More thoughts on Pringle to Miami

Advertisement
CJ is gonna be the comp here for Pringle, but as hyped as Johnson’s speed was out of high school, Pringle seems to be a for more instinctive and decisive RB. Pringle is hitting holes and following blocks A LOT more than CJ was coming out of HS in the tape. Seems to have more patience THEN burst whereas CJ was trying to race to the sideline a lot and just kill with track speed. I’m much higher on Pringle (but I’m really rooting for CJ to have a big year)

I think recruiting Hall of Fame safeties would be a smart goal yes
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

When I said we needed a back that could take it the distance and was explosive this is a kid who fits the description of what this offense needed

Advertisement
What gets me excited is the potential for multiple of these guys on the field at the same time…put them both in the backfield, flex one out to the slot with motion. Add that to a big oline and a tight end that can move and you’ve got mismatches all over the field

Advertisement
CJ is gonna be the comp here for Pringle, but as hyped as Johnson’s speed was out of high school, Pringle seems to be a for more instinctive and decisive RB. Pringle is hitting holes and following blocks A LOT more than CJ was coming out of HS in the tape. Seems to have more patience THEN burst whereas CJ was trying to race to the sideline a lot and just kill with track speed. I’m much higher on Pringle (but I’m really rooting for CJ to have a big year)

Pringle is a much better pure RB prospect than CJ was, it isn’t even close. CJ’s jr tape was extremely underwhelming. To his credit, his sr tape was a complete 180, but it still didn’t appear natural to him. But that’s okay, that’s what coaching is for. You take his traits all day and get the most you can out of him.

It sure does when you have a real OL...let's hope that keeps being our real focus. Trenches, trenches trenches...
Good blocking will open up holes in the initial line of defense. That will get you three or four yards. The difference between an average back and a great one is what he does from there. Last year, our guys would get 4,5,6 yards. Which is fine but the best running backs turn those 6 yard gains into 20+ yarders. We have a lack of explosion at running back. Our most consistent running backs (Parrish was one of them) didn’t have the juice to break a ton of long runs. Fletcher is 230lbs, he’s not built for that. Our one running back with breakaway speed still tries to bounce everything outside and hasn’t learned the nuances of playing running back. We need a guy with the instincts and vision Parrish has but the speed to run away from guys when he gets an opening

Advertisement
Good blocking will open up holes in the initial line of defense. That will get you three or four yards. The difference between an average back and a great one is what he does from there. Last year, our guys would get 4,5,6 yards. Which is fine but the best running backs turn those 6 yard gains into 20+ yarders. We have a lack of explosion at running back. Our most consistent running backs (Parrish was one of them) didn’t have the juice to break a ton of long runs. Fletcher is 230lbs, he’s not built for that. Our one running back with breakaway speed still tries to bounce everything outside and hasn’t learned the nuances of playing running back. We need a guy with the instincts and vision Parrish has but the speed to run away from guys when he gets an opening
Yep, and to my point...he needs to get there first. Much of our fanbase is just figuring that out after watching Saban and the other powers spending fortunes on the best OL and DL, while they only wanted the fastest RB with the fastest wide outs, and then wondered what went wrong. lol

For the lazy man (SIAP) how does this compare to other speed backs in years past? Jeff Demps/Chris Rainey type speed?

Advertisement
Its that burst that remind me of Freeman but just a better explosion, Pause. Someone brought up Gibbs as a comparison and I agree. Much better prospect than CJ just cause of that alone......his short area burst is something we haven't had here in ages. Pause

Pringle’s got speed but he’s also got some weight to him already, not out of the realm of possibility to have around 190 by the time he’s on campus.

The only long run I can recall was Fletcher’s 55-yard TD vs Virginia. He had chances to break others but didn’t seem to see the lane or cut back. I may be wrong…
But he’s the perfect example of long speed that takes too long to get going. Can that improve; I’m sure a little but not to where it’s game breaking.

Advertisement
Back