Muschamp as UM's DC

Advertisement
According to Muschamp's contract, if he gets fired, he gets $2 million multiplied by the number of remaining years on his contract payable in 5 yearly installments. See below:

Capture.JPG

If I were Golden, I would sell it to Muschamp by telling him he can have full control of the defense and have an opportunity to beat UF in recruiting ever year. Alas, Muschamp is the one person Golden honestly dislikes so he won't end up being the DC but it isn't because of the money.

Full contract: http://media.ledger-enquirer.com/static/SEC-Coaching-Contracts/Florida/florida-Muschamp-Will.pdf

According to Muschamp's contract, if he gets fired, he gets $2 million multiplied by the number of remaining years on his contract payable in 5 yearly installments. See below:

View attachment 26742

If I were Golden, I would sell it to Muschamp by telling him he can have full control of the defense and have an opportunity to beat UF in recruiting ever year. Alas, Muschamp is the one person Golden honestly dislikes so he won't end up being the DC but it isn't because of the money.

Full contract: http://media.ledger-enquirer.com/static/SEC-Coaching-Contracts/Florida/florida-Muschamp-Will.pdf

Golden and Muschamp will never work together.

The Chump is an ELITE DC. But he's going to get scooped up by an SEC or Big 12 school who values what he brings. UM looks down upon people with funny accents because we are so "above the fray."

Texas A&M would be too perfect a fit. Their defense is trash, plus he'd get back into Texas and still be SEC.

Golden probably hates muschamp for all that negative crootin during the Shapiro era
Not happening.

Advertisement
Bottom line you get what you pay for, in the NCAA today you need top notch position coaches to win! EX: Kirby Smart and Chad Morris, both get paid top dollar as a coordinatior. I have a feeling that's the excuse card Golden pulls at the end of the season, saying he doesn't have enough money to buy the staff he needs, and if the last 10 years of mediocrity doesn't make the BOT want to open their pockets up then this program has bigger issues than Golden

What is the point of having a DC as a head coach if we dont even run the defensive scheme he believes in. Fire him as coach and hire him as the AD if you like his public speaking, fund raising, wholesome whatever image or whatever.... then hire someone that can coach.

Advertisement
And for those of you saying Golden would never want Muschamp to be his DC because he recruited against him by using the sanctions is just plain stupid! I'd hope if UF was under sanctions Golden would do the same! It's your rival school, when their down your supposed to kick them. If Golden is mad at Muschamp he needs to stop being a baby and do what's best for the program and a hire like Muschamp would help tremendously, and if Golden can't see that he'll be selling cars at a KIA dealership in New Jersey within 2 years.

It's time you guys realize that D'Onofrio is going nowhere. If you have Golden, you have D'Onofrio. There is no disconnect between the two. Al is not firing his buddy. This scenario is not only implausible, it is a fantasy. The only way to fix the team is to fire Golden. The earlier you realize this, the earlier the administration realizes this, the earlier we can get back to finding a coach who can win us a national championship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back