit on them, like The Air Yeezy’s Red October. At least for a couple yrs. I would expect another collab to happen, and then that V. 1 will be worth even more.

That’s the plan, worst case I can still double $$

I have some clothing from the Dior/Jordan collab as well but there doesn’t seem to be too much interest in that

That’s the plan, worst case I can still double $$

I have some clothing from the Dior/Jordan collab as well but there doesn’t seem to be too much interest in that

Yeah; it’s crazy how trends go, fade, & then a rage to get it again comes out of no where.

I have a lot of dead stock shoes b/c my foot nor height changed since high school. Lol. Man, can’t tell you how many of my shoes were considered whatever, then boom, these $125 shoes became $700 or the $190 shoes became $1100. But then on the flipside, that $1100 becomes $650 after a while.

It’s a rollercoaster trend; truly like the stock market.

Advertisement
So comfortable...just bought some at ****s and forgot I can customize them. So here i am...I might buy 2 out of them all lol

Yeah man....and U’re def right about Adidas playing w/ us, bro. I’m very disappointed in their gear for the players. Too many shoes in their collection to cheat us on. The Top 10’s, Yeezy line, NMDs, Nite Walkers, etc...Bro, we should be laced. Jordan schools are getting custom 5’s, 1’s, 4’s...Nike schools are getting Pegasus, Zooms, Max’s, Soldiers....we get a shoe once every other year & they are dad shoes. Lol.

Advertisement
Yeah man....and U’re def right about Adidas playing w/ us, bro. I’m very disappointed in their gear for the players. Too many shoes in their collection to cheat us on. The Top 10’s, Yeezy line, NMDs, Nite Walkers, etc...Bro, we should be laced. Jordan schools are getting custom 5’s, 1’s, 4’s...Nike schools are getting Pegasus, Zooms, Max’s, Soldiers....we get a shoe once every other year & they are dad shoes. Lol.
Adidas is trash

I went to the sneakers store and told my kids adidas is garbage and they said they are amazing. I'm like Nike feels better and is built better. I was shocked that they said that

Advertisement
Adidas is trash

I went to the sneakers store and told my kids adidas is garbage and they said they are amazing. I'm like Nike feels better and is built better. I was shocked that they said that

Adidas signed Kanye after that epic rant & it immediately changed their perception. Then they hired 3 top designers away from Nike, which a lot of their shoes started to mimic classic silhouettes from Nike & new, unreleased designs (hence Nike sued Adidas & won a cease & desist order again those designers). Regardless, the damage was done. King then came up w/ an aggressive plan to rebrand Adidas’ image by reviving street wear & w/ their new connection w/ Kanye, began to tap in w/ artist & street wear designers, again, like they did w/ Run DMC.

They changed perceptions in the blink of an eye, then the NMD wave caught on. So they had a solid 3 yr run from 2014-2017. Then the wheels started to come off around mid 2018 from a whole bunch of factors. Now, they are stuck, trying to recreate the formula, but the juice ain’t there like it was. Nike took the body blows, and like a true champ, let Adidas wear themselves out before taking head shots. Per Business Insiders, in 2020 Nike/Jordan had 9 of the 10 top selling athletic/performance shoes, excluding The NMDs & per Vogue, Nike/Jordan Brand had 8 of the 10 top selling fashion shoes, except the Yeezy 350 & NB 992.

But credit to Adidas for riding that wave to get back to the #2 spot & changed ppl’s perception on them, especially the youth due to their fashion lines....but they’ve lost the formula, and their apparel sucks. There’s no symmetry & not aesthetically cohesive. That’s all their jerseys b/c they are a futbol sports company. That breathable, loose T-shirt chit looks good when muscular dude & shoulder pads aren’t involved. Hence letters look stretched, The U is a V, it slips off shoulder pads after any contact, and the last names look like a reading rainbow.

I’m glad for the loot they gave us, but I’m not cool about us not being the priority we were promised, their flagship program like we were promised, the off field gear, and the on field gear has been mediocre. Finally; an important game, due to our history w/ the facility, was played in 2019. We played a G5 school also from Miami, in FIU. 2017, we were given the “Miami Nights” jerseys. In 2019, they gave FIU black jerseys, and called them “Miami Nights.” To me, that was hella disrespectful.

Adidas signed Kanye after that epic rant & it immediately changed their perception. Then they hired 3 top designers away from Nike, which a lot of their shoes started to mimic classic silhouettes from Nike & new, unreleased designs (hence Nike sued Adidas & won a cease & desist order again those designers). Regardless, the damage was done. King then came up w/ an aggressive plan to rebrand Adidas’ image by reviving street wear & w/ their new connection w/ Kanye, began to tap in w/ artist & street wear designers, again, like they did w/ Run DMC.

They changed perceptions in the blink of an eye, then the NMD wave caught on. So they had a solid 3 yr run from 2014-2017. Then the wheels started to come off around mid 2018 from a whole bunch of factors. Now, they are stuck, trying to recreate the formula, but the juice ain’t there like it was. Nike took the body blows, and like a true champ, let Adidas wear themselves out before taking head shots. Per Business Insiders, in 2020 Nike/Jordan had 9 of the 10 top selling athletic/performance shoes, excluding The NMDs & per Vogue, Nike/Jordan Brand had 8 of the 10 top selling fashion shoes, except the Yeezy 350 & NB 992.

But credit to Adidas for riding that wave to get back to the #2 spot & changed ppl’s perception on them, especially the youth due to their fashion lines....but they’ve lost the formula, and their apparel sucks. There’s no symmetry & not aesthetically cohesive. That’s all their jerseys b/c they are a futbol sports company. That breathable, loose T-shirt chit looks good when muscular dude & shoulder pads aren’t involved. Hence letters look stretched, The U is a V, it slips off shoulder pads after any contact, and the last names look like a reading rainbow.

I’m glad for the loot they gave us, but I’m not cool about us not being the priority we were promised, their flagship program like we were promised, the off field gear, and the on field gear has been mediocre. Finally; an important game, due to our history w/ the facility, was played in 2019. We played a G5 school also from Miami, in FIU. 2017, we were given the “Miami Nights” jerseys. In 2019, they gave FIU black jerseys, and called them “Miami Nights.” To me, that was hella disrespectful.

Yep, all that. Adidas also was doing some fantastic collabs. Nike was sleeping at the wheel with respect to collabs while adidas was picking up steam bc of it (yes, nmd, yeezy and UB were big adds but the connection with the streetwear designers was the catapult imo).

Even still, I think adidas has superior collabs than Nike. There’s only so many AJ1 unique color way releases one can do. Jmo

Yep, all that. Adidas also was doing some fantastic collabs. Nike was sleeping at the wheel with respect to collabs while adidas was picking up steam bc of it (yes, nmd, yeezy and UB were big adds but the connection with the streetwear designers was the catapult imo).

Even still, I think adidas has superior collabs than Nike. There’s only so many AJ1 unique color way releases one can do. Jmo

Yeah, Adidas collab w/ Sean Weatherspoon, Pharrell, Kanye, Beyoncé is great....but, The Virgil collab wrecked Adidas. “The 10” collection put Nike right back on top. Then Travis Scott took it to another level, as far as hype beast. Now w/ Drake in hand & a lot of the fashion houses (Dior, Vogue, Ambush, Kith), along w/ a lot of top female designers from both the U.S & China, they kinda put a strangle hold on the market.

The Beyoncé collab is 5 yrs too late. Pharrell is cool, but pulling Fear of God designer, Jerry Lorenzo, from Nike was huge....but they have him over their b-ball shoe designs. He’s a fashion wear guy, and my boy played ball in FOG 1, just b/c he saw PJ Tucker do it...lol. He said they were uncomfortable af. Lol. Great to style in, but not so much athletically sound, so I’m wondering how that’s going to work out.

My homegirl is waiting to hear back from Nike on her offer...she wants to go to The Converse division b/c she said that’s the new up & comer as far as fashion design. Nike is reinvesting in Converse & they r starting to collab w/ high end designers, too.

Yeah, Adidas collab w/ Sean Weatherspoon, Pharrell, Kanye, Beyoncé is great....but, The Virgil collab wrecked Adidas. “The 10” collection put Nike right back on top. Then Travis Scott took it to another level, as far as hype beast. Now w/ Drake in hand & a lot of the fashion houses (Dior, Vogue, Ambush, Kith), along w/ a lot of top female designers from both the U.S & China, they kinda put a strangle hold on the market.

The Beyoncé collab is 5 yrs too late. Pharrell is cool, but pulling Fear of God designer, Jerry Lorenzo, from Nike was huge....but they have him over their b-ball shoe designs. He’s a fashion wear guy, and my boy played ball in FOG 1, just b/c he saw PJ Tucker do it...lol. He said they were uncomfortable af. Lol. Great to style in, but not so much athletically sound, so I’m wondering how that’s going to work out.

My homegirl is waiting to hear back from Nike on her offer...she wants to go to The Converse division b/c she said that’s the new up & comer as far as fashion design. Nike is reinvesting in Converse & they r starting to collab w/ high end designers, too.

I don’t get too much into the designers but you make good points. I think the overall point is when Nike is focused, that’s a rap. Adidas crept up bc Nike got fat and lazy. I don’t get the FOG designs, tbh.

converse is an interesting one. I used to be a Jack Purcell fan and converse used to do really
Neat color ways/styles with that shoe and even chucks but then they just stopped, it seems. I think the chucks, etc is such an iconic shoe that there is so much potential.

People sleep on NBs (997/327/etc) but I really dig the collabs they have with designers. I’m also an ASICS gel lyte iii fan - what a great shoe with amazing color ways.

Advertisement
Back