Junior
Here's Miami's RB's in April 2022, and where they are now in April, 2024:

Don Chaney - Louisville
Jaylan Knighton - SMU
Thad Franklin - Louisiana Monroe
Henry Parrish - In Portal (Ole Miss?)
Trevonte Citizen - In Portal
Cody Brown - UVA, back In Portal

It's crazy how this all shook out over the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's Miami's RB's in April 2022, and where they are now:

Don Chaney - Louisville
Jaylan Knighton - SMU
Thad Franklin - Louisiana Monroe
Henry Parrish - In Portal (Ole Miss?)
Trevonte Citizen - In Portal
Cody Brown - UVA, back In Portal

It's crazy how this all shook out over the last 2 years.
1.jag
2.fumbling jag
3.jag
4.serviceable jag
5.injuries probably turned into a jag
6.slow jag

Advertisement
It was originally thought we would go after one RB in the portal, but now based purely on a depth vantage point, I’m thinking we need at least two now probably, right?
Yup, if the coaches believe fletch might not be back at all this year we’re definitely taking two. Gotta have a stud and a serviceable backup…. Idk if they trust the young pups right now to shoulder that load CJ24, Lyle, hellcat, or Allen who seems to get banged up easily.

Advertisement
More to come in the exodus…
Yeah I got that. I'm on board with us definitely taking one RB and I'm ok with two, but the second better be really, really good as well. We have "depth" in our young guys. We don't need another scholarship eater who doesn't play. My opinion is that we should just take one diesel back (Martinez) and see who steps up out of what's left.

Advertisement
Yeah I got that. I'm on board with us definitely taking one RB and I'm ok with two, but the second better be really, really good as well. We have "depth" in our young guys. We don't need another scholarship eater who doesn't play. My opinion is that we should just take one diesel back (Martinez) and see who steps up out of what's left.
Of the healthy and available young guys none is a real RB at this point. They are scat backs. MC will not roll this season as the featured/backup rb’s.

Of those Thad Franklin was the biggest embarrassment to me. The other guys tried and contributed. Thad was a beat that was soft. He played like a *****. I feel like a 5' 6" 130lb linebacker could crush him.

Advertisement
I said last November that a minimum of 1 of Parrish, Citizen, Chaney…And a possibility of all 3 would not be on this team (I figured 2 gone would be the most likely number)

But with the Fletcher injury I do believe all 3 gone is a bit of a problem and that Don Chaney would look **** good on this team right now. At least Lofton seems to have emerged in the Chaney role.

Chaney-couldn’t stay healthy
Knighton- fumbled every 3 snaps, locker room cancer
Franklin-soft jag
Brown-jag
Parrish-Fell over if you poked him with your finger
Citizen-couldn’t stay healthy

I said last November that a minimum of 1 of Parrish, Citizen, Chaney…And a possibility of all 3 would not be on this team (I figured 2 gone would be the most likely number)

But with the Fletcher injury I do believe all 3 gone is a bit of a problem and that Don Chaney would look **** good on this team right now. At least Lofton seems to have emerged in the Chaney role.
The only experience at the position Miami currently has is Allen and Fletcher and both are dealing with injuries. Getting Martinez is a must.

Advertisement
Back