Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

Cam McCormick? How is he flipping a script?

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Advertisement
It seems to never be enough for the fat-bodied Type 2's in the thread. The loudest whiners who think they know about sports. Tons of those snowflakes in here. With all that being said, this is a solid hire. Guy has Natty winning experience as a player, coached at Tier 1 schools under solid HC's and ground his teeth at the lower levels to get experience. Now he has a shot to shine with an outstanding DC who is DB friendly in Guidry.

To the ******* and moaners (WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE - ****, EVEN YOU KNOW THAT WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE)....embrace the hire and quit the *****ing. GO CANES!

I just got back into this after some time away and now seeing all this stuff from these posters and you can just tell some of these jits are baby **** soft. Same type dudes you find holding pockets and giving up a fruitcup out at blackwater foxtrot dorm boys. Thats before the vid got all them ******* acting gangsta. Leave them out at South Bay delta for a few mnonths and watch how they come out walking. If they lucky to be walking.

On the real I dont know if thats your real pic but if it is did you spend any time at South Bay in 2021/2022? I aint saying its you but I know that dude in your pic from somewhere... maybe South Bay?

Advertisement
I just got back into this after some time away and now seeing all this stuff from these posters and you can just tell some of these jits are baby **** soft. Same type dudes you find holding pockets and giving up a fruitcup out at blackwater foxtrot dorm boys. Thats before the vid got all them ******* acting gangsta. Leave them out at South Bay delta for a few mnonths and watch how they come out walking. If they lucky to be walking.

On the real I dont know if thats your real pic but if it is did you spend any time at South Bay in 2021/2022? I aint saying its you but I know that dude in your pic from somewhere... maybe South Bay?
Confused Will Ferrell GIF

For whatever reason, we continued the silly trend of recruiting & Portaling in Slower Safety Hybrids at CB, because the premium had been placed on tackling. I would imagine Guidreaux & Chevis will be allowed to shape the DB room more to their liking, assuming they're both still here for the 25 season.

View attachment 283044

Why does any of this matter? Because this was taught to the CB. How do I know that? Because most Corners (particularly ours) when playing Bail technique have the tendency to get nervous & break eye discipline, they start staring at the WR & wind up getting beat even though they've already won the leverage battle off the release.

I have cataloged & could show you numerous times where our Corners while playing Bail make the dumb mistake of taking an unnecessary step back towards the sideline while in their back-pedal, which allows for the WR to gain inside leverage at the top of his break if it's a Slant or Bang 8 route. It's extremely frustrating to watch because you tell your Corners all week in practice there's only 3 routes that can be run out of this look & all you have to do watch the QB's eyes...

But this is just another example of Chevis's teaching ability. Yes Micah is a great CB in his own right, but trust me, very few Cornerbacks understand how to properly play Bail coming out of HS & most still don’t know in college lol.

My dawg. Always come thru with da A1 Perico.

Complained ad Nauseam about 22 at corner and all the other bad hips weve had over the years.

I dont think ive seen any coach come here and teach, even the basic of techniques, properly.

Often ive seen us lose discipline and open our hips too soon, shoulders not square causing us to get beat by simplistic routes. I mean to many times our receivers are playing mirror press or mirror bail and we have our hips open at the snap of the ball.

If we jam, we dont move our feet and get put on our heels. All the jams have been 1 hands tech, barely any 2. Which is understandable because of the risk but still should be taught.

What I love about the clip with Micah is that the kid understands where his help is, knows what routes to expect from film, and he understands hes got enough space not to beeak open hips and a heavy stride allowing the WR to feel as if he still has to do more than what hes doing to get open and also giving you the balance to adjust to a comeback route if necessary. Perfect presnap alignment and understanding where the sideline spacing is allows him to, not only look at the QB but also use his peripheral to guage the stem of the route and the wr commitment without over committing. You legit cant play these coverages without this technique.

Same with Prunty and the 1 arm Jam. Beautiful thing is he doesnt commit to the jam too early or at snap.. waits until the stem and commitment to the route so it allows him to nullify the step because the Wr slowd himself down to remove the hand. I personally like it when they press down the inside hip and push the wr away from potential launch point. Risky but it works when you get the technique down.

Pure technique. Jimmys and Joe's is the hoes for the Pimp that is Xs and Os.

Last edited:
Imagine what rebuilding a struggling unit at the U can do for your career. Also will be interested to see who he prioritizes on his big board for the CB position. DJ Pickett is an obvious # 1 but I wouldn't be surprised to see new names emerge and like Memnon said its awesome to have a guy who can properly eval kids and get the best out of them so if he wants a 3 star rated kid we don’t have to freak out or question it so much.
My brother, if you genuinely feel these people on here wouldn't freak out if we sign several 3 stars at cb than you're becoming delusional kind sir. We all know faith is not something a good chunk of people on here get into.

My dawg. Always come thru with da A1 Perico.

Complained ad Nauseam about 22 at corner and all the other bad hips weve had over the years.

I dont think ive seen any coach come here and teach, even the basic of techniques, properly.

Often ive seen us lose discipline and open our hips too soon, shoulders not square causing us to get beat by simplistic routes. I mean to many times our receivers are playing mirror press or mirror bail and we have our hips open at the snap of the ball.

If we jam, we dont move our feet and get put on our heels. All the jams have been 1 hands tech, barely any 2. Which is understandable because of the risk but still should be taught.

What I love about the clip with Micah is that the kid understands where his help is, knows what routes to expect from film, and he understands hes got enough space not to beeak open hips and a heavy stride allowing the WR to feel as if he still has to do more than what hes doing to get open and also giving you the balance to adjust to a comeback route if necessary. Perfect presnap alignment and understanding where the sideline spacing is allows him to, not only look at the QB but also use his peripheral to guage the stem of the route and the wr commitment without over committing. You legit cant play these coverages without this technique.

Same with Prunty and the 1 arm Jam. Beautiful thing is he doesnt commit to the jam too early or at snap.. waits until the stem and commitment to the route so it allows him to nullify the step because the Wr slowd himself down to remove the hand. I personally like it when they press down the inside hip and push the wr away from potential launch point. Risky but it works when you get the technique down.

Pure technique. Jimmys and Joe's is the hoes for the Pimp that is Xs and Os.
Nah. Far as the coaching angle goes mike was never an issue with technique. Recruiting was the only issue anyone could have. Fair or not.

Advertisement
My brother, if you genuinely feel these people on here wouldn't freak out if we sign several 3 stars at cb than you're becoming delusional kind sir. We all know faith is not something a good chunk of people on here get into.
It would be alarming but if they were all 6'1 with intangibles I wouldn't complain. Similar to my approach with OL with a ton of size(big pause). My biggest request is speed in the secondary. Second would be cutting down on the amount of 5'10 guys. So fat it looks like Chevis is making an emphasis on fixing that.

And people should freak out about it.
Mario himself would freak out about it.

You're right. I tend to attempt to inject hopeful optimism onto the masses when I can but I guess all I was alluding to was glad to have a guy known for some evaluation chops in the event we take a 3 star CB unlike other recent coaches.

Advertisement
Nah. Far as the coaching angle goes mike was never an issue with technique. Recruiting was the only issue anyone could have. Fair or not.

Nah youre right. He was a good technical coach. Definitely doesnt deserve to be overshadowed. No disrespect to Rumph.

My bad. I tend to forget to give him his flowers because he had the only sound technical unit on a defense full of units not sound.

The more guys who we replace off the 2022 staff the better. I don’t know if there has ever been a bigger fail when it comes to hiring a first year staff at a new school. Every single coach besides the two guys Mario brought from Oregon is gone.

Thankfully Mario focused on signing that 2022 class which is full of guys who totally contribute instead of hiring a real staff.
I think Hugh Freeze (Auburn) may have similar replacement stats from season 1 to now.

View attachment 283044

This is textbook Bail technique from Micah Abraham. He's squaring himself off back to the sideline because he understands he's playing to inside leverage, so there's absolutely no reason to turn, the sideline is his extra Defender.

Shows really good eye discipline, he didn't even look at the WR because it's not necessary, there's only a select few routes that can be ran here, Back shoulder fade, Slant, or a Bang 8. If it's a Back-shoulder the CB is going to Box out the WR by pressing towards the inside hip of the WR & essentially running him out of bounds. If it's a slant you play towards the outside shoulder get your hands underneath for a PD or play over top. If it's a Bang 8 you read the QB's eyes at release & undercut the route to get to the ball. You do this by reshuffling your feet & changing your launch point by cutting at the angle towards the ball getting upfield & beating the WR to the spot.

Why does any of this matter? Because this was taught to the CB. How do I know that? Because most Corners (particularly ours) when playing Bail technique have the tendency to get nervous & break eye discipline, they start staring at the WR & wind up getting beat even though they've already won the leverage battle off the release.

I have cataloged & could show you numerous times where our Corners while playing Bail make the dumb mistake of taking an unnecessary step back towards the sideline while in their back-pedal, which allows for the WR to gain inside leverage at the top of his break if it's a Slant or Bang 8 route. It's extremely frustrating to watch because you tell your Corners all week in practice there's only 3 routes that can be run out of this look & all you have to do is watch the QB's eyes...

But this is just another example of Chevis's teaching ability. Yes Micah is a great CB in his own right, but trust me, very few Cornerbacks understand how to properly play Bail coming out of HS & most still don’t know in college lol.

Advertisement

Can someone translate?

I'm getting the "porsters are soft in a get prison loved kinda way, but if you spent time where I'm from you'd be taking fruitcups from *******" kinda vibe.

How'd I do?

Advertisement
Back