Miami @ UNC Mon, Feb 26, 7:00 PM EST

Advertisement
he would never play aggressive defense like that because he refused to play and empower a bench in November and December and tried to play 6 guys all year and win games 85-84. Coach L has had a poor season. Nwoko, Watson, Djobet and Robinson should have been in the mix from the jump, so they could carve out a niche. Now they are just playing because they have to so of course they are no threat offensively but they give the team something defensively with size and versatility.
This really is spot on here

I cannot say much but i just got back to Miami from the UNC game. Just know Wooga was not injured. I don't know how to describe it but just know he is not hurt or any family issues. Also we need to give a major S/O to Nijel packs dad who made a serious difference tonight. He was the one screaming during UNC's free throws making them miss.

Advertisement
I cannot say much but i just got back to Miami from the UNC game. Just know Wooga was not injured. I don't know how to describe it but just know he is not hurt or any family issues. Also we need to give a major S/O to Nijel packs dad who made a serious difference tonight. He was the one screaming during UNC's free throws making them miss.
How can you confidently say Wooga wasn’t hurt?

This all would be much easier if we saw a bunch of young guys getting burn and developing before our eyes for the future. But it’s the complete opposite.

The fact that I can’t see Djobet and Nwoko get consistent minutes on a team that has lossed 7 straight blows my god **** mind considering they are the only two players providing a glimmer of hope going into next season.

We’re way too small and we’ve been way to small all season.
I agree but the same could be said about last season where we got to the Final Four. We were just as small then, with our "big man" under 6'6 (Omier). Cleveland and Miller are roughly the same size, George is taller than Wong. Pack and Wooga the same.

Doesn't fully explain the disparity in performance.

Advertisement
I see we got we the standard 2 point contribution (Nwoko) from our "bench."
I don’t want to make excuses for the bench because it’s not a competent bench but L does those guys no favors with his brain dead rotations and stubbornness of wanting to play a small rotation. He has had zero feel for the rotation this year. Even with the injuries making it easier for him to give burn to young guys he still has struggled mightily getting a grasp of what he has. The constant switch up based on the weather between Robinson, Watson, and Djobet is mind boggling

This all would be much easier if we saw a bunch of young guys getting burn and developing before our eyes for the future. But it’s the complete opposite.

The fact that I can’t see Djobet and Nwoko get consistent minutes on a team that has lossed 7 straight blows my god **** mind considering they are the only two players providing a glimmer of hope going into next season.
Nwoko’s lack of PT is especially puzzling. He has shown flashes recently, and you can see the potential is there. But L would rather continue to run Omier into the ground (36 mins last night) instead of giving this kid any shot.

I don’t want to make excuses for the bench because it’s not a competent bench but L does those guys no favors with his brain dead rotations and stubbornness of wanting to play a small rotation. He has had zero feel for the rotation this year. Even with the injuries making it easier for him to give burn to young guys he still has struggled mightily getting a grasp of what he has. The constant switch up based on the weather between Robinson, Watson, and Djobet is mind boggling
I don’t understand it either. No continuity or rhythm has been established. He’s done the same thing all year with Nwoko/Casey.

A couple of better additions via portal last year and we could have been back in the thick of March madness ... oh well, its what it is.

Just like in football, an decent backup QB...but we shoot ourselves in the foot as always

Advertisement
I don't care about moral victories, but to read this thread you'd think we lost to FIU by 40 at home with a full squad.

I agree but the same could be said about last season where we got to the Final Four. We were just as small then, with our "big man" under 6'6 (Omier). Cleveland and Miller are roughly the same size, George is taller than Wong. Pack and Wooga the same.

Doesn't fully explain the disparity in performance.
We could get to the basket last year with Wong and Miller so even though it was an issue last year too it wasn’t such a sore spot. Now that we’re a shooting time you see it a lot more.

It’s not a shot at Omier or me saying we need a 7 footer but we can play the same style with guys that are 6’9/6’10 and give us a lot more length.

Omier and Joseph are truly the kings of turnovers and certainly they hustle but make a slew of mistakes. Coach L has had a brain fart for most of the season. I will give him some slack but he is the reason this season has gone south. Very poor roster management, lack of TO's during pivotal times, horrendous substitutions, and a disconnect with the team. Last night was a winnable game but Coach L coached poory again.

Advertisement
I don't care about moral victories, but to read this thread you'd think we lost to FIU by 40 at home with a full squad.
We have lost 7 straight games. The 1st time it’s been done since joining the acc. Lose by 40 to FIU and losing 7 straight acc games is basically the same thing and might even give the slide edge of embarrassment to 7 straight L’s

Not going to speculate but Wooga has not appeared to be locked in all season so I wonder if he's played his last game at Miami. If this is what it takes to have Matt Cleveland in his natural position next year then so be it.

I fully believe the refs rigged the FIU game in our favor. I have said this since the game ended that day and I walked out of the building

If I were to have told you this morning that Miami, down Pack and Wooga would be down by a bucket to a top 10 team, ON THE ROAD with a minute remaining, most of us would have been happy. Why? Because we all knew that with around 30PPG of production in street clothes, this team(And honestly 99% of teams) would have little to no chance of winning. It took a dude having a career night, for UNC to escape with a win.

I get it, you want to thump your chest and talk about "No Excuses" while you work your 9 to 5 like the rest of us, but give us a break. This season has been frustrating, but we can also salute this team for showing some heart. Wish this team would have been able to provide this kind of effort consistently, maybe they would have been able to steal a couple of additional conference wins, but at least the young guys are showing some progress as their minutes have picked up. No one is saying any of these youngsters are the second coming, but let's be honest: plenty of Miami fans wanted Wong and Wooga gone early in their careers as well. Maybe one of these guys can grasp a role, and justify being brought back, alongside the guys we know are solid.
Not pumping my chest and being an internet tough guy here, I also admit to knowing very lil about organized basketball. What I don’t like is seeking moral victories (again those days are 20+ in the rear view) or blaming the refs.
Was I excited to see the game come down to the final 1:30, yes, of course. Do I appreciate the team effort I saw in the last 8 minutes which is all I was able to catch coming home from work on the West Coast, a resounding yes.
Now do I say if only they had x,y,z available to them tonight that they win, No.

No part of me believes this season should have the Canes sitting at 6-12 in the ACC, total head scratcher. No excuses, collectively they stink.

Advertisement
Back